Neo Geo X Adapter

Danthor9

n00b
I also have ruined a lot of these things trying to make one. If you've still got them available, could you also put me down for one? (Like other users, I'm buying every card they put out, when they get around to it, I'm just too impatient for my own good!)

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
It is a pain in the ass. A few things that help are
1. Patience... It took me several tries to get it right..
2. Plan everything out before you start.
3. A good soldering iron with a fine point.
4. The smallest insulated wire you can find!
5. A steady hand. You are working in some small spaces and its easy to fuck up.
Here is my finished adapter. This is the first thing I've EVER tried to solder.. So if I can do you all can too.

20130120_145452_zps33082e56.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Looks like we have a winner.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/3558368191.html

SD Card Adapter for NeoGeo X Gold - Load your own ROMs on your NGX! - $80 (North Hollywood)

Custom made SD card adapter for the NeoGeo X Gold system. Allows you to load your own NeoGeo game ROMs on an SD card and play them on your NeoGeo X Gold system.

$80 - you get the adapter and instructions for loading your own game ROMs. Tested 100% working. Can meet in person to provide assistance.

I am not selling game ROMs, so don't ask! Local buyers only. Cash only. Scammers need not reply.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
Bloodshed, put me in for one before this price gouging gets even more out of control, lol.

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Samsung SD card: (Click on image to enlarge)

Tutorial: SD adapter tutorial and games converter
If there is one who can not or do not want to create the inverse of the SD card let me know and I will be happy to prepare it.
Details of a private message. inquire.

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I completly botched my attempt at making an adapter. I need a new tip for my soldering iron badly... even more so now that I have melted plastic on it.

I would happily pay for an adapter, as I have zero solderling skills.
So i somebody would help me I can pay through paypal or similar :)

//Fredrik

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
In all fairness that is through PM which is meant to be private.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK Lads....

Here's the ROT line on what I've just read....

As long as it's OFF the forums (and in private)... then i have no problems with it (The other guys might disagree... but that''s their prerogative..)...

...because let's be honest... rom'z have been around since I can remember...

A pm is private unless it's in the sites interests.... and that's upto the guy posting the private message... if he feels it's for the greater good... then I have no problem with Seta posting it...

A pm has been sent to all related parties...

Seta is my friend... and so is Lee.... so let's all get on with it.... Life's too short fookers...

xROTx

PS. ALL posts deleted.... meh... that's how i wanted it....

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Considering that both parties involved if that transaction was to go down could face jailtime, I did it as a greater good to the forums. That being said rot, you should probably get with Charlie and Bob and figure out what to do about the guy.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Considering that both parties involved if that transaction was to go down could face jailtime, I did it as a greater good to the forums. That being said rot, you should probably get with Charlie and Bob and figure out what to do about the guy.

I've already made up my mind Seta pal...

... the PM system is PRIVATE... and hence beyond our control.... we cannot ACCESS or READ anyone's pm's...

If Kabob, Charles or anyone wishes to take any action... then it's upto them...

I've decided that as long as it's not in my face.... i will not take any action...

xROTx

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Making the adapter is a pain. I just spent a few hours making one. I destroyed my first adapter. The second one came out nice, but it is a little thick and I'm worried it won't eject once I insert it. I tone tested the pins with a multimeter and everything looks good. Did anyone else have a problem with the card being too thick? Here are some pics:

Just went for a gamble. :p Cost me about $67 with the fast shipping (Don't worry, they have free shipping as well.). When it comes in, i'll let you know if it's any good. Just killing time till Bloodshed is ready (Might as well get from him as well just in case the one i ordered breaks. :p).

EDIT: My bad. ^_^ It's not free shipping, it's local pickup. :\ Thanks for the clarification sparky-sanxion. :)

Last edited:

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Making the adapter is a pain. I just spent a few hours making one. I destroyed my first adapter. The second one came out nice, but it is a little thick and I'm worried it won't eject once I insert it. I tone tested the pins with a multimeter and everything looks good. Did anyone else have a problem with the card being too thick? Here are some pics:

The wire is too thick.
The insulation use this:
High Temperature Heat Resistant Polyimide Kapton Tape
(Click on image to enlarge)

Last edited: