Japanese Metal Slug 3 1 run=> Legit

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I just received it
Please tell me if I can avoid opening this one up.
p1010645g.jpg

p1010644hz.jpg

p1010643z.jpg

p1010646ay.jpg

81810206.jpg

p1010643m.jpg

p1010646i.jpg

p1010650r.jpg

p1010647d.jpg

p1010648b.jpg

p1010651kj.jpg

p1010653t.jpg

p1010656nb.jpg

Last edited:

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Even though it looks legit, there's only one real way to know 100%, its opening it up... I had the same dilemma just a while back with a Ninja Masters AES... It all looked legit, but opening it confirmed all. Especially in your case (bought from Tokyo Toy Factory). Although I buy alot of other stuff from him myself, I do not buy AES games from him.

Last edited:

vasilas432

How did you open it? I opened all sides using a credit cart but I stuck down middle that seemed not to open!!!!

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
In the middle are 2 "cones" that are glued, they hold the top and the bottom of the cart together, one left, one right. You can wiggle them loose by using a credit card and apply pressure up then down, then up etc. You'll probably see glue in the process, eventually they will come loose.

Be careful though, the label is easily damaged or worse, torn if you open it up to quickly or too far. Patience is the key.

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
As I said in the other thread, the main difference I could see was the spaces you have on the white ring around the NEO-GEO logo, but that could easily just be through the printing process. I took a pic of mine for you to see what I mean in comparison:

DSCF5772.jpg

My cart is also 1st run, and I know it to be 100% legitimate.

vasilas432

@ SNK_Pro
Thanks for the photo! I see the circle and it s ok with that. I can say that has same quality with mine except the small difference which I believe is random. On the right though I can see your sticker has the same low quality shitty colors as mine! Can you give the artwork of the sticker a pic to compare and myself?
Have you opened up your cart?

Last edited:

vasilas432

@ComBoMasTer
It took me two credit cards to destroy for the previous process as they are softer than the cart. It is not possible with another card to apply pressure up and down. The card can't hold even one up and down! It bends! As I could see from the tiny holes the solderings a of the back of the pcb close to the hole were factory soldered. Also I saw two lengthy and very borrow chips from the side. I couldn't tell for sure of course. BUT : Insert and manual are 100% legit as I examined the artworks comparing the colors and resolution with for example Metal Slug 7 for NDS using magnifier glass and great sunlight. Also if the sticker of mine is the same color grades and resolution with SNK_Pro's then no worries. The guy in Tokyotoyfactory "sweared" this is authentic and that no way I will regret it. Also offered me to return it if I am not satisfied for a full refund! And this was before he shipped the game. I told him about the forum for his shop in here. I trust this guy. He gives me the right to trust him. So all the point is if the shitty colors of the sticker are shitty to every copy!
By the way what tool did you use for opening the cart?
Thanks for participating to my posts!!!

Last edited:

vasilas432

What a fast response! Can you se a white shadow above the blue SNK letters?

vasilas432

Your sticker is longer which is bad for me...
Sorry to push you but can you give me a closer high resolution one like mine's above, to compare pixel by pixel the resolution and colors? Until now mine is worse

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
There is a very thin white outline around some of the blue SNK writing, yes. I think you can relax about your purchase, but it's understandable you would worry, i'm sure most AES fans have at some time or other.

vasilas432

Yes you are right I should relax and enjoy! You know, this is my first AES game! Do you have other Slugs?

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Yes, I have a full Metal Slug set. As for the colours, we're obviously using different cameras etc, so there's no way we can get the photos to look exactly the same.

vasilas432

But yours are also lower quality than the insert's which are close to perfect? Right?

vasilas432

I talked to my seller about the different colors of the sticker that concerned me and the matter was solved I saw proof that the game is totally legit as it really looks like so. I trust Tokyotoyfactory, Christophe is a very very good person and a professional. That guy has much too much experience on AES games. All games in his shop including AES games are top notch quality used games. If you ever talk to him for a game that you maybe are interested in, you will see what I mean. Guys, I totally trust him now that I will buy every single AES game for my collection from him. I will post this message also in the other forum about Tokyotoyfactory because it is the truth and many people need to know about it.

NEO-GEO man

Ive bought quite alot of home carts from TTF as well, all genuine.

vasilas432

Actually buying from TTF you get a kind of guarantee the game is genuine. I got that guarantee from the owner. Plus you avoid the opening cart procedure which can permanently damage the cart seal as was told to me, and seems logical enough since I couldn't open the cart in the middle of it myself. Was tough enough to bend completely the credit cards I used. But as far as I managed to see from the little side opening I made on the cart, there were no flash things on the chips . They were clear and the solderings were also clear and factory made. I used a very strong led flashlight to see through the opening.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Actually buying from TTF you get a kind of guarantee the game is genuine. I got that guarantee from the owner. Plus you avoid the opening cart procedure which can permanently damage the cart seal as was told to me, and seems logical enough since I couldn't open the cart in the middle of it myself. Was tough enough to bend completely the credit cards I used. But as far as I managed to see from the little side opening I made on the cart, there were no flash things on the chips . They were clear and the solderings were also clear and factory made. I used a very strong led flashlight to see through the opening.

Don't accept any guarantees especially if this selling outfit is dubious. Open the cart. With minimal practice I opened an expensive cart recently, and I can barely pull a tissue out of a box. With the right credit card it's kind of easy. The possibility of damaging the label is exaggerated. Braking the tabs inside the cart is much easier to do.

Also, I never thought Metal Slug 3 was a prime candidate for a conversion, but that might no longer be true today.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You wouldn't think so, but the prices have been jumping up lately. Still, I'd say you're reasonably safe with Slug 3, as opposed to Slug 1 which is almost guaranteed a conversion these days.

NEO-GEO man

Metal Slug 3 is cheap on MVS, and there are reasonably cheap AES carts that use the same boards.

vasilas432

Don't accept any guarantees especially if this selling outfit is dubious. Open the cart. With minimal practice I opened an expensive cart recently, and I can barely pull a tissue out of a box. With the right credit card it's kind of easy. The possibility of damaging the label is exaggerated. Braking the tabs inside the cart is much easier to do.

Also, I never thought Metal Slug 3 was a prime candidate for a conversion, but that might no longer be true today.
I would't accept any guarantee from anyone but this shop is an exception. Also there are clues like the insert which is 100% authentic and the manual which is also 100% authentic and at the last page also declares it is the 1st run edition!!!! It's ok to open expensive carts to be 100% sure but it depends from the clues, the game and the seller. If you buy from a guy from eBay sounds logical to open up the cart. If you buy from a famous Tokyo shop that you have already buy from it multiple times and all goods were rare, the condition was always better than the description, the shipping box with the goods was made with extra extra care and finally you could speak with the owner and he says don't worry:if you receive it and you are not happy with what you have on your hands you can return it to me with a full refund. And the owner is someone most people of this site know and his is a Neo Geo collector since more than ten years. Then you can RIP!

NEO-GEO man

Don't they neen flash ep roms on the chips?

No, why would they need that?

Take the MS3 chips out of the MVS boards and put them into the home cart boards, its basically that simple. Itll play no different to a factory made one, just wont have the same artwork.

vasilas432

No, why would they need that?

Take the MS3 chips out of the MVS boards and put them into the home cart boards, its basically that simple. Itll play no different to a factory made one, just wont have the same artwork.
Somewhere on (this site) I read that they cant't just replace the board on Metal Slug 3. They need also flash EPROMs. I'm not an expert that's what I read but I don't remember where to find it. Maybe an expert can resolve this for us!