Neo Geo AES video output mod

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They never even came with an SNK supply when sold new here.

That is something interesting. So they shipped just bare console or is it because they didn't know what Australia power supplies should be?

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Id say retailers here either removed them and put their own choice in or they came with none and retailers put one in. Between the 2 i owned and 3 others my friends had, none of us had the same power supply, all were 10-12 volt and all 1 amp or more. One even came with a Mega Drive power supply in the box.

S

singularwit

Where is the best place to get an AES component modification. J Kurtz upgraded my system to output S-Video well over 10 years but now I am looking to get component output added. Suggestions?

Ona

n00b
Hey,

I'll read the whole topic and checked out the "jamma-nation-x tutorials" for aes and I'm wondering if there is a mod that's worth it for my aes.

I'm asking because I'm a little bit confused about all these different aes versions!

The only "good" mod i can see for my aes would be the "RGB Ratings for AES", but I'm still not sure since i have a ntsc aes with daughterboard(i guess its a ~3-2) and I'm living in germany where i can connect the aes through a RGB cable right into a ntsc 60Hz port on the TV!

Can somebody tell me exactly if there is a mod which is worth to do for my aes? This would be awesome!

Note that i want to by a OSSC Scaler to be able to hook up the aes on my HDTV even i have a very old TV for my retro consols.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey,

I'll read the whole topic and checked out the "jamma-nation-x tutorials" for aes and I'm wondering if there is a mod that's worth it for my aes.

I'm asking because I'm a little bit confused about all these different aes versions!

The only "good" mod i can see for my aes would be the "RGB Ratings for AES", but I'm still not sure since i have a ntsc aes with daughterboard(i guess its a ~3-2) and I'm living in germany where i can connect the aes through a RGB cable right into a ntsc 60Hz port on the TV!

Can somebody tell me exactly if there is a mod which is worth to do for my aes? This would be awesome!

Note that i want to by a OSSC Scaler to be able to hook up the aes on my HDTV even i have a very old TV for my retro consols.

You most likely only need to swap out the old caps for new ones on the RGB output in the system from 100uf to 470uf.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Replace the one on the right as well, yes, 10v is fine.

Ona

n00b
sure, but first let me get my neo geo to work and after that i can join the german community for smalltalk.

Shakes

n00b
So glad you asked this as I just picked up a first revision AES and plan to get RGB and hopefully stereo out from the 8pin connection.

Ona

n00b
it depends on the rgb cable you want to buy! the one i bought has a seperate audio cable for the "headphones input" of the aes and it works awesome! just note that you don't need the rgb fix if you have a crt tv which supports rgb 60hz! i didn't made the rgb fix on my aes and the quality on my crt is 100% perfect. cheers