Warframe (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance...eat your heart out)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Just watching a few lets play videos for the game today. The game looks cool so I thought I'd start a thread for it. Warframe comes from Digital Extremes (Unreal Tournament, Dark Sector, The Darkness II, etc) and is a third-person co-op competitive shooter. PC-only at the moment, but I'm hopeful for a next-gen port.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Looks pretty neat. But, what does MGR have to do with this? If anything, this reminds me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Looks pretty neat. But, what does MGR have to do with this? If anything, this reminds me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Must have been the swords. It always bugs me from a continuity point of view when you, say, start slicing at a wall and it remains unblemished.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

I'm so glad that my hopes for a next-gen port came through. I've read that the player population on the PC side of this game is around four million. That bodes well for future updates on the console side I would think. With DriveClub delayed into 2014 I'm glad I have something to be excited for on the PS4 at launch.

Magician

20 Year Member
This game is awesome! I've been playing this nonstop since I got my PS4. Sure it's a third person shooter, but I didn't know it's an mmo. The mod system is simple yet addictive.

I used my free $10 PS Store credit and bought the support-focused Trinity frame. Today I passed my second master rank trial. I used my first forma (Warframe's version of prestige) on the Trinity frame. Now I'm collecting misc bits for assorted weapons, since applying formas on weapons before you find one you really enjoy using is silly.

If you have a PS4 you need to give this game an honest try.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is this a F2P game? Microtransactions?

The 'duf can't abide with that.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I feel I should devote more time to this game then I already do

Magician

20 Year Member
Is this a F2P game? Microtransactions?

The 'duf can't abide with that.

Yup, F2P. There are microtransactions, but they're not forced upon you. Play the base game. If you enjoy it, there's content that'll last the life of the console. If you love it, throw a few thank you dollars towards Digital Extreme.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My main gripe with F2P is that the ones I've played are a frustratingly boring grind, unless you pay to get the items that boost your XP.

Magician

20 Year Member
I've played over 40 hours so far. I've polarized my Trinity frame twice. My master rank is at four, so now I can give the Hek shotgun a try. And the Rhino frame is cooking right now. 72 hours to create a frame, wtf?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Just out of curiosity, does the PSN version of the game support cross platform teaming with PC players? I've been a founder since before early beta and wouldn't mind getting in some time with you guys if it were possible.

Magician

20 Year Member
40?

How the fuck...

I took the week off work for Watch_Dogs. When that was delayed to 2014 the PS4 launch filled the void. Warframe is the game I've played the most in my time off. It's going to be difficult picking days off next year, so many awesome games will be arriving.

Just out of curiosity, does the PSN version of the game support cross platform teaming with PC players? I've been a founder since before early beta and wouldn't mind getting in some time with you guys if it were possible.

Good question. I don't believe so, though I'm not certain of that.

Magician

20 Year Member
I have my final Trinity build planned and ready to execute.

I'm so excited that Warframe allows the player to create such OP builds in an online co-op game.

So, the Trinity Team Invincibility build.

Trinty Mods
Aura: Energy Siphon - Maxed
Skill: Link - Maxed
Skill: Blessing - Maxed
Narrow Minded - Maxed
Flow - Maxed
Continuity -Maxed
Constitution - Maxed
Streamline - Maxed
Fleeting Expertise - Level 4
Rage - Maxed
Quick Thinking - Maxed

This frame casts Blessing (full team shield & health restore + team invincibility for 24 seconds) to keep the party going, followed by Link to redirect 75% of incoming damage to surrounding enemies. With energy efficiency maxed at 75%, this combo will cost 43.75 energy. The maxed Energy Siphon will regenerate 14.4 energy inbetween castings. With a maxed Flow mod equipped I could cast this combo almost twenty times without picking up a single energy orb.

The well known Rage/Quick Thinking combo is truely unnecessary, overkill really. But I'm thrilled that I'm allowed to go so crazy, and so I shall. For weapons I'll certainly take the Soma rifle (which has become even more OP with update 11) for primary, Twin Gremlins for secondary, and Orthos Prime for melee. All of this should take several months to obtain.

