Bravely Default is likely to come to the US [EDIT: Not Really]

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Edit: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1766088/final_fantasy_all_the_bravest_teased_by_square_enix.html

Turned out to be an iOS FF game .....

Square Enix has trademarked All The Bravest in North America and Europe, it is a trademark for videogame, perhaps it is the game title for the US and Europe version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

I tried the Japanese demo on my friend's 3DS, and it seemed great. It received 38/40 score from Famitsu, and GameSpot was praising it in a recent feature article.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Since console RPG releases are so few and far between I'm glad the genre continues to thrive on handhelds. I'll likely purchase it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
was reading up on it earlier

outside of the terrible name it looks great

reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light which was an excellent and somewhat overlooked title that captured the old school FF feel

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I am ready for this. I think it looks fucking great.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wow, that is actually really cool news. I had some hopes it would come here, but ya never know. I'll definitely pick it up if it does get localized.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Even if it's not Bravely Default (yet), FF Dimensions is a pretty fucking good game, so I'd gladly welcome another sprite based FF game for IOS.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Thinking of picking up a 3DS and a copy of Bravely Default while I'm still in Japan. This really looks like my kind of game.

bg1188

n00b
another fucking iOS game that will be grossly overpriced? Just another fuck you to the hardcore gamers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sounds like they just bravely defaulted on their word. XD

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
LOLOLOLOL

Fuck this game.

I am laughing out loud right now at this shit.

Thanks for sharing that vid, Joe. Definitely taking a pass on this shite.

Ben Richards

New Challenger
I am sick of these expensive IOS games from Square. While some say they are great, the IAP's are way of sucking more money out of you over a period of time, then paying for it straight up. I would much rather pay $15 or more (if I felt it was worth it) for the whole game and any future DL than $5/chapter for X chapters. Between the greedy IAP's on Apple and Capcom's on-disc DLC, I for one, am not supporting this and I feel they are contributing to the fall of future video games, which I soon believe, will be only Downloaded games, instead of physical copies (which will put Gamestop, Best buy, etc out of business or on the way out). Sorry off topic in a way. If Bravely Default was to come out for the 3DS, I would buy it in a minute, as it seems like a great game, but IOS, Mhmm we will see. Troll or not, Square is definitely being greedy when it comes to IOS. Give us a package deal or option to buy the whole game, in addition to IAP for every little thing. I have always played games for the enjoyment, not to buy a crap load of gold and other things to beat the game easily, as I think most gamers who play these games are like me, want to beat the game without help and on their own.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I am listening to the soundtrack for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy as I sit at my desk and write and I thought I'd pop in quick and comment on it.

S-E is really doing everyone a fucking disservice if they don't release Bravely Default over here. Having seen the gameplay, it looks fun as hell and this soundtrack is so goddamned impressive that I know the aesthetic is going to be 'right there', which any good RPG needs.

Magician

20 Year Member
Well, now that it's confirmed to be on its way in 2014 I sat down at watched a LP of the first 70 minutes. There's no commentary in the video. But what's there is possibly some of the best visual and audio production I've seen in a 3DS game. I'm sold; now all I want is a release date, and hopefully an eShop release aswell.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
okay, sold. now why did you have to show this to me now? 2014????? urgh....

Magician

20 Year Member
I thought the new character trailer for Bravely Default was the highlight of yesterday's Nintendo Direct.

Still very excited here.

K-9999

n00b
Really looking forward to this. Old school J-rpg are best. Release date for EU is 6 December. Now if they could give some info on X (likely Xenoblade 2) that would be awesome.