Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 431

Thread: Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

  1. #26
    updyke
    slerch666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD, USA

    Posts
    8,986
    Give me Teh ROMZ and I'll play. Wouldn't pay ~$430 USD for it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

  2. #27
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!
    pipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The T-Dot

    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by slerch666 View Post
    Wouldn't pay ~$430 USD for it.
    That's good then because it's more like $500 USD + shipping.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

  3. #28
    I live opposite Lachlan..
    I have a Telescope...
    NUFF' SAID!
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    6,361
    What website did I just visit? What a waste of time.

  4. #29

  5. #30
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    9,077
    Let's not forget there is a hacked rom with a very similar title on the Neo.

    I expected to see another strange boot just based on the title of this thread. Instead it was Klomp Klomp.


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  6. #31
    Geese's Thug
    SNK_Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland.

    Posts
    277
    Looks like something that would cost pennies on the app store, a cheap flash game at best.

  7. #32
    Axel's Trainer
    SNKNostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS

    Posts
    1,925
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!


  8. #33

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,229
    I may have to stop collecting homebrew MVS carts, starting with this one. I'll have to wait and see the finished product.

  9. #34
    Edo Express Delivery Guy
    mahesak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thailand

    Posts
    331
    Are you sure this game is suitable and worth for neogeo?

    I just see only intro and it's not make me impressive ...

  10. #35
    . SNKorSWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Haven, CT

    Posts
    15,154
    It doesn't look like it's pushing any envelope, that's for sure.

  11. #36
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!
    pipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The T-Dot

    Posts
    3,036
    Has anyone else watched the game play footage they have up now? What a steaming pile of shit! I couldn't even watch the entire thing. It's just so bad in every way possible. TotC is no longer their worst game; they've outdone themselves with this one.

    They have to stop.
    Last edited by pipes; 12-07-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

  12. #37
    SSVS Special Plz...
    Buying & Selling that
    Never get's old.
    Lee Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    7,426
    I didnt know people played these limited edition games anyway, just keep them minty mint so gameplay dont matter :P
    Its the beginning of an unforgettable event

  13. #38
    SSVS Special Plz...
    Buying & Selling that
    Never get's old.
    Lee Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    7,426
    I did like the intro which doesnt seem to work now and the music is pretty decent but the gameplay looks pretty basic and after 5 mins I too stopped watching as didnt know if it was ever going to end.
    Its the beginning of an unforgettable event

  14. #39
    . SNKorSWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Haven, CT

    Posts
    15,154
    I've seen better looking NES titles.

  15. #40
    Alfred Garcia's Butler
    Moon Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Long Island New York

    Posts
    5,906

  16. #41
    Die Gans

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,910
    well, if it was an early alpha build, then it would be ok, i guess. definitely a step up from his previous game.
    not sure whether or not he's lurking, but i'll try to leave some constructive criticism...

    what i liked:
    - intro was ok
    - character design is not to everyone's taste but it's different and gernerally pretty good for a homebrew game
    - animation seems to be decent

    what i didn't like:
    - music and sound effects are super annoying
    - the pony moves much too slow
    - i couldn't tell, what the game was about. looked like he was aimlessly walking around. is there an exit or a goal to reach?
    - stages looked a bit dull

    what i would change:
    - forget about the red and blue thing
    - forget about the enemies shooting at you
    - do away with the throwing stars and let them use swords or fists instead
    - make the graphics more colourful
    - better music and sound effects
    - make the coins look differently
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

  17. #42

  18. #43
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    There's really nothing wrong with making games of this caliber. The only way to get better is to do something again and again. There is a lot to be said about even getting this far with the Neo Geo and getting something working. At this point, though, the quality simply isn't up to the standards or the price. If this were a cheap cart, or even sold as a ROM to be played on an emulator and to get some experience and feedback from, then I would be all behind it. Looking for $500 plus for something of this nature is a leap. I'm all for people learning to program for the Neo and bringing out new games, but if you're going to price it a high price point, it had better be a high quality game. NG Dev Team had to face the same scrutiny years ago, but look at how far they've come over the years. They also hit the ground running with a project that was very high quality for an indie studio.

    If the developers are lurking, I'd just say keep working at it. Chalk it up as practice. You wouldn't see a musician trying to sell themselves playing scales and progressions over and over again. This is your practice session. Polish it. Share it with a few you trust and then make it better, or move on to the next thing. Most things in life are a persistence game. If you keep at it, you could find yourself in that same sweet spot NG Dev Team finds themselves today.

