NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
wow talk of shuting down hacking this.

there hasnt been any more roms posted why the threats every 4 posts?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Warnings:
  • Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Mr. Whitefolks.
  • Caution: Mr. Whitefolks may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
  • Mr. Whitefolks contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.
  • Do not use Mr. Whitefolks on concrete.
  • Discontinue use of Mr. Whitefolks if any of the following occurs:
    • itching
    • vertigo
    • dizziness
    • tingling in extremities
    • loss of balance or coordination
    • slurred speech
    • temporary blindness
    • profuse sweating
    • heart palpitations
  • If Mr. Whitefolks begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
  • Mr. Whitefolks may stick to certain types of skin.
  • When not in use, Mr. Whitefolks should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Mr. Whitefolks, Neo-Geo.com, and its parent company, the Neo Store, of any and all liability.
  • Ingredients of Mr. Whitefolks include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.
  • Mr. Whitefolks has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is also being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.
  • Do not taunt Mr. Whitefolks.
  • Mr. Whitefolks comes with a lifetime guarantee.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i really dont understand rot and mr.whitefolks over steping on this.

look we are not posting roms from snk and that all that matters building sd adapters, posting self made code and instructions should be allowed

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
wow talk of shuting down hacking this.

there hasnt been any more roms posted why the threats every 4 posts?

If people followed the rules and stopped bitching about the moderators trying to keep the site out of trouble, it wouldn't be necessary. How has any of this "shut down hacking" of the device? The biggest leaps so far have happened since the first time we had to step in.

Tacitus

Staff member

look we are not posting roms from snk and that all that matters building sd adapters, posting self made code and instructions should be allowed

You're right, that's why it was clearly posted as:

As long as it's no intellectual property, ROMs or violating copyright, no one has a problem and we're an open community.

If you stopped ragging about this and read the details, you'd see it's clear where we stand on this. If this isn't abundantly clear:

DON'T POST COPYRIGHTED OR INFRINGING MATERIALS HERE. HOMEBREW IS WELCOMED.
'
BAD: ROMS, Proprietary Code, SNK Intellectual Property, Pirate Links, images of SD cards with SNKP games on them.

GOOD: Hacking info, self-produced code, modding information, hardware hacks, linux builds, open source apps.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Congratulations modders on cracking this bitch (mostly) open.

I totally expect Tommo to have ZERO motivation to update anything on it and probably drop support for it in general due to your efforts

Enjoy your 20-in-1 Neo Geo handheld, cause that's probably about all the "licensed" games you are getting for it.

The Dreamcast says Hi!

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

Because no one actually reads the terms-of-service for websites or forums and thus far; all 21 pages and 500+ posts of this thread.

The new guys think that they're being helpful, re-posting the same links over and over again, but they're being obnoxious, without meaning to. (It's like walking into a traditional Asian household without taking off your shoes)

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
Congratulations modders on cracking this bitch (mostly) open.

I totally expect Tommo to have ZERO motivation to update anything on it and probably drop support for it in general due to your efforts

Enjoy your 20-in-1 Neo Geo handheld, cause that's probably about all the "licensed" games you are getting for it.

The Dreamcast says Hi!

On a personal level, I agree.

Regardless of your feelings on modding, the members of this site NEED to purchase one of these to support SNKP. It helps the company stay relevant and afloat. Want more KOF games? Purchasing one of these is a big help. It also keeps this site alive as it drives more traffic and new members here.

Buy one of these from Shawn/Neostore. It's the least you can do to keep the site here and the community vibrant.

/sermon over

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
You're right, that's why it was clearly posted as:

If you stopped ragging about this and read the details, you'd see it's clear where we stand on this. If this isn't abundantly clear:

DON'T POST COPYRIGHTED OR INFRINGING MATERIALS HERE. HOMEBREW IS WELCOMED.
'
BAD: ROMS, Proprietary Code, SNK Intellectual Property, Pirate Links, images of SD cards with SNKP games on them.

GOOD: Hacking info, self-produced code, modding information, hardware hacks, linux builds, open source apps.

since its already done. there is no sense in reposting what we are already doing except to thread crap.

lets not thread crap any further with threats ever few posts

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Regardless of your feelings on modding, the members of this site NEED to purchase one of these to support SNKP. It helps the company stay relevant and afloat. Want more KOF games? Purchasing one of these is a big help. It also keeps this site alive as it drives more traffic and new members here.

