Happy Neo Geo X Owners

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I'm sure there are a lot of forum people here that play emulated ROMs that they don't own.
Just like there are alot of people here WHO watch movies online for free rather than pay to see them........The world is full of hypocrisy.

SSS

neo retired
I see no moral difference between those supporting the Neo X, and those playing neo roms on their PC.

One is playing legally obtained games on a stolen emulator.

The other is playing stolen games on a legally obtained emulator.

loving league bowling and cyber lip at the minute i think its personally a well thought out selection of games to come with it, i'm looking forward to some art of fighting 2.

"Hey let's Bowl"

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've been trying for a perfect game in league bowling. I can barely get over 200. What's your best so far?

loving league bowling and cyber lip at the minute i think its personally a well thought out selection of games to come with it, i'm looking forward to some art of fighting 2.

"Hey let's Bowl"
Yeah Cyber Lip is awesome. Why is that the only game to have infinite continues though? It's a little strange.

slerch666

updyke,
Yeah Cyber Lip is awesome. Why is that the only game to have infinite continues though? It's a little strange.

Magician Lord has unlimited continues as well.

I believe it has to do with the fact that if the regular AES version had unlimited credits, it will on the NGX as well. If they were limited to 5 on the AES, the NGX is as well.

Magician Lord has unlimited continues as well.

I believe it has to do with the fact that if the regular AES version had unlimited credits, it will on the NGX as well. If they were limited to 5 on the AES, the NGX is as well.
Oh sweet. I'll try that game next. I heard it's impossibly hard though...

Are there any other good AES games that have unlimited credits? It's such a pain in Metal Slug when you run out of credits. I don't understand how it's possible to even beat the game that way.

I have enjoyed mine so far, have spent many of late nights playing Ninja Masters, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Metal Slug with a few friends. My friends also seem incredibly happy with it as well, one of them has the majority of the Metal Slug Games on his 360 and its fallen to the wayside after he started playing games on my Neo Geo X. My friend rarely gets into playing games anymore, but he has managed to get sucked into the whole arcade vibe you get playing it. I far from regretting purchasing it, will get my moneys worth one way or another. And the video out is really not all that bad, it could improve but its fine the/ way it is. So long as it looks better than a component cable i am fine with it.

Lee Gray

Even though its not great and waiting for new games now before playing it again, I dont really care who made the machine because its not the company I support but its the Neo Geo name and this is an official Neo Geo product!
If it was called something different like SNK classics I wouldnt have got it like I have not got countless other machines that you can play the Neo Geo library on.
I got this because its Neo Geo, not because its made by Tommo or even if it had been made by SNK.

Long live the Neo Geo name :)

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Even though its not great and waiting for new games now before playing it again, I dont really care who made the machine because its not the company I support but its the Neo Geo name and this is an official Neo Geo product!
If it was called something different like SNK classics I wouldnt have got it like I have not got countless other machines that you can play the Neo Geo library on.
I got this because its Neo Geo, not because its made by Tommo or even if it had been made by SNK.

Word.

bg1188

n00b

amen. The fact that neo-geo still lives on in in some new hardware is a testament to its greatness.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Did they really got an approval from SNK to use stolen emulator software?

SNKP themselves not only used Razoola's Unibios in their XBLA titles, but was dumb enough to leave the frontend user accessible. If they don't have any problem with it, I'm sure they don't care what means to an end Tommo/Blaze use.

Reminds me of the anti-drug ad in the US years ago where the Dad asks the kid where he picked up smoking pot. "You alright! I learned it by watching you!"

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
I have been very excited for this unit and it even brought me over here, long time lurker, first time poster. However is it worth purchasing especially if they continue to make new games in that glorious 16-bit style? I for one cannot wait.

xarcade

Quiz Detective
More importantly, you'll need to decide if you can put up with the screen quality.

SSS

neo retired

so... if Tommo had released licensed petrified dog poop with "Neo Geo" scrawled in it, you would buy it.

so... if Tommo had released licensed petrified dog poop with "Neo Geo" scrawled in it, you would buy it.

Of course he would, he doesn't care who made it as long as it means supporting the Neo Geo brand!

* I still enjoy my NGX

Last edited:

Lee Gray

You dont have to purchase everything Neo Geo but some comments are just not worthy of my time to reply to.

Danthor9

n00b
Honestly, I'm having a great time with this. It's no substitute for my original NeoGeo, granted. But! As far as a handheld goes, I'm happy with it! I can't think of another one that came with so many games pre-installed. Short of maybe early 3DS buyers who got into the Ambassador program, but that's stretching it a bit. It already set me farther ahead than when I got my NeoPocket Colour, I only managed to get 2 games for that before it disappeared from shelves. Love the way it feels, I'm just happy with this. I am getting a bit impatient with the lack of announcements, but I'm on faith that I'll be rewarded for my wait. Hoping, anyway. It's been so long since I've been able to buy genuine NeoGeo stuff in a game store, that alone was pure satisfaction. Just my 0.02$

tcdev

NEST Puppet
For me, the NGX was an impulse buy and I have to admit I didn't do a lot of research on it before I placed my order. For example, I actually was hoping that the hardware was a direct re-imagining of the original Neo Geo hardware, much like the C64DTV or the Atari Flashback 2. So I was a little disappointed to find out that it was a linux box running FBA.

Having said all that, I'm still ultimately happy with it now that I have received it. And I must also admit that my disappointment, in part, has been mitigated by the fact that it has been hacked. Not only for the fact that I can play titles that haven't officially been released for it, but I am actually more interested in MVS titles than AES. But at the end of it all, it all comes down to the ability to play Neo Geo titles on-the-go - something that I have never been able to do until now. And that I guess trumps everything else.

Mishran

New Challenger
Greetings folks! New to the forum (not to the Neo Geo). Figured this would be a good place for a first post.

I personally love this little guy. I know alot of people complain about it, but I see nothing wrong with it for what it is. I play it on a new fangled LED TV using the composite connection and see nothing wrong with the picture quality. Granted it might not compare to the look of the new systems, but being a lover of retro systems, I feel that it does well in emulating that retro feel of the systems of old.

This thing could be the ultimate, all time, perfect game system and people will still find reason to complain. I purchased it with an open mind, knowing that it isn't going to replace the Neo Geo. It is a great little handheld and that is what it's mainly meant to be. The joystick and station are a bonus in my opinion. If you don't like the X, don't play it. Simple.

slerch666

updyke,

FUCK YEAH!

I'd buy 15. I'd roll in that shit. I'd rub it between my fingers. I'd like it like a lollipop. I'd press some into my ears. I would BATHE in Neo Geo shit!

Lee Gray

Greetings folks! New to the forum (not to the Neo Geo). Figured this would be a good place for a first post.

I personally love this little guy. I know alot of people complain about it, but I see nothing wrong with it for what it is. I play it on a new fangled LED TV using the composite connection and see nothing wrong with the picture quality. Granted it might not compare to the look of the new systems, but being a lover of retro systems, I feel that it does well in emulating that retro feel of the systems of old.

This thing could be the ultimate, all time, perfect game system and people will still find reason to complain. I purchased it with an open mind, knowing that it isn't going to replace the Neo Geo. It is a great little handheld and that is what it's mainly meant to be. The joystick and station are a bonus in my opinion. If you don't like the X, don't play it. Simple.

Exactly, I might try composite next but theres an old CRT scart TV downstairs and I just brought a scart connector so will test it out on there to see the what the picture quality is like.