New World Record: Nam-1975

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Wasn't the difference just the number of continues?

Ive never seen any that had a different number of credits...

Just had a look on a few rom sites, and none have a set 2 for that game, so if it does exsist, its not dumped.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

The 10 continues part is not strictly correct, its 6 credits per stick, so its partly there. Id be interested to know what other differences are in there. Ive owned a total of 5 AES NAM carts and one MVS, have also played 4 other AES carts stretching back to 1991, all had the same 6 credits per stick.

Burning Fight has a set with 4 credits each stick and another with 10 each stick, ive owned both of those.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Thats Wahwah from Backintoys saying this in their first show about the game. The guy can 1cc it and owned several carts, one of them always having the 4 bonus stages. You could ask him more info maybe.

NEO-GEO man

If some one can track one down itll be worth getting a dump of the P ROMs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Amazing run on an excellent game!!! Congrats!

I play this game a lot, it's always at the ready and I think it's cemented by now in my two slot. No other game of its kind comes even close but there's a game out there, can't remember the name, it's not emulated yet and it has the same principal as Nam but on a tated screen?...maybe?

neoforever51

Rugal's Thug
Thats Wahwah from Backintoys saying this in their first show about the game. The guy can 1cc it and owned several carts, one of them always having the 4 bonus stages. You could ask him more info maybe.

ok, but i haven't see cards with all systematical bonus stage.

perhaps did somebody in already see one?

NEO-GEO man

Get him to dump the P ROM... We must have it, i have 2 NAM carts here and id be happy to be the test mule.

VidyaGamez

Crossed Swords Squire
Nice job! I dont know if it was said, but how many attempts in a row did you do to get that score, with the random bosses and all?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The default difficulty on most AES game is 3, yet it's 4 on the MVS. Is it possible you played your run at one less difficulty?
Games don't really have a default difficulty when playing on AES- they usually give you a choice of difficulties (although the cursor/selector always starts on "Normal", as far as I'm aware). By "default", I think he means whatever the "MVS" setting in the AES mode defaults/equates to (which I assume is the same as the arcade, with all games).

Nice job! I dont know if it was said, but how many attempts in a row did you do to get that score, with the random bosses and all?
I don't know that any games have elements that are truly random. Whether computers can create truly random events in software programs, is debatable. There is probably something that triggers a certain sequence of events, in every game that supposedly has random elements (or else it might be one of a number of pre-determined sequences of events, combined with a trigger, or maybe without a trigger). Usually with computers, for something to happen, someone has had to program it first. The people who programmed NAM-1975 might know what triggers the bosses, whether it's a certain number of plays, or something else.

Last edited:

maldoror68

n00b
sorry to dig it out, but someone can confirm that the "random bosses" are really random ? (like the elevator bonus rounds in cyber lip ?)

thanks.

Gemant

Member,
sorry to dig it out, but someone can confirm that the "random bosses" are really random ? (like the elevator bonus rounds in cyber lip ?)

thanks.

"Random" Boss in Nam-1975 are really 100% random.

In Cyber Lip elevator bonus are not random.