Magfest.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Best. Convention. Ever. is next weekend at National Harbor.

Who's going?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
wish I had known about this sooner, sounds amazing!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I MAY be going, depending on the weather...as I have Thursday and Friday night off.

Jon

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd like to go, but I'm already saving up for PAX Prime this year. MAGFest seems alright, but from what a few friends of mine who have also gone to PAX told me, it's kinda meh comparatively.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
went and met a lot of people. Got to hang out with Jeffkun and EvilMike mostly. Saw InsaneBen for a second. Saw 16-bit.

It was a goof time. Tired as hell now.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wish they'd do this in the summer. My friend's a full time special education teacher so it's a pain for him to get time off when school's in session. I'm waiting for whenever they'll start having flights from Long Island to Reagan, that way I can just fly in, get the shuttle to and from the airport and not have to worry about renting a car and shit like that.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Just watched the concert livestream since I could not be there for the end of events. Kuzo was crazy good and I'm about to watch DJ Cutman now. We'll have to get that drink some other time.

dcsas

Integrated,
just got back....it was fun time i guess.....alot cabs were broken to shit though

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i used to go there with some people from SOVA, hopefully they made it again this year...

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Had a good time there this weekend, got second place in the Windjammers tournament so hopefully I did my Neo brethren proud.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nice Phoenix. Too bad I didn't see you. How's your hand? Those cabs were kind of rough.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Those cabs were kind of rough.

When I first got there on Thursday, the majority of them were up and running...maybe three were down. As the con wore on, more and more kept turning off. When I left Saturday morning, only about 70% of them were working properly. Initial D 3rd Stage was stuck in a load screen...which was a big bummer right before leaving.

Some highlights in the cab room had to be the Dr. Who pinball, which I've only seen two of, Haunted House, and Initial D 3rd Stage, previously mentioned. Whoever owned Dr. Who took good care of it..all the sounds were working and the flippers worked every time. Haunted House though, was kinda sad. As near as I could tell, there were no sounds coming out of it whatsoever which is a damn shame as it's one of the coolest pinball cabs I've ever heard of.

Not sure if anyone checked out the console room, which was past the dealer room. It was less impressive, obviously, than the arcade room but, did spend a few hours playing Startropics. Plus, there was some guy marathon playing every Mega Man game for charity.

As far as the dealer's room goes, only 3 people, that I saw, were selling games. Everything else was art prints, T shirts, etc. I did manage to pick up 5 AES carts: Fatal Fury 3, Fighters History Dynamite, KOF 95, and Samurai Showdown 1 and 2. Four of these were from 16-bit, who BTW was absolutely SWAMPED with customers. I actually had to help out for about 5 hours there answering questions, making sales for him and watching his booth.

I'd have liked to have stayed longer as it seemed everyone from here arrived Saturday. Maybe next year.

Jon

Last edited:

Kiken

Camel Slug
I was there Friday through Sunday and provided the ESPGaluda II and Pink Sweets PCBs over in the shmup corner of the stand-ups room.

One of the guys who provided the cabs was telling me that he plans to swap out all of the old woodies for newer cabs (like Astro City units)... it's just going to be a gradual thing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The haunted house pinball was interesting, but it needed maintenance. The flippers would cash out while the ball was in play, as if it thought the ball was guttered. The bumpers needed to be adjusted as well. Played it for 10 minutes and couldn't get up a single ramp.

I wanted to try Blackhole, but it was broken.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The haunted house pinball was interesting, but it needed maintenance. The flippers would cash out while the ball was in play, as if it thought the ball was guttered. The bumpers needed to be adjusted as well. Played it for 10 minutes and couldn't get up a single ramp.

I wanted to try Blackhole, but it was broken.

Wow, I haven't seen a haunted house pin since I was a kid.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I'll actually be there this year. Sometime early Friday to late Sunday.

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I'll be there this year, hoping to spend more time in the arcade and not just party most of the weekend this time.