Magfest.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I was mainly there for the concerts and seeing my friends. I've been going since M5 and I got the impression that this was one of the worst years in recent history in terms of how few vendors were selling video games and how overpriced everything is. One of my good friends who's a pretty serious collector said this was the first year he didn't bother buying anything because the lack of selection and high price. Did see a few MVS carts there... for at least double what they're actually worth. I'm talking $50+ for AOF1, SS1, etc.

Would have loved to see Windy Gaming there.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I did well in the pinball tourney and walked around looking for stuff to spend the credit on - ended up just deciding to get an LS-32 from VGNY. I saw some Famicom stuff I'd be interested in but everything did seem kinda wack pricewise.

To add to some of the previous posts, I'm not really a con-goer in general unless there's a fighting game tourney there. But I love arcade stuff and am a huge nerd. Don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but I carried a PVM into the hotel lobby and felt like the most normal person in the place. Spent most of my time in the arcade room, which was fantastic. But if I didn't already have a group of friends I dunno if I would go back. The stuff I did do, I had fun with, so I don't know what I'm saying - I just felt like a square and there was minimal VG stuff outside of the arcade room I had any interest in. Not too much on the music lineup interested me either, and I'm a huge chip/vgmusic etc fan. I might just be becoming a grump.

Shoutouts to majors for bringing all those cabs too. I was gonna bring Twin Cobra as a backup board, but didn't end up doing it, and then Flying Shark went down the first day :crying:

Last edited: