Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Metal Slug 3 1 run=> Legit

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Use extreme caution when dealing with.

No, youre confused with repairs.

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Use extreme caution when dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO-GEO man View Post
    No, youre confused with repairs.
    You mean they use flash EPROMs only to repair?

No, i mean they use them for bootlegs and repairs, not conversions. Metal Slug X conversions use one EPROM, Metal Slug 3 uses all original mask ROMs for conversions.

No, i mean they use them for bootlegs and repairs, not conversions. Metal Slug X conversions use one EPROM, Metal Slug 3 uses all original mask ROMs for conversions.
    So a conversion is superior to bootlegs? I thought it was the same grade of fake.

From what I understood.. a conversion uses 100% SNK parts.. not cheap or unofficial eprom chips or boards.. its a simple swapping of the chips.. so u end up with a product that has 100% SNK parts.. just a different game with a new label

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny l3lanka View Post
    From what I understood.. a conversion uses 100% SNK parts.. not cheap or unofficial eprom chips or boards.. its a simple swapping of the chips.. so u end up with a product that has 100% SNK parts.. just a different game with a new label
    Sounds really good to be true! Are you sure about that. Please let an expert to confirm this

Yes, that is correct. A conversion done by someone that can solder is just as good as an original in every way except for the art work.

A conversion is only a conversion when genuine parts are used, using non original EPROMs makes it a bootleg, and yes a conversion using original mask ROMs is superior.

Yes, that is correct. A conversion done by someone that can solder is just as good as an original in every way except for the art work.

A conversion is only a conversion when genuine parts are used, using non original EPROMs makes it a bootleg, and yes a conversion using original mask ROMs is superior.
    So if you happen to buy a conversion I suppose it's not the end of the world.

No, its no big deal at all as long as you pay accordingly, a well made bootleg is fine too if you get it at the right price.

Just as long as you accept its non genuine itll still play the game exactly the same.

No, its no big deal at all as long as you pay accordingly, a well made bootleg is fine too if you get it at the right price.

Just as long as you accept its non genuine itll still play the game exactly the same.
    And how possibly you can accept that?!

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

This is why I don't bother with AES, you pay incredibly high prices and fret about opening cartridges. With AES there is no room for bootlegs, there is however room for conversions. Just don't pay the originals price tag.

Reichsf?rer-Finnland

We've got a real brainiac here.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    This is why I don't bother with AES, you pay incredibly high prices and fret about opening cartridges. With AES there is no room for bootlegs, there is however room for conversions. Just don't pay the originals price tag.
    Lol I bother with AES and will learn to know which is original without opening anything. It can be done. Yes it can be done. Of course there are a lot of people that think it is very difficult and don't like to take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilas432 View Post
    And how possibly you can accept that?!
    If i was after original i would not accept conversions. But ive converted lots of games. I play them all. Since i dont care what they cost if i didnt allready have the MVS cart i buy original.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Loads of games can only be had as conversions. Home cart bootlegs are quite common now and use genuine boards, i havent actually seen one with custom mad boards yet.

Lol I bother with AES and will learn to know which is original without opening anything. It can be done. Yes it can be done. Of course there are a lot of people that think it is very difficult and don't like to take the risk.
    No you wont, and in alot of cases no it cant. You need to open most to see if its real or converted or bootleg.

I used to believe that, too. Until the AF3 drama. Now I don't trust it even if the seller opens up the cart and show me the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    I used to believe that, too. Until the AF3 drama. Now I don't trust it even if the seller opens up the cart and show me the boards.
    Well in that case those quite likely were genuine factory soldered boards! I didnt read it all though so i dont know. Its really no Strikers 1945 PLUS though is it

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    How do you know he will send you the same opened cart from the picture???

No you wont, and in alot of cases no it cant. You need to open most to see if its real or converted or bootleg.
    Have you opened all your expensive carts?

Known Scammer
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!
    The Management.

For high end carts it is best to open it and check however if you get it from one of the dependable members on here like Rot or Xian Xi you can be assured you are getting genuine carts. I open up all of mine just to be sure, you can find some funny things in there just take a Yaton cart for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazae View Post
    For high end carts it is best to open it and check however if you get it from one of the dependable members on here like Rot or Xian Xi you can be assured you are getting genuine carts. I open up all of mine just to be sure, you can find some funny things in there just take a Yaton cart for example.
    Whats a Yaton cart?

Quote Originally Posted by Sazae View Post
    What tool do you use to open it without harm the plastic cart?

Have you opened all your expensive carts?
    Yep.
    What tool do you use to open it without harm the plastic cart?
    Your hands.

Your hands.
    How it is very well closed?

Thread Information