Warframe (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance...eat your heart out)

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
man that stream was pretty bad, they really should have been better organized. or less drunk.
anyway, was not expecting the archwings at all. look pretty fucking cool. DE sure know how to keep the hype train rolling.
who knows how well it'll actually be implemented though. Just look at the kubrows.
New maps and gametypes are usually good. tyl regor looks retarded. and... swimming? ...WHY?
just adding more stuff instead of fixing existing issues.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
U14.1 is due for arrival on PS4 tomorrow. I'm ready to grind for my new puppies.

Magician

20 Year Member
Played U14 for several hours last night. I must be very lucky, I've only experienced a couple minor issues. If you read the Warframe forums you'd think all hell has broken loose. I did all the vault runs to start research on Mirage's mission access, played the prologue (loved it), did the missions to unlock the kubrow incubator, did a few missions (literally...just three) to get my first kubrow egg, and started in on the Breeding Grounds event (at 10 points now).

All in all I really love the new UI. It's slick and efficient. The squad system and mission launcher are also much improved. I'm going to have a difficult time going back to Diablo III over the weekend with all this new stuff on my to-do plate.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Yeah I really like the way it looks, it's still slower to navigate than the old one though.
and you got the new-new UI, not the old-new UI we got at first.
mod management was a goddamn nightmare, and you couldn't see anything cause your frame was in the way (though that still happens sometimes).
Also you can now actually read the text, clearly tell if some stat is going up or down, and some other changes you're lucky you didn't have to deal with.

and since you can finally get rid of kubrows, I'm going to casually try my hand at breeding.
Also I hope you've been getting all the rare alerts this week.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

Devstream 39 was awesome, simply because DE is doing something I've wanted for a long time. Removing ability mods from frames and making all four frame skills ingrained. Abilities will gain xp through usage. DE is adding two non-polarized mod slots to all frames, and refunding forma for frames where ability slots were altered by forma.

/me - golf clap

This'll open up options for roughly two-thirds of the frame mods that no veteran tenno would otherwise use. The days of min/maxing around one ability will soon be over. Time to break out those element resist, survival, and support mods nobody (even new players) uses and show them some love. Then there's the fact that ability mods will be removed from drop tables. Which means more cores and useful commons for upgrading your good mods.

How about syndicates?

Pretty cool, I welcome a "rep for gear" system. I can almost guarantee that it'll be leagues better than the one Destiny uses.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I think I've found a new favorite primary weapon in the Attica. I don't use a thunderbolt build either, the splash damage it causes drops off once you're at enemy level thirty. No, I like an element damage build. The biggest draw towards the Attica for me is the higher base damage and full auto feature.

Previously my favorite was the Latron Prime. Good base damage, great accuracy at range. The problem is heavy caliber, it's a serious negative to Latron P's accuracy, so I couldn't use it. However, heavy caliber's negative accuracy barely affects Attica.

As a result I can raise the Attica's base damage to triple that of my Latron P. The choice is obvious to me...although perhaps not for everyone else. Both weapons have their pluses and minuses. Dare to compare.

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm creeping past 840 hours played now. A few more missions today and I'll be back to 100% complete on gear. I just need a Raska to complete my kubrow collection. And I'm just missing a handful of mods.

My fingers are crossed that my favorite frame, Trinity, will be the next frame to get the "prime" treatment. The last couple prime redesigns (Loki and Nyx) were amazing, so my hopes are high for Trinity's new design. I'm pretty set with my weapon loadout; attica, marlok, and fang prime. Since attica and marlok are dojo weapons it's unlikely they'd ever get a prime treatment, so it'll be tough to unseat them in my loadout.

I never thought I'd enjoy this game as much as I have. We're coming up on the one year anniversary of the PS4 and Warframe is still my favorite game on the console. Who would've thought, eh? And Warframe gets enough support for Digital Extremes to continue adding content; they've floated ideas throughout their devstreams that suggests that they'll continue to add content for another year.

Times are good.

Their next F2P game is already in development and I hope it turns out as well as Warframe has.

Edit: I thought I'd take a closer look at the syndicates being added to Warframe down the road.