How about they fix the fucking problems first. This thing never should have shipped the way it is with all the audio and video issues. Relying on the community to do your work and fix your mistakes is unacceptable.

Buy one of these from Shawn/Neostore. It's the least you can do to keep the site here and the community vibrant.

I would have no problem buying one if:

1. The price for just the handheld was more reasonable.
2. Problems were fixed.
3. Better idea of future support and game pricing.

Have they even announced what future games (if there are going to be any) pricing is going to be?

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
On a personal level, I agree.

/sermon over

Could you please activate my account? I've had to registers over 10 times now and have been trying for almost a month..

Tacitus

Staff member
since its already done. there is no sense in reposting what we are already doing except to thread crap.

lets not thread crap any further with threats ever few posts

I will, mostly because it worked every other time we had to post that.

:rolleyes:

BloodShed

New Challenger
The truth is, the negative publicity from people like you is far more damaging. So, I should thank you, in the most sarcastic way possible, for every effort made toward discouraging potential buyers.

You're right to compare the Dreamcast. Though, it didn't fail because it was hacked. It failed because Sega couldn't sell enough units.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I figured it was something trivial. you beat me to the punch.

Damn you, you've made a powerful enemy today.

You need to reply to my PM about other HACKING MATTERS!!!

Not necessarily, redumping the image and writing back should work.

I would try G4L first, before DD. There's a free copy on hiren's boot cd if you're having a problem finding it or setting up a machine for it. I used to to use it to clone/hack XBOX HD's for modding.

Good idea. I'll give that a shot tonight/tomorrow.

SSS

neo retired
I will also restate this for all of the new members finding their way into this thread:

SNKP does find their way to this site. The NeoStore sells SNKP products. Additionally, the NeoStore sells NGX devices, which in turn, funds this site.

Any pirating, linking or intellectual property violations will be dealt with harshly. There are no more warnings about this, Rot and I have been repeating ourselves in this thread and getting no where.

As long as it's no intellectual property, ROMs or violating copyright, no one has a problem and we're an open community.

This policy has kept this site running and out of trouble for years. If you don't like it, LEAVE. We have relaxed modding rules around here and this community polices itself pretty well. If you're new here, you have no idea about this. I don't care if you don't like it nor will anyone else.

That is all.

And this is.. what exactly?

http://www.neostore.com/Multigame-161-in-1-English-AES-p/21.htm

Also, Hi SNKP. How about you send Tommo a proper Neo emulator.

Last edited:

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
in thread craping yeah it worked

Here, have a tasty cupcake:

cupcake.jpg

SSS

neo retired
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't realize the Neo store was already selling bootlegs...

Well. To be fair everyone is selling the multicarts. Quarterarcade, jamma boards etc.. also snk isn't in the mvs game anymore so it isn't cutting into any profit.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
More than anything I'm tired of hearng the anti-NGX trolling...yeah, it isn't the greatest system ever. For me, though, after having not played a single NG game since '06 or so, my girlfriend got me the NGX for Christmas, TOTALLY unexpectedly...so far I have been happy enough with it, deapite the obvious flaws. That said, scaring people away from buying the systems isn't helping anything either. After getting mine, I went ahead and plunked down $50 on another stick, too. The unit has some flaws, but I love SNK and after getting the thing as a gift...well, shit, I'm glad this thread exists!

Tacitus

Staff member
Well put.

We, as original hardware owners and jaded members of this site, have extremely high expectations.

This is a fan service device and Tommo has actually been responsive and sensitive to the userbase from the communications I've seen.

If there's tearing, oh well.. you got a cool kitschy device w/ sticks also. It's not perfect, but it's functional and enjoyable. It's MILES better than the PSP/XBOX/PS2 releases. It's also supporting SNK.

I'm not a fan of beta testing on the userbase, but I don't think it's nearly as flawed or unplayable as stated. When it's opened up for emulators and homebrew, this thing will be a BEAST.

It's an updated GP2x to me, which is a GOOD thing.