Happy Neo Geo X Owners

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Played an NGX this weekend, not worth the initial price tag but for $50 it would be cool.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I am a happy owner because:
  • The price was reasonable
  • Its release was a historic event, given that it's an SNK-licenced product
  • It's actually quite fun to play
  • Great addition to any SNK/Neo Geo collection (more accessible than most other SNK systems)

Totally agree !! how many SNK events happen in a life time that a person can afford day one!

Conker73

n00b
I really wanted to like the Neo Geo X - but after getting it, I haven't played it much - mostly because my LCD tv suffers from HDMI lag, which makes some of the games very hard to play the way they are meant to be played. I used to own a 4 slot MVS cabinet - and that was quite a different experience. Maybe the NGX gives a better experience to people who have never owned original Neo Geo hardware. I have just ordered the ultrapack bundle though, and look forward to hopefully having some fun with the included puzzle games :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.02.59.png

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
A friend of mine gave me a Neo Geo X that he wasn't using. I thought that it would be nice to play some NG games on break at work. I used it for a while but ended up putting it into storage. If I had more games for it or a Magic Card adapter and a MicroUSB cable to charge it (I can only charge it in the docking station currently), then it might be worth dusting off again.

I'm in no rush to find it at the moment

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I really wanted to like the Neo Geo X - but after getting it, I haven't played it much - mostly because my LCD tv suffers from HDMI lag, which makes some of the games very hard to play the way they are meant to be played. I used to own a 4 slot MVS cabinet - and that was quite a different experience. Maybe the NGX gives a better experience to people who have never owned original Neo Geo hardware. I have just ordered the ultrapack bundle though, and look forward to hopefully having some fun with the included puzzle games :)

View attachment 23954

A friend of mine gave me a Neo Geo X that he wasn't using. I thought that it would be nice to play some NG games on break at work. I used it for a while but ended up putting it into storage. If I had more games for it or a Magic Card adapter and a MicroUSB cable to charge it (I can only charge it in the docking station currently), then it might be worth dusting off again.

I'm in no rush to find it at the moment

So sorry you guys had to go through that.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I like the NG-X, but don't play it enough to hack it although I do want more games on it. My daughter plays it more than I do, she's gotten into fatal Fury and Cyber Lip on it, she does pretty good.

Sludgepond

n00b
Is it worth buying the NGX stick and converting over to AES instead of buying a used genuine AES stick?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Is it worth buying the NGX stick and converting over to AES instead of buying a used genuine AES stick?

The amount of work you'd need to put in to make that stick worth using with your AES (Better buttons, better stick, rewiring usb output, etc, etc) you're better off just getting an AES stick to begin with! But, if your AES stick shell is in poor condition, an NGX stick shell makes a perfect replacement.

MuppeT

War Room Troll

It just looks like the real thing ... you will invest time, money and effort to replace with higher quality buttons, stick and what not ... only if you enjoy little projects then it might work out for you. My advice - buy a good condition AES stick.

Sludgepond

n00b
@muppet & @danthor: thanks for the advice. I'll just look at getting a genuine AES stick. Thanks!

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is this thing worth buying now that it can be modded and roms just thrown on it? Gamestop and Amazon both sell it for $110 after shipping which doesn't seem too bad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
For that price is not that bad at all but I'd rather spend the money on a JXD is android driven and the emulators work right of the bat no bullshit flashing or none of that hassle. The clicky pad is the best feature on this device although is still a really neat portable the way it comes but it has potential to be way better.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
For that price is not that bad at all but I'd rather spend the money on a JXD is android driven and the emulators work right of the bat no bullshit flashing or none of that hassle. The clicky pad is the best feature on this device although is still a really neat portable the way it comes but it has potential to be way better.

The clicky pad and ability to hook it to a TV with controllers is what I'm really after. It seems like it'd be pretty useful for taking places (meetups, evo, whatever). I have a raspberry pi which I use for that type of stuff right now, but I really like the idea of a portable version with a NGPC style pad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Portable no doubt, as a console to play on a TV not so much without some serious software modding.

Conker73

n00b
I have just received my propack bundle from OMG SNK today - and can't recommend it enough. The installation of the jailbreak was extremely ease, there are SO many games on the card, and the fact that it includes the Unibios is just amazing. NOW... I am a happy Neo Geo X owner :tickled:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm wondering if Raz was OK with the inclusion of the Unibios... if they have even asked him... and if he receives a cut from the sales.

Guessing: No.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, he gives it away for free on his website, what do you think it's gonna happen.

Everything made for this hobby doesn't truly belong to anyone, it's meant to be shared, period.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'm wondering if Raz was OK with the inclusion of the Unibios... if they have even asked him... and if he receives a cut from the sales.

The greater people are always screwed the most.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

FWIW, they use the free version, not the current paid one.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
does that make it ok though? I remember Raz had a dispute with the people behind the Magic Key converters, which ended in some kind of resolution...

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
does that make it ok though? I remember Raz had a dispute with the people behind the Magic Key converters, which ended in some kind of resolution...

I think the difference there is, that in the case of the Magic Key, the version they were using was not the free one.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got rid of mine yonks ago but that pack does look interesting, first i heard about it

mungrin

Panko KING,
I hate this POS but after collecting dust all this time I see that there are ways to mod this thing to make it amazing! Im so pumped! Video show it running PS1 and CPS2 etc,I just want it to run my Neo roms.