opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Steady as she goes...

Here's another interesting video, comparing emulation to the PSP:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
From kickstarter:
After some serious debate in the comments section here on our Kick Starter page and other forums, we have decided to upgrade the RAM from 256MB to 512MB.

We have also decided to upgrade the internal storage capacity from 8GB to 16GB on the console.

We think both of these upgrades will provide more value for the money you are pledging to get this great gaming console we call The GCW-Zero.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Nice update.

Unfortunately the kickstarter has slowed down, but they said they'll just regroup and try again if this one doesn't make it. I think they really just needed some press coverage, which they didn't get, maybe due to CES going on.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Nice update.

Unfortunately the kickstarter has slowed down, but they said they'll just regroup and try again if this one doesn't make it. I think they really just needed some press coverage, which they didn't get, maybe due to CES going on.

Not really:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gcw/gcw-zero-open-source-gaming-handheld/

It looks like it's been pretty steady thus far, but trending to be a bit less than the target. I definitely think they need more press on this thing.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Going to try and sell some stuff so I can throw 160 or 170 their way. Really excited about this handheld, actually. Looks great! Those screenshots of Third Strike...is that for real? Does is run well?

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Yes, those 3rd Strike screens are real, from an early port of Finalburn Alpha to the Zero I believe. No idea how well it runs, but I see no reason why this hardware couldn't run it full speed once optimized.

Not really:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gcw/gcw-zero-open-source-gaming-handheld/

It looks like it's been pretty steady thus far, but trending to be a bit less than the target. I definitely think they need more press on this thing.

Yeah, they picked up a LOT today. Now projected to 105%! They just might make it.

Last edited:

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Hey Diggerman if you don't mind I posted your thread on the KLOV and Arcade Controls to give it some exposure.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Hey Diggerman if you don't mind I posted your thread on the KLOV and Arcade Controls to give it some exposure.
Yeah bro, yours was the 3rd post of this thing on Arcade Controls. way to nub it up. ;)

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
The kickstarter is doing really well so far. Heading toward being 50% funded now, and not yet half ways thru the pledge period.

Wed 12/17 was their 2nd best day so far, over $9000. Current total is over $61,000 and climbing.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Go go go!

It seems that there was an influx of press in the last couple days, I've been reading about this on a lots more sites than when it first started. Hope this keeps up! I really really hope...I want one so bad.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Today was a new record for pledges. About $13,000 today alone so far, for a current total of almost $75,000.

Also, new video was posted today showing various metroidvanias on the Zero, including SNES and GBA games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGHlt1gR02U

If you want one, pledge!

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Well I get paid in about 5 days and once I do I'm pulling the trigger and buying one of these bad boys. Glad to hear they are listening to feedback.

Threw my cash in for one. I'm pretty impressed with the videos I've been seeing and people behind this project seem genuine. Glad to see the kickstarter blew up since I last looked at it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I might kick in 5k just for a laugh. :D The dinner they are offering sounds like fun. :D

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I might kick in 5k just for a laugh. :D The dinner they are offering sounds like fun. :D

Wow, that would be pretty cool. Pics or it didn't happen (if it does, heh).

Kickstarter is about $83,000 now. Moving fast lately.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Kickstarter is about $83,000 now. Moving fast lately.

I had big doubts a few days ago, but now I believe they will reach the goal of 130k. Really hope they do, as I would like to play this as soon as possible. Seems like a great machine!

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I'm surprised Kotaku hasn't picked up on this yet (or did I just miss the post?). I emailed their tips address, and I'd say everyone here should do the same: tips@kotaku.com

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
Neither has joystiq, Engadget, oh gizmo, or gizmodo... At least the kickstarter is picking without it. We just hit the 100,000 mark!

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Just pledged $160 or more. Up to $103,758!!!!!! I think it might make the $130,000 goal! 8 more days to go! Thanks Diggerman for directing me!