Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What website did I just visit? What a waste of time.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Let's not forget there is a hacked rom with a very similar title on the Neo.

I expected to see another strange boot just based on the title of this thread. Instead it was Klomp Klomp.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Looks like something that would cost pennies on the app store, a cheap flash game at best.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I may have to stop collecting homebrew MVS carts, starting with this one. I'll have to wait and see the finished product.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Are you sure this game is suitable and worth for neogeo? :scratch:

I just see only intro and it's not make me impressive ... :oh_no:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It doesn't look like it's pushing any envelope, that's for sure.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Has anyone else watched the game play footage they have up now? What a steaming pile of shit! I couldn't even watch the entire thing. It's just so bad in every way possible. TotC is no longer their worst game; they've outdone themselves with this one.

They have to stop.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I didnt know people played these limited edition games anyway, just keep them minty mint so gameplay dont matter :P

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I did like the intro which doesnt seem to work now and the music is pretty decent but the gameplay looks pretty basic and after 5 mins I too stopped watching as didnt know if it was ever going to end.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
well, if it was an early alpha build, then it would be ok, i guess. definitely a step up from his previous game.
not sure whether or not he's lurking, but i'll try to leave some constructive criticism...

what i liked:
- intro was ok
- character design is not to everyone's taste but it's different and gernerally pretty good for a homebrew game
- animation seems to be decent

what i didn't like:
- music and sound effects are super annoying
- the pony moves much too slow
- i couldn't tell, what the game was about. looked like he was aimlessly walking around. is there an exit or a goal to reach?
- stages looked a bit dull

what i would change:
- forget about the red and blue thing
- forget about the enemies shooting at you
- do away with the throwing stars and let them use swords or fists instead
- make the graphics more colourful
- better music and sound effects
- make the coins look differently

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
There's really nothing wrong with making games of this caliber. The only way to get better is to do something again and again. There is a lot to be said about even getting this far with the Neo Geo and getting something working. At this point, though, the quality simply isn't up to the standards or the price. If this were a cheap cart, or even sold as a ROM to be played on an emulator and to get some experience and feedback from, then I would be all behind it. Looking for $500 plus for something of this nature is a leap. I'm all for people learning to program for the Neo and bringing out new games, but if you're going to price it a high price point, it had better be a high quality game. NG Dev Team had to face the same scrutiny years ago, but look at how far they've come over the years. They also hit the ground running with a project that was very high quality for an indie studio.

If the developers are lurking, I'd just say keep working at it. Chalk it up as practice. You wouldn't see a musician trying to sell themselves playing scales and progressions over and over again. This is your practice session. Polish it. Share it with a few you trust and then make it better, or move on to the next thing. Most things in life are a persistence game. If you keep at it, you could find yourself in that same sweet spot NG Dev Team finds themselves today.

Eh, I felt like saying that other than it sucks... Because, hell, I couldn't even have gotten that far with the Neo. So, kudos for that... No get back to work.

8man

Administrator
I was excited to see that a new $500 Neo Geo AES game was being made!!!

Clicked on the web link. Watching the game intro...

But, wait... what the... Batman spread out in his underwear? 2 cherries? Bikini Ninjette?

Watching the gameplay now... welcome to Ninja Pony?
"Red" ninjas, "Blue" ninjas, "Purple" ninjas?

Are we eating "Lucky Charms" cereal, or are we playing a game?

First, I can't believe I watched the whole gameplay video (turning the sound down).
Spending $500 of hard-earned money on this?

Red, Blue, Purple thing is not working, sound track is driving me crazy.
Coin collecting is pointless, unless you're going to add power-ups or weapons.
Wait... the "coin sound" sounds like the Gong in the "Gong Show".
Guess what the "Gong sound" meant...

Are you walking around in slow-mo searching for the "Green" Hidden Dragon?

Engineers screwing with custom AES/MVS PCBs to fit inside the same shell?
Why do I want to take apart the shell each time to play on the AES or MVS?
AES/MVS converters have already been made.

"Ninja Pony" should be a free app on the app store.
I wouldn't even pay 99 cents for this game.

:shame: Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon is not worthy of the Neo Geo.

Don't screw around, this is OUR Neo Geo.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How is this 776 Megs? Last Hope Pink Bullets is only 524 Megs and this is supposed to be 50% larger?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
There's really nothing wrong with making games of this caliber. The only way to get better is to do something again and again. There is a lot to be said about even getting this far with the Neo Geo and getting something working. At this point, though, the quality simply isn't up to the standards or the price. If this were a cheap cart, or even sold as a ROM to be played on an emulator and to get some experience and feedback from, then I would be all behind it. Looking for $500 plus for something of this nature is a leap. I'm all for people learning to program for the Neo and bringing out new games, but if you're going to price it a high price point, it had better be a high quality game. NG Dev Team had to face the same scrutiny years ago, but look at how far they've come over the years. They also hit the ground running with a project that was very high quality for an indie studio.

If the developers are lurking, I'd just say keep working at it. Chalk it up as practice. You wouldn't see a musician trying to sell themselves playing scales and progressions over and over again. This is your practice session. Polish it. Share it with a few you trust and then make it better, or move on to the next thing. Most things in life are a persistence game. If you keep at it, you could find yourself in that same sweet spot NG Dev Team finds themselves today.

Eh, I felt like saying that other than it sucks... Because, hell, I couldn't even have gotten that far with the Neo. So, kudos for that... No get back to work.

Well said. No one was born knowing all.

@ Le Cortex: Take into account people's feedback and give us some.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How is this 776 Megs? Last Hope Pink Bullets is only 524 Megs and this is supposed to be 50% larger?

meg counts are bullshit, anyway, and not necessarily representative of a game's graphical prowess. case in point: kof 2001

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well said. No one was born knowing all.

@ Le Cortex: Take into account people's feedback and give us some.

This is true, however I still have zero confidence that anything of significant quality will ever come from these people. If I have $500 or $600 to spend on a new Neo game, my money's going to NG: DEV every single time. Le Cortex is not in the same league. Period.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Isn't the original library enough? Someone needs to take these fuckers out.