Shawn Carr aka "Boog" has passed :( [UPDATE: photos from service, Post 136]

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
wow? thats terrible to hear. always sucks to lose a member of the neo geo community. may he rest in peace

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Just read this, we never got a chance meet face to face, but had transactions, discussions in the past, just unbelievable, a cool guy. RIP.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Just read this, we never got a chance meet face to face, but had transactions, discussions in the past, just unbelievable, a cool guy. RIP.

Actually I lived in San Jose where he was from. And I remember the transaction well. I sold him Parodius for the PC Engine back in 2004 when both of us were new members. We thought that since he lived in San Jose we could meet up face to face for the deal. But he was hesitant and said that his mom would probably not approve. It was only a little later that I realized the condition he was in and that his mother was pretty much in control of the decisions in his life. For some reason I thought that his mother was very controlling with him but maybe she just wanted to protect him. All I know is that he loved playing and collecting games. And he could not work but only rely on the money he got from disability or money from his parents. But the passion he had for gaming was immense and he was so kind. He never sweared or showed anger.

Gradius

n00b
I was in the MSN messager room when his parents told me about it. He was such a nice guy. sold him a psp 2000. & he was good to talk to. may he rest in peace.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Wow, so many memories & lost members. My condolences to his family.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I remember him posting here quite a lot. Never really knew him but I remember when he passed. We all have our time :(

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
giphy.gif

Happy bday :(

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It was so odd to get a message from Boogs old RE forum today.

RIP Boog

Screenshot_20200320-184656_Yahoo Mail.jpg