Bravely Default is likely to come to the US [EDIT: Not Really]

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Yeah I heard it's because they are censoring some of it, including outfits being too sexy etc.
What a fucking joke.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah I heard it's because they are censoring some of it, including outfits being too sexy etc.
What a fucking joke.

Are you serious? What the hell? I love sexy outfits...

Thats disappointing.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I'd get a european 3DS and import the game...but I don't speak european so I guess that's not an option

:p

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What a fucking joke.

Its the same with the european version, some outfit changes and all characters are three years older compared to the jap. version.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
What a fucking joke.

The West can't stand sexy bobbleheads.

I'd be more up in arms if they were more realistically proportioned, but this one, meh.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Suck game, hated it. Actually Senran Kagura is a JP retail game and it has been released here with plenty of sexy outfits with underage shenanigans, so get it for 29 bucks and have at it. Pretty good hack and slash if you're into brawlers and all.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Anyone remember what level they were at when they fought the minotaur? He whipping me with his minotaur dick.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Anyone remember what level they were at when they fought the minotaur? He whipping me with his minotaur dick.

Weak against fire...

I just braved everyone x4 and hit him with my hardest shit and he didn't survive to hit back.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
What a fucking joke.

After seeing the changes, I don't actually have a problem with this like I expected:

1kJ2QrJ.jpg

The top right is a bit much for, and I think the new version on the top left actually looks better.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Reviews are starting to roll out. Although I don't always live off of critic reviews, common complaints are a good way for me to get a feel for the game.

Most are pretty positive, praising the combat system ( as they should, its alot of fun), with the biggest complaint I've seen is the drawn out story and narration.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I hope there's an option for JP dub and ENG sub.

Because the murican dub I've heard in various trailers has been awful.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

Same. Agnes especially has been said to be horrible from multiple review sources. I've been saving my ears, and I'll deal with it when the time comes.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I love the demo and I know I am going to love this game.

The only strange thing for me is that this feels like a cast off Final Fantasy game that was rebranded to create a new IP and to transfer all the 8 and 16 bit era FF sensibilities to a new franchise so they can continue to evolve the FF brand while retaining the older style gameplay systems (with some changes) for a different domain.

The game has crystals, a deep job system, phoenix downs, basically the same Final Fantasy story that we've seen out of the sprite based entries for years and everything. This game feels like a bastard offspring of FF V and FF Tactics, but they gave it a different name so no one knew who the parents were.

I really love this game so far and I'm calling it this year's Fire Emblem, if my impressions so far are any indication.

So glad I bought the art book for this, too. the art direction is absolutely stunning.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I love the demo and I know I am going to love this game.

The only strange thing for me is that this feels like a cast off Final Fantasy game that was rebranded to create a new IP and to transfer all the 8 and 16 bit era FF sensibilities to a new franchise so they can continue to evolve the FF brand while retaining the older style gameplay systems (with some changes) for a different domain.

The game has crystals, a deep job system, phoenix downs, basically the same Final Fantasy story that we've seen out of the sprite based entries for years and everything. This game feels like a bastard offspring of FF V and FF Tactics, but they gave it a different name so no one knew who the parents were.

I agree. The dissociation is strange when you also consider that 4 Heroes of Light had Final Fantasy in the title...(iirc)

But I can't help but feel maybe they have good reasoning for doing so. I mean, Final Fantasy has become a pretty polarizing series.

I would assume that Bravely Default is already be on the radar (and probably a day one purchase) for any fans of the more recent Final Fantasy games.

Likewise, by ditching the Final Fantasy name, maybe they'll earn some dollars from folks who vehemently hate the more recent games...people who may have avoided the game like the plague if it had Final Fantasy in the name.

I dunno.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

I forget which trailer has it, but it indicates you can switch between English and Japanese dub. Also some of the reviews I've seen state that the Japanese dub is the way to go

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I agree. The dissociation is strange when you also consider that 4 Heroes of Light had Final Fantasy in the title...(iirc)

But I can't help but feel maybe they have good reasoning for doing so. I mean, Final Fantasy has become a pretty polarizing series.

I would assume that Bravely Default is already be on the radar (and probably a day one purchase) for any fans of the more recent Final Fantasy games.

Likewise, by ditching the Final Fantasy name, maybe they'll earn some dollars from folks who vehemently hate the more recent games...people who may have avoided the game like the plague if it had Final Fantasy in the name.

I dunno.

I don't think that FF has the same polarizing effect in Japan that it does here. People still routinely look forward to the series and don't 'pre-hate' on it the way they do in the west.

Since this game isn't called Final Fantasy in Japan, I have to think they just want Final Fantasy to have a more modern type of identity in the marketplace.

Which is just as well. I truly think that handheld platforms are perfect for turn based fare, and S-E can grow their company in multiple markets by offering different types of experiences on each of the platforms.

Even if everything we're saying about this being a rebranded castoff has no basis in fact, S-E is wise to put retro style titles on consoles that retro gamers are more likely to gravitate to.

I think they've gone a long way towards restoring confidence in their company. Tomb Raider posted profits, Final Fantasy XIV is universailly hailed as an amazing renaissance for the series and a great game to boot and now Bravely Default is being regarded as one of this year's 'it' games for the 3DS.

If only they'd reduce the prices on some of their retro titles on mobile platforms. That would be a huge step towards quelling the ire directed at them. People want to relive those old titles on mobile, or even try out games like Chaos Rings. But not for $16.00 each.

Nintendo has it right. They are chagring $7 for A Link to the Past. That's a good price point for a retro title.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Friday!

My body is ready.