Rarest MVS Games

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi
I am pretty familiar with AES rare carts, but what are the rarest hard to find carts for the MVS?

I just picked up Kizuna MVS genuine cart in the UK I know that is the rarest on AES but pretty common on mvs right, so whats the hard ones to find on mvs?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hi
I am pretty familiar with AES rare carts, but what are the rarest hard to find carts for the MVS?

I just picked up Kizuna MVS genuine cart in the UK I know that is the rarest on AES but pretty common on mvs right, so whats the hard ones to find on mvs?

The Japanese versions of Kizuna on aes is not rare at all, just expensive. Its the Euro Aes version that is rare. If you goto the MVS kit price guide section, that will give you a idea of which mvs titles are rare. Those are for the complete kits.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Pleasuregoal
Twinkle Star Sprites
Pulstar
View Point
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Bang Bead
Nightmare in the Dark
Pochi & Nyaa
Samurai Shodown V Special
Super Dodge Ball

I would say these are the hardest MVS games to find

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi
Ok yes forgot to mention it was the euro release I was thinking of.
I will check out the mvs cart guide cheers

ChrisB

Another Striker
Pleasuregoal
Twinkle Star Sprites
Pulstar
View Point
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Bang Bead
Nightmare in the Dark
Pochi & Nyaa
Samurai Shodown V Special
Super Dodge Ball

I would say these are the hardest MVS games to find

Ok many thanks :)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Did Ninja Masters somehow become rare? The price has shot up like crazy on that thing compared to not even three years ago.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Did Ninja Masters somehow become rare? The price has shot up like crazy on that thing compared to not even three years ago.

A mint English labelled cart I would say is rare as most come damaged. Otherwise no, easy to get hold of and well worth getting in any condition

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
original which is the main thing. Fake cart and label, looks like a yaton cart

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hi

Here: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvspriceguide.html

The AES community has been hanging out with the MVS crowd for a while now. First, cause all our MVS titles--even the RARE ones--are cheap and common in comparison to the AES carts. And, second, they can play most all of our cheap Arcade MVS carts on their AES system via Converter or Conversion/Sack Cart. It's really too bad that SNK didn't make more AES carts to meet the demand, but truth is: They really priced themself out of the console market.

Last edited:

ChrisB

Another Striker
Where do you usually buy your carts from. I found a genuine kizuna for the mvs on ebay but it cost me £65 and is cart only i think i paid too much :(

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I buy MVS.

And usually from domestic sellers (on the forums) and local OPs.

AES is a whole nother world.

Last edited:

ChrisB

Another Striker
Here: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvspriceguide.html

The AES community has been hanging out with the MVS crowd for a while now. First, cause all our MVS titles--even the RARE ones--are cheap and common in comparison to the AES carts. And, second, they can play most all of our cheap Arcade MVS carts on their AES system via Converter or Conversion/Sack Cart. It's really too bad that SNK didn't make more AES carts to meet the demand, but truth is: They really priced themself out of the console market.

Thanks for the links :)
Yes snk definately priced themselves out, at age 12 I had enough cash to buy the AES when it came out but could just about manage one game, the price of the carts though blew me away and I never made the purchase and had to go for a snes instead LOL :(

ChrisB

Another Striker
Do you find most on ebay are bootlegs or overpriced, here in the UK theres not a whole lot of choice out there, although definately easier to get mvs than aes games.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Dude, you are so not alone.

That was the way it was back then for, like, 9/10 kids: Going to the toy store to get a NEO and coming back with a NINTENDO. :eek_2: / :crying:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Where do you usually buy your carts from. I found a genuine kizuna for the mvs on ebay but it cost me £65 and is cart only i think i paid too much :(

If you have a original cart w/ original label then you did not over pay. The price on Kizuna has gone up in the last couple of years. It usually sells for $100-$125. Its getting harder to find.

ChrisB

Another Striker
If you have a original cart w/ original label then you did not over pay. The price on Kizuna has gone up in the last couple of years. It usually sells for $100-$125. Its getting harder to find.

Hi
Thats interesting and good to hear, yes its original cart, labels are original but serial no has been blanked out though.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
The "rarest" one in my experience is Fight Fever by a Wide margin. I've seen it once, ever.

Other carts I consider rare:

Pochi to Nyaa
V-Liner
irritating maze
neo Mr. Do

Everything else, I've seen multiple copies In various places.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Mine Ninja Masters is full mint, legit, and in a really nice shock. I only ask as I have seen other sales put it up for $60-80 and ebay much more while I bought it with a mint and legit Kabuki Klash also in a shock for $37 shipped but this was also back in 2008.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wouldn't even bother with MVS kits unless they're cheap or the only available form. Its just a cardboard box and some artwork. Some like to spend absurd amounts for artwork but I personally went MVS due to its affordability which it provides as long as you can handle a scratched label or a dirty case.