Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Bashful Neophyte

And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by hatch; 12-31-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Calvin & Hobbes

Morning Lads...

...Let's keep this ON Topic please...

Any views you have on the NG X... you can post somewhere else.... I'd like to see the developments of the efforts in this field without reading all the spam...

We have already stated our views on the policies of the site... REPEATEDLY...

I've been nice about it so far... best not push the boundaries of my patience...

xROTx

Timid Neo Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hatch View Post
    And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction!

Far out! Pretty awesome discovery. Will this still work with the dock?

New Challenger

That is fantastic! Now if we could skin it with a Neo Geo style menu, it would be perfect. I could actually help in that area as I am a graphic designer by trade, I am just not good with the technical programy side of things.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    The neo x is a half assed piece of shit.
    I will probably be getting the NGX tomorrow in the mail. I can't wait to play all the games on my half ass piece of shit! I know I'm new here but I love the community and can't wait to see the end results that everybody has been working on for this half ass piece of shit.

Seriously, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Real freakin' arcade sticks!!!! Yeah I'm stoked.

Crazed MVS Addict

Nice find.

-ack

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

sorry, if i cannot post this picture, please remove it.

after change the bit0-bit3 by using hardware method, now, it can play KOF97.
    Last edited by Steward; 01-16-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: update information

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I knew exactly what it was I've had a few RX-7's, with a 84 SE in my driveway right now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Neo Geo thread...
    My RX-8 has no turbo. Still love it though

Native hardware or bust.

Timid Neo Newbie

Just got a reply about my email from (I assume) someone at Tommo. He thanked me for my feedback and asked if he could get back to me in the early new year as all their development team are currently on holidays. I said absolutely! It was a nice a speedy reply!

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    sorry, if i cannot post this picture, please remove it.

after change the bit0-bit3 by using hardware method, now, it can play KOF97.
    Check me if I got this right, I can't see he wires but going off what NTM said earlier. It's wired like this?. Everything else is straight through? Also, would one of you guys try dumping the internal SD contents to a card, hooking it up this way, leaving the internal SD slot empty, and then trying to boot the console? Maybe the console will boot from the external now that it'd be able to read it normally. If that were the case, we could use larger cards and just put games there.

Last edited by FA-MAS; 12-31-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Timid Neo Newbie

Very cool advancements ack, NTM, hatch and Steward!

@ack:
    how did you do the kernel change for card init spoof, didn't this need a recompile of the kernel ?

@NTM:
    did you find out why it only copied that one file ? could you fix it ?

@hatch:
    I've never heard of RZX-50 before, but it seems to be quite popular in russia. what does work and what does not, sound, video, dingux, etc ?

@Steward:
    cool to see a normal rom working working from external sd! did you just have to copy the rom packed with the a380 tool or were there some more steps ?

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

to FA-MAS: yes, the picture is right. good luck
    to rEdBuLl: i use Convert_Neogeo tool found from this forum.

current, i use 2G micro-sd(i only try the FAT format, maybe FAT32 can work) and put 3 games in this micro-sd.
    and the selection menu for the 3 games can be normal shown on neo-geo-x.

the detail steps as my web-blog link:
    http://home.educities.edu.tw/fushiyu...other_game.htm

okay, if my post is illegal, please remove my post and i can only say sorry.

updyke

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Whitefolks View Post
    we're an open community.
    Is this like an open marriage? I knew there was a reason I could never really quit this place...
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

updyke

Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    Their silence to me shows exactly what the neo x is currently. A quick buck to sucker us morons who love neo geo.

Fuck em
    I don't disagree on the silence. Part of it could be holidays? That's probably wishful thinking though, since the Twitter account has had some minor activity.

I wonder how many people even work on this thing officially?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Use extreme caution when dealing with.

Its obviously not made by genuine NEO-GEO fans is it.

Big Monkey Balls 20 Sex Machine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamesboro View Post
    I will probably be getting the NGX tomorrow in the mail. I can't wait to play all the games on my half ass piece of shit! I know I'm new here but I love the community and can't wait to see the end results that everybody has been working on for this half ass piece of shit.

Seriously, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Real freakin' arcade sticks!!!! Yeah I'm stoked.
    Just because you bought something doesn't make it any less a peice of shit.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Machine View Post
    Just because you bought something doesn't make it any less a peice of shit.
    indeed, but at least he can decide by himself if it's a POS, unlike 99.999% of people on the internet who claim something they read somewhere as a fact.

NEST Puppet

Rot just gave his warning, can't the shitposting stop already?

If getting past the SD involves solder-work, it seems like the Ritmix rzx50 firmware would be the most alluring part to test. Provided the tv-out works, I wonder if the USB can give full storage access?

Why would it bother people so much if they have a negative opinion on it. Did you help create the thing? If not who the fuck cares?

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Wow, lots of great progress since last night!

My only recommendation is that if you want to do the mod on the external SD card, just remove the internal jumpers and not do the teardown that Steward did on his page. Its much easier to do and it doesnt require you to remove the existing SD slot.

Why would it bother people so much if they have a negative opinion on it. Did you help create the thing? If not who the fuck cares?
    Because you're wasting the fucking breathing room for all of us who actually own these things and are trying to figure out how to do something cool with them. If you want to take a shit on the NGX, do it somewhere else! Nobody here cares what you think, so waste board space somewhere else. There is a thread in News/Rumors about the NGX if you want to bitch.
    Last edited by SlickDizzy; 12-31-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: clarity
    In the beginning, god created the universe.
    This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally regarded as a bad move.

Vatanen & Richards: The Winner 1981 WRC

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction![/URL]
    Looking at the specs, it has a JZ4755 and not the newer 4770. Does this mean the firmware doesn't utilize everything the 4770 has?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickDizzy View Post
    Because you're wasting the fucking breathing room for all of us who actually own these things and are trying to figure out how to do something cool with them. If you want to take a shit on the NGX, do it somewhere else! Nobody here cares what you think, so waste board space somewhere else. There is a thread in News/Rumors about the NGX if you want to bitch.
    No need to get so hostile about the Neo Emulator X.

Calvin & Hobbes

No need to get so hostile about the Neo Emulator X.
    OK OK.... enough is enough....

I've been reasonable lads... NEXT fuck who spams this thread with useless comments will get a 2 day paid vacation...

xROTx

PS. This includes ALL my friends and defo includes you Sex machine.... I may love you... but I have warned everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    OK OK.... enough is enough....

I've been reasonable lads... NEXT fuck who spams this thread with useless comments will get a 2 day paid vacaition...

xROTx

PS. This includes ALL my friends and defo includes you Sex machine.... I may love you... but I have warned everyone...
    hey rot; would you mind changing your banner link from this thread to the one in news & rumors?

it might help a little.

Thread Information