Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I just re-watched the intro again. I weep openly for the Neo Geo, that it has to be sullied with shit like this. People thought Ganryu was a awful excuse for a Neo game, this is even worse. But then, to be honest, graphics aren't everything if the game plays well. It doesn't look like it does that properly either. It looks like a bad SNES game.

To me though, the icing on the shit cake is the pon- err, Donkey thing. Who's stupid idea was this? It's not 2012 or even 2011 anymore, the My Little Pony shock is over, we can all see what disgusting things the fanbase for that franchise has done. We don't need that pouring over into the Neo Geo. CPHD is like taking a joke so far, we forget what the original joke was. It's THAT stale and late. This should be a flash game posted on some MLP forum. Then there's that girl. Boobs are fine and all, but it's so weird here. Mix that with the sumo wrestler's junk and the donkey and... Ugh, this game is so... FRENCH. And by French I mean gay.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Not trolling, but where does a serious collector like you draw the line? Im starting to get the feeling with some of this stuff that people will literally pay $400 for anything a backyarder comes up with provided it's in a home cart shell and boots because they fear they will miss out.

He's one of the English AF3 buyers. Le Cortex could be charging him $4000 and still make the sale.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
He's one of the English AF3 buyers. Le Cortex could be charging him $4000 and still make the sale.
Actually i asked them to charge me for 40.000 usd so that i've felt more comfortable in this purchase :cool:

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Acknowledging a developer of garbage by giving them money for said garbage is tantamount to providing tacit approval for the future development of MORE garbage. "If I make it, they will buy it!"

No harm? Quite the opposite. Your obsessive need to be, as you say it, "complete" is in many ways preventing the creation of actual GOOD software. Why should anyone go through the lengths and tribulations necessary to produce something decent when it is proven time and time again that suckers like you will absorb trite shovelware as long as it has an AES cart around it?

*shakes head* Sorry to come off preachy, but the point remains that handing these idiots free money in exchange for crap is NOT a good thing.
Ready to face divine punishment for this purchase and public confession :hammer:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Just have pre-order for one of AES ;)

Not ask me for any ideas this game ... it's only AES released that I must collect in my collection.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
No harm? Quite the opposite. Your obsessive need to be, as you say it, "complete" ...
blame-it-on-your-mother.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Pipes got a new toy :D After the destruction of the NGX, he's now focussing on frog games. ;)

lol.....you got me.

The transition from the NGX to a game featuring a Jackass and created by frogs is quite seamless actually. I'm looking forward to this.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I just re-watched the intro again. I weep openly for the Neo Geo, that it has to be sullied with shit like this.

This has been my very same emotion as well, yes.

Not trolling, but where does a serious collector like you draw the line?

And that has been my prior concern while steppin' into collection anything.

Like, when you start collecting anything, you have do define the object of your interest. That's some kind of 'what's what' game.

I did it myself. I tried to to do it pruning myself from any subjective point, and logically judging just from the most objective ones.

I've drawn a line. A circle one, actually. Some thing are inside the circle, some other are not.

The I've also drawn some more circles, concentric ones, and here's where ontological logic and heuristics kick in.

What's the very center of the 'NeoGeo' thing as whole? And why? I did my researches. I studied to get facts as a basis, and to assume nothing.

I want far enough to get in touch and keep in touch with SNK and SNK-P, in fact. Precious memories.

Oh, btw, should anyone be intetested, last summer we hosted a NeoGeo Event in Rome. Officially endorsed by SNK. You may enjoy the first G-Mantle official piece of art to be drawn after so many years. Personal request from my side to Ogura Eisuke. :)

http://www.eirgames.com/5631/snk-legends-italian-museum-videogames-vigamus/

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Q: "Why the neo geo?"

A: "Because then we can charge out the ass for this gh3yass brony game.. also France"

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Just have pre-order for one of AES ;)

Not ask me for any ideas this game ... it's only AES released that I must collect in my collection.

Where do you draw the line or circle. What if they made a sequel called Crouching Pony Hidden Pecker where the goal of the game was to perform various sexual acts with ponies. Would you purchase it in AES format?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Where do you draw the line or circle. What if they made a sequel called Crouching Pony Hidden Pecker where the goal of the game was to perform various sexual acts with ponies. Would you purchase it in AES format?

As long as the price is over $400, I don't see why he wouldn't.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
-NG:DEV/JMKurtz develop an USB/SSD upgradable cart , with label space and dedicated shockbox (no insert)...let's call it "Universal Cart System".
-Every developer produces a game with CD packaging (manual, cover , printed CD-Rom and/or SSD, plus insert and label bonus)
-The game can be loaded into the cart, via PC (or directly mounted in the cart if SSD).

Benefits:
Collector has a NeoGeoCD-like package, plus some goodies like the label and insert for the UCS.
The game has no restriction, using AES full potential.
The cost goes down.
The homebrew developer margin is higher (considering there is no effort needed for the cart development)

I'm pretty sure Raz, NGDEV or JMKUrtz can think about a private/public key mechanism, to ensure only a certain copy can be played in to a certain Cart....here you go, I also gave you guys the "elitism" option.

Standardization.

It also makes dumping the rom and spreading it easier.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I don't think soundtrack files could easily be transferred into a cart, consider that a lot of NGCD to ROM conversions don't have BGM.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All I know is that if I made games for the NeoGeo that people said were amazing and looked amazing as well, and I see them also purchasing shit like this I'd take it as an insult for all the years of learning about the Neo Geo and making a game fueled by passion and not a game like this that was obviously made specifically to leech money out of everyone without making a quality game. Everyone already saw what they did with Totc and that was supposedly using some of the "original code" from the "lost" proto. Now they're making a game from "scratch".

Tell them to send me a demo and I'll post a real review about it, non-biased. Are they confident enough in their game for this to happen?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
All I know is that if I made games for the NeoGeo that people said were amazing and looked amazing as well, and I see them also purchasing shit like this I'd take it as an insult for all the years of learning about the Neo Geo and making a game fueled by passion and not a game like this that was obviously made specifically to leech money out of everyone without making a quality game. Everyone already saw what they did with Totc and that was supposedly using some of the "original code" from the "lost" proto. Now they're making a game from "scratch".

Tell them to send me a demo and I'll post a real review about it, non-biased. Are they confident enough in their game for this to happen?

You must own at least this many
hundreds_of_boots.jpg
in order to request that! It's the frog way!

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Everyone already saw what they did with Totc and that was supposedly using some of the "original code" from the "lost" proto.
it's not true
They never said that, and they are the first to said they have no original code for this game

thanks again for the frog and stereotype

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
it's not true
They never said that, and they are the first to said they have no original code for this game

thanks again for the frog

That's exactly my point. They tried to say that they found the lost proto when it wasn't. They created a game from hashing code together from other games and went off pictures from a magazine to recreate the pixel art for the "proto". Like I said before, there is nothing FACE about the game and should have removed it from the game and just put Le Cortex.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
it's not true

thanks again for the frog

IMO using anything from the original game is using original code.

http://www.neogeoprotos.com/games/caribbean.htm . Problem is it looks like rather than using the original code itself, they just used pictures from a magazine and said "Well this is good enough! it sorta looks like it!" Take for example, if Samurai Shodown wasn't released on the neo-geo and there only a few pictures of it in magazines. It would be like looking at those pictures and ending up with something that looks and plays like games on a Tiger handheld.

Plus you endorse all of their products, so it's hard to trust your opinion on anything related to it. You and that company are like NGF is to Tommo.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Frogs from the same spawning pool tend to stick together.