Japanese Metal Slug 3 1 run=> Legit

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
No, i mean they use them for bootlegs and repairs, not conversions. Metal Slug X conversions use one EPROM, Metal Slug 3 uses all original mask ROMs for conversions.

vasilas432

No, i mean they use them for bootlegs and repairs, not conversions. Metal Slug X conversions use one EPROM, Metal Slug 3 uses all original mask ROMs for conversions.
So a conversion is superior to bootlegs? I thought it was the same grade of fake.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
From what I understood.. a conversion uses 100% SNK parts.. not cheap or unofficial eprom chips or boards.. its a simple swapping of the chips.. so u end up with a product that has 100% SNK parts.. just a different game with a new label

vasilas432

From what I understood.. a conversion uses 100% SNK parts.. not cheap or unofficial eprom chips or boards.. its a simple swapping of the chips.. so u end up with a product that has 100% SNK parts.. just a different game with a new label
Sounds really good to be true! Are you sure about that. Please let an expert to confirm this

NEO-GEO man

Yes, that is correct. A conversion done by someone that can solder is just as good as an original in every way except for the art work.

A conversion is only a conversion when genuine parts are used, using non original EPROMs makes it a bootleg, and yes a conversion using original mask ROMs is superior.

vasilas432

Yes, that is correct. A conversion done by someone that can solder is just as good as an original in every way except for the art work.

A conversion is only a conversion when genuine parts are used, using non original EPROMs makes it a bootleg, and yes a conversion using original mask ROMs is superior.
So if you happen to buy a conversion I suppose it's not the end of the world.

NEO-GEO man

No, its no big deal at all as long as you pay accordingly, a well made bootleg is fine too if you get it at the right price.

Just as long as you accept its non genuine itll still play the game exactly the same.

vasilas432

No, its no big deal at all as long as you pay accordingly, a well made bootleg is fine too if you get it at the right price.

Just as long as you accept its non genuine itll still play the game exactly the same.
And how possibly you can accept that?!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is why I don't bother with AES, you pay incredibly high prices and fret about opening cartridges. With AES there is no room for bootlegs, there is however room for conversions. Just don't pay the originals price tag.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
We've got a real brainiac here.

vasilas432

This is why I don't bother with AES, you pay incredibly high prices and fret about opening cartridges. With AES there is no room for bootlegs, there is however room for conversions. Just don't pay the originals price tag.
Lol I bother with AES and will learn to know which is original without opening anything. It can be done. Yes it can be done. Of course there are a lot of people that think it is very difficult and don't like to take the risk.

NEO-GEO man

And how possibly you can accept that?!

If i was after original i would not accept conversions. But ive converted lots of games. I play them all. Since i dont care what they cost if i didnt allready have the MVS cart i buy original.

NEO-GEO man

Loads of games can only be had as conversions. Home cart bootlegs are quite common now and use genuine boards, i havent actually seen one with custom mad boards yet.

NEO-GEO man

Lol I bother with AES and will learn to know which is original without opening anything. It can be done. Yes it can be done. Of course there are a lot of people that think it is very difficult and don't like to take the risk.
No you wont, and in alot of cases no it cant. You need to open most to see if its real or converted or bootleg.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

I used to believe that, too. Until the AF3 drama. Now I don't trust it even if the seller opens up the cart and show me the boards.

NEO-GEO man

I used to believe that, too. Until the AF3 drama. Now I don't trust it even if the seller opens up the cart and show me the boards.

Well in that case those quite likely were genuine factory soldered boards! I didnt read it all though so i dont know. Its really no Strikers 1945 PLUS though is it ;)

vasilas432

How do you know he will send you the same opened cart from the picture???

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
For high end carts it is best to open it and check however if you get it from one of the dependable members on here like Rot or Xian Xi you can be assured you are getting genuine carts. I open up all of mine just to be sure, you can find some funny things in there just take a Yaton cart for example.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
For high end carts it is best to open it and check however if you get it from one of the dependable members on here like Rot or Xian Xi you can be assured you are getting genuine carts. I open up all of mine just to be sure, you can find some funny things in there just take a Yaton cart for example.

Whats a Yaton cart?

vasilas432

What tool do you use to open it without harm the plastic cart?