Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,568 of 1568

Thread: NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You'll need a hacked SD card, it's what holds the roms and stuff.
    Ok , thanks. I wamt to buy this. Jailbroken with sd card. Fw 4.5. I don't want to use on my tv.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Handheld...gAAOSwGYVXAzUz

Is there a catch?

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

The catch is that is still a Neo Geo X!

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I guess the issue is, if you don't mind it being a Neo-Geo x, and if you can use hacked cleaned up firmware, and if you can find and can throw any rom you want at it for a dedicated little handheld that says Neo Geo on it, it's not the worst thing you could do. But that is a lot of IFs.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I guess the issue is, if you don't mind it being a Neo-Geo x, and if you can use hacked cleaned up firmware, and if you can find and can throw any rom you want at it for a dedicated little handheld that says Neo Geo on it, it's not the worst thing you could do. But that is a lot of IFs.
    Thanks. I just want to know if I buy this exact version will I be able to add other emulators myself and change firmware?
    Or do I still need to buy an extra cable? As far as I can see there is a modded 16gb card included.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    The catch is that is still a Neo Geo X!

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I'd think so. If I remember right the so-called protection Tommo did was to re-write the pinouts so a normal reader couldn't do that. This setup seems to come with an adapter that re-tweaks things around so you can toss it into a PC and throw whatever you want at it that sticks, then put the little card back into the NGX and it works. I imagine you'd need some working knowledge how to throw more emulators and ROMs at it other than just Neo Geo stuff though.

I think the NGX itself used normal SD sized cards, so the little micro would be normal, so you'd need a micro to sd adapter and go from there. Then once you put what you want on the little card, stuff it into that chinese custom hacked sd adapter and the NGX will pick it up.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Davidgilmour View Post
    Thanks. I just want to know if I buy this exact version will I be able to add other emulators myself and change firmware?
    Or do I still need to buy an extra cable? As far as I can see there is a modded 16gb card included.

forget the ngx handheld. you want a JXD S7800B because its a lot better.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    forget the ngx handheld. you want a JXD S7800B because its a lot better.
    I don't like the 7 inch size, too big. I have a S5100 but that one is quite old, very old Android 2.3

I'd think so. If I remember right the so-called protection Tommo did was to re-write the pinouts so a normal reader couldn't do that. This setup seems to come with an adapter that re-tweaks things around so you can toss it into a PC and throw whatever you want at it that sticks, then put the little card back into the NGX and it works. I imagine you'd need some working knowledge how to throw more emulators and ROMs at it other than just Neo Geo stuff though.

I think the NGX itself used normal SD sized cards, so the little micro would be normal, so you'd need a micro to sd adapter and go from there. Then once you put what you want on the little card, stuff it into that chinese custom hacked sd adapter and the NGX will pick it up.
    Thanks, I ordered one. Let's see how it works out. I already own a GCW Zero which has a 4:3 screen and some great NG emus but the stick is very mushy. I am buying the ngx for a few reasons. 1. The clicky stick. 2. The really beautiful interface. i just like the screens of the games. That is also beautiful for the other emus. Too bad there isn't a PC Engine emu yet, one of the best systems ever made.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I don't like the 7 inch size, too big.

Alabama black snake too boku

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Well good luck and you're right on those points at least. I'm kind of wondering, when hacked isn't that sucker kind of a linux based thing with a stolen emulator (FB Alpha) on there? I'm surprised there wouldn't be a PCE one, because hell even the GBA has PCE Advance which runs all HuCards and ISOs of game CDs too and accurately.

Bashful Neophyte

Well good luck and you're right on those points at least. I'm kind of wondering, when hacked isn't that sucker kind of a linux based thing with a stolen emulator (FB Alpha) on there? I'm surprised there wouldn't be a PCE one, because hell even the GBA has PCE Advance which runs all HuCards and ISOs of game CDs too and accurately.
    So I read this whole topic and I have some questions.
    I own the NGX with 4.50 firmware

Who wrote the this firmware?
    Why can't I save games?
    Is save game possible with FW 5.00?
    there are about 9 emulators on my neogeo, can I delete some of them, so they don't show up?
    why can't we change buttons in the emulators?
    why isn't there a PCE emulator?

New Challenger

So I read this whole topic and I have some questions.
    I own the NGX with 4.50 firmware

Who wrote the this firmware?
    Why can't I save games?
    Is save game possible with FW 5.00?
    there are about 9 emulators on my neogeo, can I delete some of them, so they don't show up?
    why can't we change buttons in the emulators?
    why isn't there a PCE emulator?
    I can save. I have the latest firmware.
    If you want to remove roms and emulators just connect the NGX to a pc via USB. It will load up as an android device I believe.

You can see all the emulators and roms.

I even added all my own box art for all the Genesis, SNES, NES, GBA, PSone, and Atari games so they scroll with the real retail box art.

Rugal's Secretary

People are still screwing around with this thing? Jesus.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    People are still screwing around with this thing? Jesus.
    Well yeah, of course Don't people make that same statement about all retro videogame systems in general?

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Rugal's Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Well yeah, of course Don't people make that same statement about all retro videogame systems in general?
    No. This is something very different. I mean that in the absolute worst way possible.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    No. This is something very different. I mean that in the absolute worst way possible.
    Fair enough The neo geo 64 board is dead too. I pop in there from time to time to tend to the tumble weeds. If any neo system needs some new discussion love it's that one.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Bought the Megapack 1 recently and i have to admit its nicely made. The Shell is like an original hardcase for AES (but there is Neo-Geo X written near the snaplock), there is a booklet inside with the games, frontcovers and stickers.

Now i only need to look into some SD Slot to mod a SD reader to read the gamecard because i dont have a NGX.
    SNK the future is now

Mickey's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster View Post
    Bought the Megapack 1 recently and i have to admit its nicely made. The Shell is like an original hardcase for AES (but there is Neo-Geo X written near the snaplock), there is a booklet inside with the games, frontcovers and stickers.

Now i only need to look into some SD Slot to mod a SD reader to read the gamecard because i dont have a NGX.
    It's just roms. You can get those anywhere. What a roundabout way to get a pack of roms.

Yeah im aware of it, but with a reader i can use them legally in serveral emulators, even thought i got most games still on AES.
    SNK the future is now

Thread Information