Artibers of Hexis
"The dogmatic Hexus seek a truth through discipline and practice. They reject the Tenno as warrior mythology. A lie constructed to limit their potential."

Ranks and Rewards
Fraud - Hunted by Eximus Corrupted Platoon
Deceiver - Hunted by Eximus Corrupted Squad
Principled - Corrupted Lancer Spectre
Authentic - Large Team Energy Restore blueprint
Lawful - Rare Fusion Cores
Crusader - Weapon Augment Mod
Maxim - Frame Augment Mod

Ally
Cephalon Suda

Enemies
Red Veil
The Perrin Sequence

Cephalon Suda
"A vast consciousness watching with a curious eye. Seemingly devoid of emotion. Suda's thrist for knowledge and abhorrence of destruction can only be described as passionate."

Ranks and Rewards[/u]
Waste - Hunted by Eximus Shield Drone Platoon
Debris - Hunted by Eximus Shield Drone Squad
Competent - Shield Drone spectre
Intriguing - Large Team Health Restore blueprint
Intelligent - Tower IV Keys
Wise - Weapon Augment Mod
Genius - Frame Augment Mod

Ally
Artibers of Hexis

Enemies
Red Veil
New Loka

The Perrin Sequence
"A collective of brilliant and powerful merchants, splintered from the Corpus. Their goal is to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world they study."

Ranks and Rewards
Write Off - Hunted by MOA Platoon
Liability - Hunted by MOA Squad
Associate - MOA spectre
Senior Associate - Large Team Energy Restore blueprint
Executive - Forma blueprint
Senior Executive - Weapon Augment Mod
Partner - Frame Augment Mod

Ally
New Loka

Enemies
Steel Meridian
Artibers of Hexis

Red Veil
"The Veil see corruption all around them. They are honor bound to heal the system through a great and violent purge. No cost too steep, no blood too precious."

Ranks and Rewards
Corrupt - Hunted by Eximus Scorpion Platoon
Suspect - Hunted by Eximus Scorpion Squad
Respected - Scorpion spectre
Honored - Large Team Ammo Restore blueprint
Esteemed - Rare Fusion Cores
Revered - Weapon Augment Mod
Exalted - Frame Augment Mod

Ally
Steel Meridian

Enemies
Cephalon Suda
Artibers of Hexis

New Loka
"Only through the restoration of a pure humanity and the repopulation of Earth can the conflict end. New Loka are worshipers of the human form and Earth, before its corruption."

Ranks and Rewards
Exhiled - Hunted by Eximus Ancient Healer Platoon
Condemned - Hunted by Eximus Ancient Healer Squad
Humane - Ancient Healer spectre
Bountiful - Large Team Shield Restore blueprint
Benevolent - Tower IV Keys
Pure - Weapon Augment Mod
Flawless - Frame Augment Mod

Ally
The Perrin Sequence

Enemies
Steel Meridian
Cephalon Suda

Steel Meridian
"Lead by a battle-hardened Grineer deserter, the Steel Meridian fight a guerrilla war against a vast enemy. They are sworn protectors of what little remains of the colonies."

Ranks and Rewards
???

Ally
Red Veil

Enemies
The Perrin Sequence
New Loka

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How do you find the time to play this, Diablo, and Destiny? All time sinks.

Magician

20 Year Member
How do you find the time to play this, Diablo, and Destiny? All time sinks.

An unhealthy, slow social life. I have no interest in dating or starting a family. Few bills, even fewer responsibilities. It leaves alot of time for distractions.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Update 15 has been submitted to Sony (and Microsoft) for certification.

rYoJAwV.jpg

Last edited:

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
The archwing missions are pretty fun, but really buggy. it's really annoying that it's taking forever to level my arch gear to get strong enough to do the quest to get the new frame, limbo.
you need the archwing to do it, but the missions keep bugging out. exterminate missions, enemies won't spawn. interception missions, enemies will get stuck inside asteroids and you can't kill them.
Finally joined a syndicate, haven't gotten any rewards yet though.
and they stealth changed the easter pallete, so no more hot pink. that's shitty.

edit: do like that you don't have to equip abilities anymore, and they replaced all the forma I used to change ability slots. I only used my nekros for desecrate, so that's 3 forma right there. kinda makes some frames more viable, cause some abilities were really only useful in very specific situations, so not really worth equipping.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm excited for U15. The archwing stuff and the new frame are at the back of what's interesting to me. For me, as you mentioned, it's the removal of the ability mods and the refunding of forma on all frames where ability slots were changed by forma. I should be getting around 10 forma back.

