Metal Slug Toys JPN by Tomy/Takara

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
300 yen is about 4 dollars. Chinese labor isn't as cheap as it used to be anymore.

It'd cost me a lot more in travel to get to Japan to find a gachapon machine to feed 300yen into!! lol :D

Doubt very much I'd find one of these in the UK so the $30 I paid ncsx is a fair price to get these little models.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Actually, NCSX doing a service offering guaranteed all 5

4 X 5 = $20 plus $9 import? Not too bad, you'd probably pump 50-60 or more trying to get them out of a random vend, plus I imagine the mini AES is rarer

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd cost me a lot more in travel to get to Japan to find a gachapon machine to feed 300yen into!! lol :D

Doubt very much I'd find one of these in the UK so the $30 I paid ncsx is a fair price to get these little models.

Actually, NCSX doing a service offering guaranteed all 5

4 X 5 = $20 plus $9 import? Not too bad, you'd probably pump 50-60 or more trying to get them out of a random vend, plus I imagine the mini AES is rarer

Trade figure collectors tend to buy a whole factory box of 8 or 10, guaranteed to contain a full set and yet cheaper than those "assembled full sets". Those being factory sealed also means they're genuine and not knockoffs, something that you just can't be sure with previously opened packs.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Trade figure collectors tend to buy a whole factory box of 8 or 10, guaranteed to contain a full set and yet cheaper than those "assembled full sets". Those being factory sealed also means they're genuine and not knockoffs, something that you just can't be sure with previously opened packs.

Apparently my set arrived in the post this morning. Not bad seeing as I only paid for airmail... though I suppose they don't weigh an awful lot. Looking forward to picking them up on my way home! :)

Next thing will be paint!!!

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Apparently my set arrived in the post this morning. Not bad seeing as I only paid for airmail... though I suppose they don't weigh an awful lot. Looking forward to picking them up on my way home! :)

Next thing will be paint!!!

Any ideas for the correct colour scheme?

I note that in some images, the entire tank (incl tracks) is a uniform silver grey, grey with a green or blue tinge.

Other pics show grey except tracks picked out in black.

I think I might go for matte grey (not too light) on the bodywork, track edges picked off in graphite and the internal track wheels in a darker than body grey. - pretty much how the example painted ones are done, perhaps also with the gun pod tops picked out in yellow or black.

I'm just talking SV001 here and not the desert slug for the time being.

Here are some references;

Metal_Slug_Tank_zps1197765e.gif

METALSLUG3_zpsc39fc9fc.jpg

(Slug 3)

SlugAnth_zpsa9817d83.jpg

(uniform scheme, but charcoal inner wheels?)

SlugSV001_zps07f2a3df.jpg

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
check my original post link for a good pic for painting guidelines, pic at the bottom of NCSX page, yup starting here with a nice flat grey for main Slug

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Any ideas for the correct colour scheme?

I note that in some images, the entire tank (incl tracks) is a uniform silver grey, grey with a green or blue tinge.

Other pics show grey except tracks picked out in black.

I think I might go for matte grey (not too light) on the bodywork, track edges picked off in graphite and the internal track wheels in a darker than body grey. - pretty much how the example painted ones are done, perhaps also with the gun pod tops picked out in yellow or black.

I'm just talking SV001 here and not the desert slug for the time being.

Here are some references;

Metal_Slug_Tank_zps1197765e.gif

That will be the scheme I shall be aiming for - as close to the original video games as possible rather than box art.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
just got mine from ebay today... paid $50 and I don't regret it one TINY BIT, worth every cent.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
OK!

Just primed the first tank, and added base coat.

The parts need to be worked more (getting rid of paint that is stopping the parts joining snugly). I also need to do a top coat and pick out the details - sides of the gun pods, light etc.

With that said, it looks ok, although I wish I had sprayed the base coat, as upon close inspection, you can see brush marks.

What the hey, it looks ok from afar.

IMG_2092b_zps3b01a778.jpg

ROAR!!
IMG_2093_zpsc4389776.jpg

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
meh, done the miniature model thing years ago, did ok (two state prizes), but just too much hassle to have the finished thing sit around to catch dust... maybe - MAYBE - if someone were to make a table top out of this... then again, I've crammed enough cash down the throat of Games Workshop/Citadel when I was way younger, only to find that when I got out of the hobby even well painted models sold for considerably less than what I bought the unpainted kits for in the first place - because there was a new rulebook? whatever... hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Looking good so far bloodhokuto!! I wouldn't even try to paint these cause i would most likely just mess em up!

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I know this is an older topic, but you can still get these inexpensively on eBay and Amazon. I ordered only the capsule 5 with the Neo Geo system. I received it today, and it is really cool! The controller plugs in, the memory card plugs in, and the detail is just fantastic. This will look great alongside my Sega Saturn capsule toy, that I had picked up years ago.