SOLD: Bonk 3 for Turbografx 16 Complete in box!

War Pig

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
GAME IS SOLD!

Bonk3007.jpg

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It is awesome, and someone should have it, but $350 is a ridiculous price.

War Pig

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It is awesome, and someone should have it, but $350 is a ridiculous price.

Sold at my "ridiculous" asking price. Thanks for the interest.

Edited to add: I was pretty sure that my asking price reflected current value of this game complete. I've been collecting TG16 games for 2 years.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0

Edited to add: I was pretty sure that my asking price reflected current value of this game complete. I've been collecting TG16 games for 2 years.

The price seemed pretty fair considering the game included the outer box. This is the functional equivalent of the manual baggies that AES collectors demand.

Breetai

New Challenger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good on your for selling it, but that doesn't mean $350 was not a "ridiculous" price. It was, in fact, ridiculous. Fortunately for you, and unfortunately for almost everyone else, it sold for that.

If you'd been collection NEC stuffs for more than just two years, you'd know the deal (yeah, you were asking for that jab).

War Pig

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Haha...thanks man. No disrespect meant towards you or anyone else. I was willing to listen to offers (or the price could have been negotiable) but it sold rather quickly. I would have been completely happy to sit on the game if it didnt sell.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Good for you, getting $350 for it, but whoever bought it is an idiot. The game is available online for $150 with the HuCard and manual, so someone just paid $200, or more than the value of the HuCard and manual, for a fucking cardboard box.

Chris

War Pig

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good for you, getting $350 for it, but whoever bought it is an idiot. The game is available online for $150 with the HuCard and manual, so someone just paid $200, or more than the value of the HuCard and manual, for a fucking cardboard box.

Chris

Yep....that's how the completionists roll.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Chris

You sound like you must be a member of pcenginefx.com, a great site were it not for the fact that every single member there does nothing other than wring their hands over the fast-escalating value of Turbo software. As a result nobody sells anything decent over there for fear of being ridiculed for asking market value for high dollar Turbo stuff. Most of that stuff only shows up on ebay now, which ironically, tends to increase prices faster.

Bonk 3 is the second rarest HuCard, in that territory the box can easily be worth more than the cart and manual. $350 is on the high side but to call either the seller "greedy" or the buyer "stupid" is just ignorant.

To the OP, good job on the sale.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
That price is actually pretty fair, that box is insane... I've seen just the loose HuCard sell for high prices.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
That price is actually pretty fair, that box is insane... I've seen just the loose HuCard sell for high prices.

Overall Turbo stuff over the past year or so has gone BANANAS. Around here with Neo Geo stuff we are used to insane prices, but even common Turbo stuff lately will sometimes go sky high. I really can't explain why, but it seems even more true than for other systems, although classic games in general have been going up in value.

There was a complete boxed Sinistron, not a super rare but not common game, sold for $290 on ebay a few months back. A number of Super CDs now routinely sell for the $500 range in the rare event they pop up. I'm always shocked looking at recent completed listings for Turbo stuff. That CIB Bonk 3 for $350, if that's a little high now it may not be so high a year or two from now.