I'm really excited for Syndicates. Why? First are those syndicate-only mods. Specifically, the Hek and the Dual Cleaver mods. Two of my favorite weapons pre Damage 2.0 will get a significant buff thanks to those Syndicate mods. They should've called this update, "Return of the Hek: Shattered Justice". Secondly, are the not exclusive but bling-bling shiny sigils. I think the rank five sigil for Steel Meridian (home of the Hek and Dual Cleaver mods) looks downright fugly. However, the rank five sigil for the Arbiters of Hexis looks pretty awesome. Do want.

Between U15, GTA V, and Smash Bros. I'll have plenty to keep me distracted this winter.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Closing in on 950 hours played.

My experience with update 15 has been amazing, enough to keep me from playing GTA V and finishing AC: Unity. Moving the frame abilities from being mods to making them ingrained into the frames themselves has enchanced my enjoyment in playing some frames that I don't play very often. Sure it hurts specific builds I have for a few of my favorite frames, but the benefits of being able to utilize all of a frames abilities outweigh the loss of min/max specialization. And aside from the occasional auto-extract during archwing missions I find the new playtype very enjoyable.

Up next, U15.5...player hubs.

Magician

20 Year Member
Here comes Nova Prime.

The question is will DE release another accessory pack I'll buy?

I don't believe I can fit anymore shine on my space ninjas.

Magician

20 Year Member
So, update 15.5.7 for PS4 tomorrow. XBone...maybe later this week?

Mesa frame (think Bayonetta in the old west)
Braton Prime buff
Emote wheel
Syndicate weapons
Redeemer (gunblade)
Trinity immortal skin
Liset skins
Archwing melee Rathbone
Archwing gun Velocitus

Sounds like fun, although I'm still not sure if I'll donate $50 more for this round of prime accessories.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Just got back into playing this after dabbling with it for a bit when it first came out. The combat and overall gameplay is a lot of fun, and I'm having a blast with it.

My only main complaint is what a pain in the ass it is to unlock weapons, warframes, and other items without spending platinum. I love that nearly all of it is attainable without spending money, but the difficulty in doing so seems really high. I understand that for end game stuff, but even newbie stuff is a pain.

I'm half tempted to see if there's a platinum hack tool out there just so I can get a few things until I get lucky enough to get a 50% or 75% off discount from the random login lottery.

Magician

20 Year Member
My only main complaint is what a pain in the ass it is to unlock weapons, warframes, and other items without spending platinum. I love that nearly all of it is attainable without spending money, but the difficulty in doing so seems really high. I understand that for end game stuff, but even newbie stuff is a pain.

This is very true, the entry gate for new players is brutal. Unless you progress with the help of a friend who's a veteran or hookup with a friendly clan it could take awhile before you're able to solo the mid-game content. Damage 2.0 (introduced earlier this year) fixed some of this, it use to be worse.

The key to success in Warframe is a good offense. Find and level all the elemental damage mods before anything else, even shields or health. Some newer players don't understand that it's not the weapon that you use (as any weapon can plow right through the mid-game content) it's the mods you have equipped that matter. Each of the three enemy factions are weak against one elemental combo. Grineer = radiation (fire & shock). Corpus = magnetic (cold & shock). Infested = corrosive (shock & poison).

Also, the best avenue for progression for newer players is to earn all the parts for Rhino. His parts are earned by defeating the Venus boss, Jackal. Rhino has lots of toughness through his Iron Skin skill, and excellent crowd control through his Stomp skill. He's the most popular frame in the game for good reason. You should have no trouble progressing through the solar system with him.