GCW Zero - new retrogaming handheld looks great

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd pick the ngx any day just by looking at both pieces of Hardware. And ofc, a licensed product to play licensed Games is way more Chinese style than an open Source emulator mayhem machine ;)

Did you just get into the Neo?

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Just pledged my $135! Hope it ships fairly soon. The gcw reminds me of a gb micro on steroids, a very good thing.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I want the pouch bad. How else is it gonna survive my commute at the bottom of my backpack

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well, when I get back from having dinner with my family I'm going to pledge my money for the unit. My friend Sid (OldSchoolNYCGamer on Youtube) was telling me his friend is a tester on the unit and says it'll blow everything else out of the water, so here's looking to the spring/summer when they release it!

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Nevermind, found the answer on the kickstarter page

Does anyone know when we choose which color our unit is? I didn't see any options when I funded. Doesn't matter too much, I'll be happy with either.

Last edited:

daranus

Banned
You sure? Either you're a noob, totally blind or are just trying to justify your bad purchase of the NGX.

None of those either. But i guess you bought one of those GCW's who look like they fall apart by just looking at them :)

daranus

Banned
Are you seriously comparing the Zero to the NGX?

No. I guess you cannot compare a worthy product with such cheap stuff. Btw, I would love the GCW to look different and better. But it just doesn't I'm afraid. As a piece of hardware, the ngx is superior. The haptics (which I find VERY important) of the ngx is a whole different galaxy compared to the gcw. But I will stop posting stuff about that now because you cannot argue with people who troll.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
No. I guess you cannot compare a worthy product with such cheap stuff. Btw, I would love the GCW to look different and better. But it just doesn't I'm afraid. As a piece of hardware, the ngx is superior. The haptics (which I find VERY important) of the ngx is a whole different galaxy compared to the gcw. But I will stop posting stuff about that now because you cannot argue with people who troll.

Haptics? I doubt you've ever held the gcw, as there are only a few dozen in the wild.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

LOL, the NGX is SQUARE. It's like playing with an oversized NES controller. The GCW looks much more comfortable to use for extended periods.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,

So what part of the Neo Geo X do you find most superior? The stolen emulator? Or is it the shitty HDMI out that looks like composite smeared shit? Possibly the poor emulation with sound issues and in game graphic glitches? Maybe the ripped off Sony tech?

And I thought Lee Gray was riding the Tommo pole hard. This guy is damn near tearing it off.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And I thought Lee Gray was riding the Tommo pole hard. This guy is damn near tearing it off.

This is what people do when they have an unchecked ego and make poor decisions.

Last edited:

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Congrats, the GCW Kickstarter reached over $200K today, so all 3 stretch goals have been met! Sweet!

Last edited:

Mike26

McWow,
awesome we hit 200k with time left.

I'm so sick of this ngx vs gcw bullshit can we agree not to turn this thread into a shitshow?