Neo Geo X Adapter

Wow - Bloodshed, I hope you charge a fair price for yourself for these things because it looks like there's a bandwagon going.

People - he's still making these one by one AFAIK, and as I'm trying to make a not-crap adapter myself, lemme tell you that it's a bit of a bastard and you should instead plan to make one yourself (or enlist a friendly solderer who owes you a favour) because while I don't doubt Bloodshed is a better solderer than I am, I can state that most of you won't be getting one off the poor sod as he probably has a life outside of piddling around with micro-soldering SD card pins.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Yeah, this is getting a bit out of hand. What you might wanna do Bloodshed, is do a pre-order sheet of some form and take a few bucks down so you know how many to make and hit up people in order of veteran to newb... last thing you need is newcomers bailing after you've made the card.

Matyellott

n00b
I was wondering if anyone had contacts with a facility (or access to equipment) that could manufacture microSD to SD card adapters. Especially anyone that might have contacts directly with a manufacturer in China that already does it.

I'd like to see if we can get some adapters designed with the data pins swapped for use in the Neo Geo X. Obviously sales would be pretty low. Still, I imagine that there would still be a profit at charging say... $10 for an adapter? Sold exclusively through neo-geo.com perhaps??

I imagine we'd need:
  • A 3D printer or mold for the shell.
  • A unique design for the metal pins.
  • The pins could be cutout (pressed?) from a thin sheet of aluminum but they would need to be bent so they can cross over (three dimensionally).
  • We'd also need another mold for the resin that holds all the pins in place.
  • Last, assembly.

If it helps, I'd be willing to put together a design in Sketchup. Usually those machines use a custom format though.

Does anyone else have interest in buying such an adapter?

Yes i am in willing to advance pay as well! Help us!

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
If you are still needing a 3D printer and need someone to design it you could head over to shapeways.com and ask in the forums. They have lots of amateur and professional designers willing to design the casing for a small fee.

BloodShed

New Challenger
Hey guys. Shipment finally arrived! I have 20 units. I can probably get this batch done this weekend. In anticipation, I also ordered another 40 adapters last week (just in case). So, I'll have more than enough for anyone that wants it.

When I'm done, I'll take pictures of the final product inside and outside and start another thread. I don't want to promise an exact price just yet because it depends how long it's going to take for me to modify each adapter. I'm going to keep it cheap though. I'm not really looking to make money on it.

Everyone that's requested one either in this thread or via PM will be taken care of in the order you made the request, so... I've got you covered. I'll contact each of you over PM after I've posted pictures to confirm you're still interested.

I would be interested in an adapter if i do not manage to make one by the time these become available. Currently do not have the hardware available to solder and unless that changes in the near future i would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for one.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
High five to Bloodshed, needed some good news between the Boog thing and the 2 year necro bump purchase actually working

Ritzy

n00b
Bloodshed - many thanks for stepping up on this - a lot of people are extremely grateful for your help.
Good luck with your efforts, looking forward to good news ;)

Thanks for your fantastic work BloodShed, I'm really happy your making these adapter for people like me that don't have any electronics skills to do this kind of work.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Good on ya bloodshed! I'm glad I PMed you when I did and I'm really looking forward to getting one of these.
Also, here's to hoping we hear something else soon on gamecards being released from Tommo, I would hate to see the support on the X die out as I have really been enjoying mine!

Matyellott

n00b
Great work!!

I will be happy to pay $50 a pop for these with good included directions to get us all set up.

I haven't really been keeping up with the modding scene of the NGX. What exactly do these adapters do and is there any extra modding to the hardware required?

-DARKSIDE-

n00b
Put me down for one as well. Thanks again for going about making these for us with less steady hands haha.