NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Nothing will ever be more useless and fall on more def ears than this. There are literally only 5 or 6 people that actually use their NGX (including crujones, wintermute and PMA). The other 10 or 20 people that bought one either have it sitting in the back of their closet or on the floor next to the toilet to be used exclusively when taking a shit.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
No mention that I can find if this works on all versions of the X, or just the one with the removable internal flash card.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hopefully, this unofficial firmware updating cable isn't going to brick your NGX like the official one did.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well, thus far everything the homebrew scene has come up with has been lightyears beyond anything Tommo was able to pull off. Granted, that's not saying much, but it still leaves me with a bit of hope on this project.

pipes

Still screwing around with this shit, huh guys?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I bought an x stick to mod for my CMVS, then it went in the garbage. It's terrible.

pipes

Hi is there any softmod for scanlines out yet ? thx denso

There's a leech that preys on vulnerable and easily duped X'ers over in another forum somewhere. He might be able to help you with that abomination. Nobody gives a shit here.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
What's up with the sd video cable? Mine didn't come with one, will a standard 3.5mm one work with it?
I have one and have to pull it out a bit. Looks like ass is NTSC and ok in PAL

I got one a couple months ago on trade. Jailbroke it and got a 16gb sd card.
It's working pretty badass on the handheld itself neo/cps/cps2.. so on, all run well now and aspect ratio is near spot on.
I have a hdmi cable and with some tweaking & on the right monitor it's playable.
I really got this for 2 players on a sd tv though. I have a psp for a portable rom box and am pretty happy with it.

Last edited: