NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Because there isn't a reward. These problems should have been taken care of by tommo, not a customer that bought their product.

Yeah that and gcw zero coming out soon. Why waste my time having to hexedit/hack ngx when gcw zero is fully open source.

-ack

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah that and gcw zero coming out soon. Why waste my time having to hexedit/hack ngx when gcw zero is fully open source.

-ack

One more month bro. Then we can literally tilt the table with that thing.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
My PspGo still rocks for anything emulated. Plus it's smaller than my iphone almost. I love that thing, I never use it, but I like it.

PLUS it has real games, GCW doesn't have it's own games, etc. it's just more emulated shit. no offense, I was so dissapointed over the NGX. I really wanted it to be something more.

tcdev

NEST Puppet
PLUS it has real games, GCW doesn't have it's own games, etc. it's just more emulated shit. no offense, I was so dissapointed over the NGX. I really wanted it to be something more.
Not true, there is an increasing selection of games ported to, and written exclusively for, the GCW-Zero.

daranus

Banned
Not true, there is an increasing selection of games ported to, and written exclusively for, the GCW-Zero.

;) how many?...10?...or even 20?!?!??! :D ....that's not much at all compared to all the emulated stuff you get or any REAL platform so I wouldnt see that stuff as more as a little gimmick. Nobody really bought that device because of the ported games or games created for it. Why should anyone bother with doing much work to port good stuff over there?..or even develop stuff? for maybe 2000 devices??!...hahaha you make me laugh :D

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
;) how many?...10?...or even 20?!?!??! :D ....that's not much at all compared to all the emulated stuff you get or any REAL platform so I wouldnt see that stuff as more as a little gimmick. Nobody really bought that device because of the ported games or games created for it. Why should anyone bother with doing much work to port good stuff over there?..or even develop stuff? for maybe 2000 devices??!...hahaha you make me laugh :D

Seriously, you don't buy something like the GCW-Zero for the official games. You buy it to play emulated games on the go. Which is basically all I do with my PSP anymore; even though I've not touched that thing in about 7 years. The point is the GCW-Zero will be able to out perform the NGX... which to me is just very saddening. I wish that they would have gotten this thing right so that I could play the emulation on it properly through my TV. But, to do that I just hook my laptop up to my TV and use the NGX joystick.

[edit]
Oh yeah... and GCWZ will be much more user friendly than the NGX or the PSP.

Last edited:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Seriously, you don't buy something like the GCW-Zero for the official games. You buy it to play emulated games on the go. Which is basically all I do with my PSP anymore; even though I've not touched that thing in about 7 years. The point is the GCW-Zero will be able to out perform the NGX... which to me is just very saddening. I wish that they would have gotten this thing right so that I could play the emulation on it properly through my TV. But, to do that I just hook my laptop up to my TV and use the NGX joystick.

[edit]
Oh yeah... and GCWZ will be much more user friendly than the NGX or the PSP.

Funny, videos I've seen demonstrating the GCW Zero running Neo Geo emulation did NOT out perform the NGX (GCW does NOT have a faster CPU)... besides that, I think the design of the NGX is superior to the GCW because of the NGX's joystick alone. I keep hearing people hail the PSP's emulation capabillities... yeah and the PSP's (all of them) have just about the worst D-Pads ever made. I'll take the NGX's joystick over a mushy D-Pad and tilt control (LOL) any day.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Funny, videos I've seen demonstrating the GCW Zero running Neo Geo emulation did NOT out perform the NGX (GCW does NOT have a faster CPU)... besides that, I think the design of the NGX is superior to the GCW because of the NGX's joystick alone. I keep hearing people hail the PSP's emulation capabillities... yeah and the PSP's (all of them) have just about the worst D-Pads ever made. I'll take the NGX's joystick over a mushy D-Pad and tilt control (LOL) any day.

I mostly agree with that.. The joystick is really what made me buy the unit. I do wish the screen would have been a little bigger and 4x3 though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You think we are getting the Zero to play Neo Geo games? The NGX can't even play and display Neo games correctly and it was made specifically for that, nice argument.

cryowaffle

n00b
I mostly agree with that.. The joystick is really what made me buy the unit. I do wish the screen would have been a little bigger and 4x3 though.

