Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo-Geo X, console of the year?

Lazy SNK Employee

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I didn't have the heart to post this, nor comment on the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Sazae View Post
    Thanks for ruining everything doll fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Cartridge-based formats are a form a subliminal indoctrination into the male psychosexual construct. The phallic insertion of the black cartridge perpetuates the urge of and fetishization of penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiEddie View Post
    He deflected all that guff like a skateboarder deflects a college education.

Krauser's Henchman

Well basically, the writer is saying his console of the year is nostalgia.

Maxima's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    Well basically, the writer is saying his console of the year is nostalgia.
    This, but mixed with closure... the guy always wanted to know why SNK fighters are awesome - but instead of having the brains to pick up a (C)MVS or even a home console he jumped on the NGX... idiot. Also calling MOTW a "more obscure game"? What kind of "games journalist" is he?

Must've been a shit year.

ps: lol ign
    Last edited by Dr Shroom; 12-27-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Austin 3:16

Dodgeball Yakuza

The last think the X needs is some free advertising.

IGN had hands on time with the AI CMVS in early 2012. Which they seem to have forgotten about now.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Must've been a shit year.

Can't spell ignorant, without IGN.
    RGB 4 THE PEOPLE!

Slashchat nick = Yodd

The best 8 and 16 bit system, ever:

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Also calling MOTW a "more obscure game"? What kind of "games journalist" is he?
    He's John Q. Normalgamer. Let's not pretend like anyone outside of these types of forum or dedicated fighting game players have any idea what it is.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

What kind of "games journalist" is he?
    He's not.

Maxima's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by ebinsugewa View Post
    He's John Q. Normalgamer. Let's not pretend like anyone outside of these types of forum or dedicated fighting game players have any idea what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Corrigan
    The chief reason that I’m so enamoured with the Neo-Geo X is that I have something of an affinity for fighting games. [...] I love the art, culture and the mechanics and systems behind them. More than anything, though, I love the learning process. [...] I lived and breathed fighting games more than any other genre as a kid; [...] Bizarrely, though, anything by SNK had managed to pass me by completely.
    Seriously, that guy is full of shit. I'm not saying that the "average gamer" must have heard of SNK and specifically MOTW, but if you were into now classic fighting games as a kid (he mentions a SF II cab) and grew up to an aficionado of the genre, how is there a way around them?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    QFT.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

i laughed pretty damn hard when i saw the article... can't bring myself to read it to be honest

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by KRiSX View Post
    i laughed pretty damn hard when i saw the article... can't bring myself to read it to be honest
    The tl;dr of it is "hey, I never played SNK games before and they're pretty fun. ZOMG console of the year!!!one!1!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Sazae View Post
    Thanks for ruining everything doll fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Cartridge-based formats are a form a subliminal indoctrination into the male psychosexual construct. The phallic insertion of the black cartridge perpetuates the urge of and fetishization of penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiEddie View Post
    He deflected all that guff like a skateboarder deflects a college education.

Seriously, that guy is full of shit. I'm not saying that the "average gamer" must have heard of SNK and specifically MOTW, but if you were into now classic fighting games as a kid (he mentions a SF II cab) and grew up to an aficionado of the genre, how is there a way around them?
    I straight guarantee this guy 'lived and breathed' learning how to shoryu on the SNES once when he was 12.

Baseball Star Hitter

i saw this and was incredibly tempted to post it here, but I just couldnt bring myself to do so. the level of ignorance this writer (who is freelance btw) displays of the very genre he is fascinated with is unbelievable
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350
    Wii U user name: ecuanano207

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by skate323k137 View Post
    The tl;dr of it is "hey, I never played SNK games before and they're pretty fun. ZOMG console of the year!!!one!1!!"
    Right? haha. Neo effect on noobs.

LOL
    Skimmed over the article...

"Neo-Geo X has given me something that neither of these consoles ever could: closure."

Florida Preacher Man

Since this sub-forum is just a joke I don't mind at all that old ass topics get bumped. The article wasn't even worth reading because of how ridiculous it was but I loved the comments. From basically the first comment posted this forum gets mentioned and how "negative" we are. Gotta love the free advertising that sega-16 and neogaf guys provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    if i could reach through the monitor and Cold-Cock you, i would.

I once ate an owl.

Where is Tommo? Is it finally dead?
    My happy meal box is empty...

play-asia

Dodgeball Yakuza

NG.com hates the NGX because it threatens the value of our AES and MVS systems?

Did they pluck that conclusion out of the sky?
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by xb74 View Post
    NG.com hates the NGX because it threatens the value of our AES and MVS systems?

Did they pluck that conclusion out of the sky?
    I really don't think it's going to threaten the aes or mvs value because there's only a handful of aes games on the NGX.

Milky's Massage
    Therapist

There are ZERO AES games on the NGX, which is all about emulations.

Dodgeball Yakuza

Quote Originally Posted by mehguy View Post
    I really don't think it's going to threaten the aes or mvs value because there's only a handful of aes games on the NGX.
    It was more a case of the IGN posters actually believing that we are shallow and fickle to think the NGX would really drive the prices of the legit hardware/software down. They have glazed over the fact that we hate the NGX because it's actually a pile of garbage and over priced for what it does (does it do anything?).

Milky's Massage
    Therapist

If anything, NGX actually drove the prices of mvs market up by spreading awareness to a number of titles. Magician Lord, for example, doesn't appear in any multicart. In the price guide it was listed to be $10 -30 in value. Good luck finding one at that price these days...

Maxima's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    If anything, NGX actually drove the prices of mvs market up by spreading awareness to a number of titles.
    My theory exactly. I think it got a lot of people to think of getting into neo geo again and made others research what it is. Don't know if that's a good thing or not... prices have been going up which sucks and I might never ever get Garou for the MVS.

Rugal's Thug

Yeah I was here because of the Neo Geo X, but thanks to Luke's videos, I skipped it, but I was jealous because at the time I was broke and really wanted a Neo Geo. This was of course, before I learned the cost of an AES copy of Metal Slug, or the cost of getting into MVS when the Analogue Interactive was making headlines.

A year later and here I am, with an AES and an MVS. For years I was just emulating but boy does it feel good to have the real thing! Still though, I've got a ways to go, and a ton of games to collect for!

Thread Information