Thread: PSN dropping PSP support this month

Camel Slug

PSN dropping PSP support this month

http://www.psu.com/news/24604/Sony-t...s+-+PSU.com%29

If your PSP isn't already modded and you still rely on digital downloads for say your PSP go, you're about to be SOL, it seems. Get em while you can!
    I play Last Blade on NeoGeo CD just to feel.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Noooo!!!!!!!!!

This shouldn't affect transferring digital files from a PS3, I hope. I have a Vita, but there are many games I still prefer on the ol' 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    There is a way to circumvent the inconvenience, mind, as gamers can just log into the SEN web store and download the desired games onto their systems. Additionally, gamers can download games to their PS3s and connect their PSPs via a USB cable
    Oh, okay. All is well. I usually used the PS3 anyway since downloading large files from the PSP itself had issues.

and this is why i like physical media.

you cant blame them for no longer supporting something that has now been discontinued for the better part of a year and does not make them money. thats business. but at least with my 3000 i can still buy umd titles.

Meh, there's something to be said for having everything you want to play on a 64 GB memory card without ever having to swap anything out. The way I look at it, by the time a network gets taken offline I can resort to other means to put those games I purchased back on the device if I need to. This is certainly true with the PSP.

Off topic, but I was just playing Doom on my 3000 last night. I love that thing.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

This blows, gonna have to pick some stuff up before it's gone.

Support this dude!

Mai's Apprentice

I've got a white Vader PSP and I've been avoiding modding it and Keep it official but I guess there is no longer any reason to do so. I wonder if you still will be able to connect your PSP to your PS3 to download games already in your library or if it will be affected?
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Kim Jong-Un's hair stylist Dr Shroom's Avatar

Just get CFW, download the isos and stop crying.

Austin 3:16

The cfw issue is moot. You can have cfw and still buy stuff from the store. The cfw is also not permanent in any way. Go do it, you'll be happy you did.

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    Fucking this. I don't mind digital only when it's the only choice you have but physical media means I never have to worry about losing access to games I want.
    . . . . . .

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Man this sucks. I knew this day was coming but not this soon.

I mean I've been using CFW for several years now but I still buy and download games on PSN (Just bought a bunch of Atlus games) when they go on sale. There's still a few more I wanted to get. Hopefully they put everything they can on sale for cheap before they take them off.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I know emulation isn't particularly smiled upon here, but if you haven't been following/using PPSSPP, you are doing yourself and your PSP library a disservice. It's nothing short of amazing that a "modern" console has been emulated so well. http://www.ppsspp.org/

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis! Phyeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post

you cant blame them for no longer supporting something that has now been discontinued for the better part of a year and does not make them money. thats business. but at least with my 3000 i can still buy umd titles.
    This, all day everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    There is no US security issue more important than making you piss your pants while living in fear.

Buy From the Neostore
    Buy From the Neostore

Good thing I have a PSP2000.

I wonder how long would that PS3 online connectivity be supported now that PS4 is out. Chances are one day that, too, would be discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean_Bandit View Post
    I know emulation isn't particularly smiled upon here, but if you haven't been following/using PPSSPP, you are doing yourself and your PSP library a disservice. It's nothing short of amazing that a "modern" console has been emulated so well. http://www.ppsspp.org/
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to give it a go for shits and giggles. Thanks for the heads up!

CA doesn't have basements Beefy Hits's Avatar

I'm kind of torn. I like the convenience of playing games right on the system, but it's easy to sell games that are physical media.

Oh well.
    Gotta stay high all the time
    to keep you off my mind *woo hoo woo hoo*
    Spent my days stuck in a haze

OxiuqVer

They aren't removing PSP games from the store..they are just removing the store from your PSP.

You can still download to your Vita, PS3 or PS TV when it comes out I'd venture.

Not the end of the world.
    Last edited by RevQuixo; 09-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Mature's Make-Up Artist

^ Thats what I was wondering about. Thanks

Hope they keep adding PSP games to the store then

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Fucking this. I don't mind digital only when it's the only choice you have but physical media means I never have to worry about losing access to games I want.
    Why I ripped all my UMDs and digital downloads and tossed the ISOs on DL BDs. I have a 3000 and a Go anyway.

Stop being lazy and back up both.

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    Why I ripped all my UMDs and digital downloads and tossed the ISOs on DL BDs. I have a 3000 and a Go anyway.

Stop being lazy and back up both.
    Who's being lazy? I don't give enough of a shit about most of the PSP Library and I already have all the UMD titles I ever wanted on the system. Doesn't change the fact I still prefer solid state media over digital. I also said I don't mind digital when it's the only choice to get something I'd like to play but I prefer solid state media for things like this.
    . . . . . .

The problem is the PSP was such a good piece of hardware. Still seems more impressive than the Vita. I like the interface a ton more than those stupid M&M/Smartie Icons on the Vita.

It's probably to push people to Vita and their set top TV box.
    " Of all the frictionless resistances, ignorance most retards human movement." Tesla

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    WiiU:SnethSS

Windjammers Wonder

If anyone wants physical games or isn't into cfw, estarland is having a sale on all PSP used games. 20% off some good titles
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350
    Wii U user name: ecuanano207

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Who's being lazy? I don't give enough of a shit about most of the PSP Library and I already have all the UMD titles I ever wanted on the system. Doesn't change the fact I still prefer solid state media over digital. I also said I don't mind digital when it's the only choice to get something I'd like to play but I prefer solid state media for things like this.
    Solid State media in a UMD Drive that is mechanical. I'm not disagreeing with your point on Physical media. UMD Drives fail, its common on PSPs. Even with a failed drive you can still play off mem cards. Why I recommend backing up your UMD Games. At least PSPs have that option.

Art of Typing Wiz

Well it's way past the 15th but I logged into the PSN shop on my PSP today. Still able to download games.
    . . . . . .

Thread Information