I returned my NGX for the sole reason that I couldn't play it at night without waking people up. The joystick was waaaay too clicky it bothered everyone.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
You think we are getting the Zero to play Neo Geo games? The NGX can't even play and display Neo games correctly and it was made specifically for that, nice argument.

My argument is that the GCW does not have a faster CPU... so stop with the outperform crap... also Joystick > D-Pad.

Last edited:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
I returned my NGX for the sole reason that I couldn't play it at night without waking people up. The joystick was waaaay too clicky it bothered everyone.

LOL What are you playing it in bed with others sleeping right next to you? It's not that loud.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Power here is really irrelevant. The Neo is really easy to emulate provided the system has enough ram, which both the Zero and the X do. The problem is software, the emulator in the X is either shitty, or the options aren't set correctly with no way to change them. The PSP isn't anywhere near as powerful as the X but it could do a near perfect Neo emulation. Hell, the DS could do a respectable job with smaller games, but would hit a ram limitation with larger ones.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My argument is that the GCW does not have a faster CPU... so stop with the outperform crap... also Joystick > D-Pad.

Hardware wise the only difference between the Zero and NGX is that the Zero has way more RAM. It is the software that is outperforming the NGX. Also the Zero has both a D-pad and thumb stick.

If the NGX had the proper software, it would be a great system. Just look at the change ack made and how the video output did a 180 from shit to great. That is the problem with the NGX, software. The fact that tommo just used FBA as the emulator just shows how much effort they put into the NGX. I wish SNK was behind the NGX instead. We would have had a great product and support for it.

nehs

n00b
Hi i have made my sd adapter but is not showing up when i put all the files on it for my neo x. can some tell me if i am setting the card up right please, Format sd card to fat 32 and called it card_game then in root put game1.fba game1.png and game_card_configure.conf file. then put it in you neo x but no icon pop up for the game only the games that are built in. Hope someone can help me. ps great site :)

cryowaffle

n00b
LOL What are you playing it in bed with others sleeping right next to you? It's not that loud.

I play in bed and people in the living room can hear constant ticking. I had someone do the same while I sat in the living room and I admit it is annoying as heck. I took it on a plane and I quit after a minute of playing because it was too embarrassing. People were consistently turning their heads back to see what was being used. It's like "crack crack crack crack... crack crack... crack crack crack crack.." Yes, I just typed that out.

Mr.Ash

n00b
Is there a step by step guide how to hack a 370 system (incl. links for the required tools/images)

Since there's not could please someone who already hacked a 370 post a step by step guide? (i know there are some users here who already did it)

How to add more games? Are ROMs which i use for MAME compatible?
Search this thread or other websites. (hint: Micro SD Adapter)

Searching this thread does not give me any clear info about this. Since this also has been performed by some users it would be great to have a guide postet on how it is done.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Is there a step by step guide how to hack a 370 system (incl. links for the required tools/images)

Since there's not could please someone who already hacked a 370 post a step by step guide? (i know there are some users here who already did it)

Searching this thread does not give me any clear info about this. Since this also has been performed by some users it would be great to have a guide postet on how it is done.

This thread has all the information you need. It's long, but just read it.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug

You are only about the 400th person to ask everybody who actually did the work to make it simple for your lazy ass...read the goddamn thread.

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Read back.
All information found on this page.

Last edited:

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Actually I believe that price for performance, a psp or pspgo is a really good portable emulator. The library of psp and psx games plus the ability to play a huge library of emulated games on nes,genesis,snes, gameboy etc is amazing. The n64 emulator isn't the best but you can at least play mario64 pretty well. It can emulate all neogeo games (at least the ones I've thrown at it) and a pspgo comes in a really portable package. Most people mistake mine for just another smart phone. And all this is done with an easily installable software mod so no need to fool with the hardware. I do believe people however when they say the ngpc "joypad" is superior to a d-pad. I don't have a ngpc so in my case its hard to miss something you've never had. Any games that I've played emulated or otherwise have played fine with the d-pad. I do understand the neogeo x and gcw do have faster processors than the psp but from what I gather the library of emulators and homebrew applications available for both platforms are in their infancy but i do hope development ramps up for both platforms as there is great potential for both. sry for rambling.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
So, I've been away from the forums for about the last month. Is there an easy hack/unibios whatever add-on for this thing yet? I haven't even played my X in 3 weeks.