Neo Geo X Adapter

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Has anyone that's still paying attention used the alvicius.com adapter? I see a couple of people got them but I haven't really seen any impressions. Some of my friends and I are thinking about going in together to make one big order to the states to save on shipping since they don't charge a lot for the adapter but assrape on shipping.

Hey Everyone,

New to the Forums, glad to be apart of the community. I attempted to make 3 adapters and just game up, its a pain in the rear to severe the current connections and then to wire them up correctly as the wire just goes over and links with the second pin and ruins the whole adapter. I saw that alvicius adapter that I would like to get but I can't understand the site, If GohanX or anyone wants to put in a bulk order, I'll front you the cost and the shipping to Canada, just PM me or post here.

ZackMorris

n00b
I second this, I opened two of them up and it was a no go, got the thin wire too, I simply just don't have the equipment needed to do this. I know there is another source that is close to production of adapters that can be used while the unit is docked, so hopefully that comes thru. I just want to play World Heroes 2 Jet and SSIV with my joysticks!! I own them on the Playstation!!

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Its really not that hard.. You just have to take your time.. This is one I made for a friend today.. You dont need anything more than a soldering iron. No special tools required. Its just cutting a few things and soldering up the wires. Just don't use too much solder and steady your hand.

20130413_143615_zps522a1234.jpg

Its really not that hard.. You just have to take your time.. This is one I made for a friend today.. You dont need anything more than a soldering iron. No special tools required. Its just cutting a few things and soldering up the wires. Just don't use too much solder and steady your hand.

What was the adapter you opened here? could you provide an Ebay link to it, it looks a little bit more spacious on the inside then the ones I have tried with.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When making the adapters the main thing is the routing of the wires. Turbo's routing is optimal since no wires overlap causing a superfluous space issue.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Has anyone that's still paying attention used the alvicius.com adapter? I see a couple of people got them but I haven't really seen any impressions. Some of my friends and I are thinking about going in together to make one big order to the states to save on shipping since they don't charge a lot for the adapter but assrape on shipping.

If anyone wants to arrange a group buy on these I'd be down for one. It looks like the shipping doesn't change on at least small orders; I changed quantity to 5 and the shipping stayed the same.

Last edited:

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm curious about the alvicius adapter, looking at there instructions it looks pretty simple. My question is what do you need to do to your NGX handheld to recognize the adapter once it has data in it?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'm curious about the alvicius adapter, looking at there instructions it looks pretty simple. My question is what do you need to do to your NGX handheld to recognize the adapter once it has data in it?

Provided you've arranged said data properly, nothing. Pop it in, and enjoy the roms!

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

I opened up a thread to see if there is any interest here in a group buy:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...heck-Alvicius.com-Neo-Geo-X-adapter-group-buy

Superfrick

n00b
For some case mods on the NGX or build some other adapter you can try use thease : http://dx.com/p/micro-sd-tf-card-slot-reading-writing-modules-blue-silver-2-pcs-205308
Should be kinda easy to wire em correctly and place it into the case.

I think that would probably work better as an adapter that plugs in like an umbilical. You'd have a ribbon cable to a gutted sd card/adapter plugged into the unit and you'd then plug your card into this thing.

I used an SD ribbon cable on another project, I'm tempted to dig up my parts and give it a go. Won't be pretty.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yup, we are spoiled here in the US. Low postage and no import/customs fees. I think the USPS rates are going up on Jan 27 but not by much.

Please Xian don't say that too loud... that will be the next thing to get a tax.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
ProCard2

I ship (FREE worldwide) from the USA.

5e690519144866243ba8689f35cab507.jpg

Right now, the Lite set (no micro SD) is on sale for $35 shipped (until Feb 1st 2014).

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
ProCard2

I ship (FREE worldwide) from the USA.

5e690519144866243ba8689f35cab507.jpg

Right now, the Lite set (no micro SD) is on sale for $35 shipped (until Feb 1st 2014).

Oh, what a shocker. And I thought you were just here to defend the good Tommo name. You're also here to peddle your cute little cards. Very fitting.