Neo Geo X Controller: USB to PC?

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Since it is USB, can it be (with drivers) connected to a PC?

That would be awesome!:multi_co:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
A friend of mine bought it and said that they are plug & play on a PC. Not 100% sure his word can be taken as gospel though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It worked with my Windows 7 laptop, no drivers needed. The only catch is that it recognizes the stick as a POV switch instead of a X and Y axis, so that could be an issue with some games.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I've been using one of my Neo Geo X sticks with MAME emulation on my PC, and haven't had any issues yet.

I'm really on the fence on buying a neo geo x controller for mame. No one can clarify if there is any lag on drivers needed.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I tried on my laptop with no luck, it recognized the stick as a neo geo x but it was not responsive, only tried it on one thing though.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
My neo stick is plug n play on my XP laptop. Works great.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Works out of the box with Windows 8 as well. No issues, and I've used it successfully in MAME.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I've noticed that it doesn't work with older versions of MAME32 (like 118) due to some DirectInput DLL error, but works fine on the more recent versions. Also works great on FinalBurnAlpha. I also used it a bit on the PC shmup Jamestown.

All this was done on a few Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate rigs.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What's MAME?

I've already got the originals.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Woo, loaded statement there :D

well-captain-obvious-strikes-again-thumb.jpg

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I tested my stick out on the pc playing some arcade games worked great.

Going to see if my son can use it to play castle crashers on pc tomorrow.

An emulator.

There's gotta be one person here with a mac and a Neo Geo X, right??

I have a mac and the neo geo x what testing would you like me to do on this? I have used the arcade stick on my mac but using vmware fusion 5 to emulate windows

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've had success using it for MAME on a win7 ultimate x64 box. I cant get any of the Taito X2 games to recognize it though(except demon bride). The button map utility works fine, but in game I get nothing. I'd love to hear if anyone has a fix for this. Pretty much so the only reason I bought the stick was to use it with the X2 games.

Don

Camel Slug
Since it is USB, can it be (with drivers) connected to a PC?

I got a neo x stick cheap and had some issues using it with NEO RAGE but was able to use a joystick to keyboard mapper to get around the problem. The stick also works pretty good on the ps3, the buttons map kind of funny but I got it working pretty good on the psn version of metal slug x.

I was also surprised that my ps1 usb adapter worked with the ps3.

Overall though, the neo x stick feels incredibly cheap and bootleg in comparison to the real thing. I would recommend using a different usb joystick.