NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

hatch

n00b
And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Morning Lads...

...Let's keep this ON Topic please...

Any views you have on the NG X... you can post somewhere else.... I'd like to see the developments of the efforts in this field without reading all the spam...

We have already stated our views on the policies of the site... REPEATEDLY...

I've been nice about it so far... best not push the boundaries of my patience...

xROTx

And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction!

Far out! Pretty awesome discovery. Will this still work with the dock?

That is fantastic! Now if we could skin it with a Neo Geo style menu, it would be perfect. I could actually help in that area as I am a graphic designer by trade, I am just not good with the technical programy side of things.

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The neo x is a half assed piece of shit.

I will probably be getting the NGX tomorrow in the mail. I can't wait to play all the games on my half ass piece of shit! I know I'm new here but I love the community and can't wait to see the end results that everybody has been working on for this half ass piece of shit.

Seriously, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Real freakin' arcade sticks!!!! Yeah I'm stoked.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member

Nice find.

-ack

Steward

n00b
sorry, if i cannot post this picture, please remove it.
neo_geo_x_hack_play_other_game_4.jpg

neo_geo_x_hack_play_other_game_8.jpg

after change the bit0-bit3 by using hardware method, now, it can play KOF97. :)

Last edited:

SubElement

n00b
Just got a reply about my email from (I assume) someone at Tommo. He thanked me for my feedback and asked if he could get back to me in the early new year as all their development team are currently on holidays. I said absolutely! It was a nice a speedy reply!

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
sorry, if i cannot post this picture, please remove it.
temp1.jpg

after change the bit0-bit3 by using hardware method, now, it can play KOF97. :)

Check me if I got this right, I can't see he wires but going off what NTM said earlier. It's wired like this?. Everything else is straight through? Also, would one of you guys try dumping the internal SD contents to a card, hooking it up this way, leaving the internal SD slot empty, and then trying to boot the console? Maybe the console will boot from the external now that it'd be able to read it normally. If that were the case, we could use larger cards and just put games there.

ngx_adapter_zps4d838e82.jpg

Last edited:

rEdBuLl

n00b
Very cool advancements ack, NTM, hatch and Steward!

@ack:
how did you do the kernel change for card init spoof, didn't this need a recompile of the kernel ?

@NTM:
did you find out why it only copied that one file ? could you fix it ?

@hatch:
I've never heard of RZX-50 before, but it seems to be quite popular in russia. what does work and what does not, sound, video, dingux, etc ?

@Steward:
cool to see a normal rom working working from external sd! did you just have to copy the rom packed with the a380 tool or were there some more steps ?

Steward

n00b
to FA-MAS: yes, the picture is right. good luck :)
to rEdBuLl: i use Convert_Neogeo tool found from this forum. :)

current, i use 2G micro-sd(i only try the FAT format, maybe FAT32 can work) and put 3 games in this micro-sd.
and the selection menu for the 3 games can be normal shown on neo-geo-x.

the detail steps as my web-blog link:
http://home.educities.edu.tw/fushiyun2000/neo_geo_x_hack_play_other_game.htm

okay, if my post is illegal, please remove my post and i can only say sorry. :(

slerch666

updyke,
Their silence to me shows exactly what the neo x is currently. A quick buck to sucker us morons who love neo geo.

Fuck em

I don't disagree on the silence. Part of it could be holidays? That's probably wishful thinking though, since the Twitter account has had some minor activity.

I wonder how many people even work on this thing officially?

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
I will probably be getting the NGX tomorrow in the mail. I can't wait to play all the games on my half ass piece of shit! I know I'm new here but I love the community and can't wait to see the end results that everybody has been working on for this half ass piece of shit.

Seriously, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Real freakin' arcade sticks!!!! Yeah I'm stoked.

Just because you bought something doesn't make it any less a peice of shit.

rEdBuLl

n00b
Just because you bought something doesn't make it any less a peice of shit.

indeed, but at least he can decide by himself if it's a POS, unlike 99.999% of people on the internet who claim something they read somewhere as a fact.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Rot just gave his warning, can't the shitposting stop already?

If getting past the SD involves solder-work, it seems like the Ritmix rzx50 firmware would be the most alluring part to test. Provided the tv-out works, I wonder if the USB can give full storage access?

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Why would it bother people so much if they have a negative opinion on it. Did you help create the thing? If not who the fuck cares?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Wow, lots of great progress since last night!

My only recommendation is that if you want to do the mod on the external SD card, just remove the internal jumpers and not do the teardown that Steward did on his page. Its much easier to do and it doesnt require you to remove the existing SD slot.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Why would it bother people so much if they have a negative opinion on it. Did you help create the thing? If not who the fuck cares?

Because you're wasting the fucking breathing room for all of us who actually own these things and are trying to figure out how to do something cool with them. If you want to take a shit on the NGX, do it somewhere else! Nobody here cares what you think, so waste board space somewhere else. There is a thread in News/Rumors about the NGX if you want to bitch.

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
And another success. I now have Dingux and Dmenu booting with correct screen settings and everything working. It seems the NGX's hardware is identical to that of the Ritmix rzx50, a chinese/russian Dingoo clone. Using its firmware and the drivers from it fixed my issues from yesterday. Thanks to coccijoe from Underground Portables for pointing me in this direction![/URL]

Looking at the specs, it has a JZ4755 and not the newer 4770. Does this mean the firmware doesn't utilize everything the 4770 has?

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Because you're wasting the fucking breathing room for all of us who actually own these things and are trying to figure out how to do something cool with them. If you want to take a shit on the NGX, do it somewhere else! Nobody here cares what you think, so waste board space somewhere else. There is a thread in News/Rumors about the NGX if you want to bitch.

No need to get so hostile about the Neo Emulator X.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No need to get so hostile about the Neo Emulator X.

OK OK.... enough is enough....

I've been reasonable lads... NEXT fuck who spams this thread with useless comments will get a 2 day paid vacation...

xROTx

PS. This includes ALL my friends and defo includes you Sex machine.... I may love you... but I have warned everyone...

Last edited:

Ukyo

20 Year Member
OK OK.... enough is enough....

I've been reasonable lads... NEXT fuck who spams this thread with useless comments will get a 2 day paid vacaition...

xROTx

PS. This includes ALL my friends and defo includes you Sex machine.... I may love you... but I have warned everyone...

hey rot; would you mind changing your banner link from this thread to the one in news & rumors?

it might help a little.