GCW Zero - new retrogaming handheld looks great

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Really hoping this goes to 200,000. Not only will this project see a nice starting userbase, but all of us will get a nice full package with our consoles. Really excited to see what this thing can do.

Ben Richards

New Challenger
I am glad I was able to get in and it has gone over goal. It seems like it will be the ultimate handheld and the price is fantastic (may give the Open Pandora competition). The support and dedication of the makers make it for me.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oh wow. The goal has been reached. Congrats.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Time to pledge some money. I'm so glad it reached its goal. Could not pledge earlier on cause of bills and stuff.

I still don't know if I would like the black or the white version. I hate glossy black with a passion after experiencing how easily it gets scratched (PS3)

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Time to pledge some money. I'm so glad it reached its goal. Could not pledge earlier on cause of bills and stuff.

I still don't know if I would like the black or the white version. I hate glossy black with a passion after experiencing how easily it gets scratched (PS3)

It doesn't look 'glossy' to me. Looks more along the lines of a black Game Boy or Game Boy Advance (not SP). Or perhaps - dare I say - like the AES :D I could be wrong though.

Mike26

McWow,
just pledged 160 for a unit. Damn this thing is going to be the SHEIIZZITT.

Gotta contemplate color choice...

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I believe it is not glossy.

Personally I want black, but the white looks good too.

Kickstarter is now about $161K. Should easily make the $175K stretch goal, and maybe even the $200K stretch goal.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just pledged the $135, I hope it means I get one. I'd rather back this than the NGX.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
:up:

holygrail.jpeg

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Just put down my $135. Very excited about this little machine and looking forward to giving it a whirl. Glad to see it's funded as well.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Just pledged the $135, I hope it means I get one. I'd rather back this than the NGX.
Looks like my front lit NGPC you did for me will begin collecting dust once this thing is shipped...but you know what, it may just be time to move on :D

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor

Definitely it means you will get one. The KS has been a big success, and they are well over goal now. It will probably be a few months before they ship, but considering they've managed to produce like 150 of these things already, they should be able to deliver.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I just hope they don't go cheap on the final build like the NGX.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
I just hope they don't go cheap on the final build like the NGX.

Yeah, It would be very sad if the mass produced one is of lower quality than the SE.

I'm guessing they will reach stretch goal #2 but not #3. That pouch doesn't look too protective anyway...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah, It would be very sad if the mass produced one is of lower quality than the SE.

I'm guessing they will reach stretch goal #2 but not #3. That pouch doesn't look too protective anyway...

I wouldn't mind the pouch, I liked the one for my GB Micro. But not that protective but if the screen is high quality glass then we wouldn't really need to worry much, plus someone can always put that film on it to prevent scratches.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Ok, im in.

Just hit the second stretch goal with 70 hours left to run...

Need to get to 200k

COME ON POUCH! COME ON YOU GOOD THING!

Mike26

McWow,
looks like it's going to be close! Did you guys read about the "clone" on alibaba trading? Aparently a chinese manufacturer is offering clones of these suckers already... Sucks if it's true, but the "justin" guy whose in charge of the GCWZero claims it's not possible, instead a scam, or a picture of the GCWZero being used in place of the device you actually get from alibabatrading.com Kinda sucks if it's true, which would mean the factory that they sourced production to is now producing the console for sale, cheaper units that might be sold as legit GCWZeros mucking up the warranty stuff and possibly causing the GCW community suicide before releasing to market...

Eitherway I am hoping it's a fake, that or atleast it won't cause GCW zero or the creators and community too much trouble.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
possibly causing the GCW community suicide before releasing to market...

Suicide? What? You are seriously exaggerating things. You might want to read the latest posts at Dingoonity before posting such hyperbole.

On a brighter note, the KS is now over $190K. Looks like $200K is very likely by Monday night.

Mike26

McWow,
please provide the link to said latest post(s)

sorry if that was incorrect, i just read about it this morning and hadn't checked since. i kicked in for one of these, and trust me i am with you on hoping it's false. just seemed weird the link was removed from the dingoonity forums post...

was it this?
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/gcw-zero/4380/

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It doesn't really matter, GCW is standing behind their product and that's all that matters to me. If anyone wants a chinese handheld that plays games all shitty, I suggest the NGX.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On a side note, if they put Turrican on this thing I'm gonna be really happy.

daranus

Banned
It doesn't really matter, GCW is standing behind their product and that's all that matters to me. If anyone wants a chinese handheld that plays games all shitty, I suggest the NGX.

I'd pick the ngx any day just by looking at both pieces of Hardware. And ofc, a licensed product to play licensed Games is way more Chinese style than an open Source emulator mayhem machine ;)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd pick the ngx any day just by looking at both pieces of Hardware. And ofc, a licensed product to play licensed Games is way more Chinese style than an open Source emulator mayhem machine ;)

Problem being the NGX can't even play its "official" games correctly.