Should be all kinds of fun.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
there is just something about the game that bores me, it is all my best friend will play currently. i play with him when i can, but god i cant wait til he moves on to something else. id rather be playing an arcade style FPS or monster hunter.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I tried the game on PC some months ago, and I don't really get the buzz. The environments are bland as are the generic enemies. The warframes themselves look pretty cool, but the game feels very...empty.

Magician

20 Year Member
If you're a PS+ member (don't know why you wouldn't be) there's an excellent free platinum/credits/affinity starter package to download from the PS Store.

Magician

20 Year Member
85+ hours deep.

I'm loving this, I can't help myself. This little Gears of War MMO, only with cyber ninjas instead of dudebros, has me in its clutches. Sure there's no single player campaign to flesh out the universe, but the gameplay makes my heart race. That effect is only intensified if I'm in a party of competent players.

Currently I'm farming t3 Grineer endless defense in search of the Streamline frame mod. Drop tables list it as a 2% drop rate for a wave reward (rewards are handed out every five waves, with rewards cycling every twenty waves).

I enjoy playing the Trinity frame alot. She's bottom-tier in terms of offensive, but her Link and Blessing skills are two of the best in the game. Today, with a few hours of play, I should reach master rank six and unlock the Soma blueprint for purchase. Perhaps then I can contribute a bit more offensively? (lol, I know I will)

I think I'll have to consider placing Warframe on my "favorites of 2013" list.

Magician

20 Year Member
115 hours plus; "tick tock and you don't...stop".

I've had the Soma rifle for a few days now. Everything mentioned about this weapon is true. Even with so-so mods equipped I can wreck mobs between levels thirty to thirty-five. After my frame mods are all obtained and maxed out I can see the Soma doing stupid-OP damage once I give its mods attention.

The same goes for the Twin Gremlins. Those babies were made to pepper the enemies, fast and fierce-like, as secondaries have access to mods that allow up to 180% chance for additional rounds fired. So with every squeeze of the trigger there's an 80% chance to fire three rounds rather than just two. Add the gunslinger mod for increased fire rate and you'll have yourself a long distance chainsaw.

I've changed out the Orthus Prime for the Kestrel. The Orthus Prime is high on style and low level mob crowd dicing, but the Kestrel lol-funny fun. The Kestrel is a boomerang, one of the few ranged melee weapons. The nice thing is that the Kestral will ragdoll heavies, leaving them open for an easy take down. It gets better if an open pit is nearby. Why fight tough enemies (or bosses) when I can knock their asses into the abyss for an instakill?

Game's awesome.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
The PS4 version received update 11 last night.

Lots of things have changed. Damage 2.0 has been added, giving weapons (yours and the enemy's) specific amounts of impact, slash, and puncture damage. Each of these three damage types offer an additional status proc; knockdown, bleedout, etc. And elemental combos can now be created through the combination of ice, fire, electric, and toxic elements.

The game controls have been altered (for the better). Jumps are no longer stiff, and you can better control the direction your jump in mid-flight. You no longer have to been sprinting to parkour. Your avatar will hurdle over waist-high obstacles rather than requiring a full blown jump.

The UI and HUD options have been expanded. The universe map highlights bosses, nightmare missions, alerts, and operations better than before. Team vitals can now be added to the HUD, where as before it was hidden behind the options button. And the menu page just looks cleaner altogether.

Additional graphic filters have been activated, making the game look nicer than before. Many of the tile sets have been touched up and slightly altered. Enemy scales have been changed and seem more appropriate. Weapons and mods have been rebalanced a bit (which some that previously weren't working...now they are).

Then there's the additions of new bosses, weapons, and frames.

Hmph, the game I've been enjoying for the past few weeks just got better.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
And here I am with a PS4 and havent downloaded it yet. The fact theres no single player campaign kinda hurts it to me. I primarily play alone, so why should I get this?

O.