    Eh, I felt like saying that other than it sucks... Because, hell, I couldn't even have gotten that far with the Neo. So, kudos for that... No get back to work.

  19. #44
    Administrator 8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Palm Beach

    Posts
    312
    I was excited to see that a new $500 Neo Geo AES game was being made!!!

    Clicked on the web link. Watching the game intro...

    But, wait... what the... Batman spread out in his underwear? 2 cherries? Bikini Ninjette?

    Watching the gameplay now... welcome to Ninja Pony?
    "Red" ninjas, "Blue" ninjas, "Purple" ninjas?

    Are we eating "Lucky Charms" cereal, or are we playing a game?

    First, I can't believe I watched the whole gameplay video (turning the sound down).
    Spending $500 of hard-earned money on this?

    Red, Blue, Purple thing is not working, sound track is driving me crazy.
    Coin collecting is pointless, unless you're going to add power-ups or weapons.
    Wait... the "coin sound" sounds like the Gong in the "Gong Show".
    Guess what the "Gong sound" meant...

    Are you walking around in slow-mo searching for the "Green" Hidden Dragon?

    Engineers screwing with custom AES/MVS PCBs to fit inside the same shell?
    Why do I want to take apart the shell each time to play on the AES or MVS?
    AES/MVS converters have already been made.

    "Ninja Pony" should be a free app on the app store.
    I wouldn't even pay 99 cents for this game.

    Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon is not worthy of the Neo Geo.

    Don't screw around, this is OUR Neo Geo.

  20. #45
    . SNKorSWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Haven, CT

    Posts
    15,154
    How is this 776 Megs? Last Hope Pink Bullets is only 524 Megs and this is supposed to be 50% larger?

  21. #46
    Kula's Candy
    jeffensminger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin TX

    Posts
    297
    Wow...this thing looks pretty bad.

  22. #47
    Big Bang Pro Wrestler
    distropia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    my workbench

    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    There's really nothing wrong with making games of this caliber. The only way to get better is to do something again and again. There is a lot to be said about even getting this far with the Neo Geo and getting something working. At this point, though, the quality simply isn't up to the standards or the price. If this were a cheap cart, or even sold as a ROM to be played on an emulator and to get some experience and feedback from, then I would be all behind it. Looking for $500 plus for something of this nature is a leap. I'm all for people learning to program for the Neo and bringing out new games, but if you're going to price it a high price point, it had better be a high quality game. NG Dev Team had to face the same scrutiny years ago, but look at how far they've come over the years. They also hit the ground running with a project that was very high quality for an indie studio.

    If the developers are lurking, I'd just say keep working at it. Chalk it up as practice. You wouldn't see a musician trying to sell themselves playing scales and progressions over and over again. This is your practice session. Polish it. Share it with a few you trust and then make it better, or move on to the next thing. Most things in life are a persistence game. If you keep at it, you could find yourself in that same sweet spot NG Dev Team finds themselves today.

    Eh, I felt like saying that other than it sucks... Because, hell, I couldn't even have gotten that far with the Neo. So, kudos for that... No get back to work.
    Well said. No one was born knowing all.

    @ Le Cortex: Take into account people's feedback and give us some.
    "appleTV-like" Consolized NeoGeo MVS builder (take a look here)

  23. #48
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    How is this 776 Megs? Last Hope Pink Bullets is only 524 Megs and this is supposed to be 50% larger?
    meg counts are bullshit, anyway, and not necessarily representative of a game's graphical prowess. case in point: kof 2001

  24. #49
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!
    DEAL OUTSTANDING!
    pipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The T-Dot

    Posts
    3,036
    Quote Originally Posted by distropia View Post
    Well said. No one was born knowing all.

    @ Le Cortex: Take into account people's feedback and give us some.
    This is true, however I still have zero confidence that anything of significant quality will ever come from these people. If I have $500 or $600 to spend on a new Neo game, my money's going to NG: DEV every single time. Le Cortex is not in the same league. Period.
    NG: DEV SCOREBOARD <<<< CLOSED DUE TO EXCESSIVELY HIGH VOLUME OF PARTICIPATION

  25. #50
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,761
    Isn't the original library enough? Someone needs to take these fuckers out.


    !!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •