Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Where do you see that? Looking at their facebook page, they have separate PCBs for MVS and home.

They had info on that on their website a while back.

I absolutely refuse to ever go back there so I can't verify if that's still the case.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
the only thing I see that works on both home and mvs is their snap lock case. But their PCBs definitely arent universal.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I thought that their cartridge shell could fit either the home system pcbs or the mvs pcbs such that you could use the same cart shell for either, just switching the pcbs inside.

Not sure if that makes sense.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Watching three frenchies 90 minutes talking shit. Please give me a gun to end my misery.

Well, I can tell you that being fluent in french doesn't change anything to the crappiness of this video. This makes it even worse actually. What a fucking waste of time. Wahwah is one of the worst french interviewer ever. He has this way of adressing the audience like we're a bunch of retards/4 years old kids that really gets on my nerves every fucking time.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the only thing I see that works on both home and mvs is their snap lock case. But their PCBs definitely arent universal.

you're right, it's gone now... I could swear they wrote on the CPHD page at some point that the PCBs were going to have 2 edges, so you could open up the cart shell and turn them around to fit either system. I thought they were talking about it in the video at about 57:30 - appears they are just "showing off" the cart shell like Mendel said. DAMN YOU LECORTEX!

WTF is this shit under "projects" on their homepage btw?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I thought that their cartridge shell could fit either the home system pcbs or the mvs pcbs such that you could use the same cart shell for either, just switching the pcbs inside.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Yes but it's a bit more complicated than that. For 399 euros they will send you the 2 sets of PCB (MVS and AES), 1 shell and 1 bootleg snapcase. You'll have to install whatever set of PCBs you need in the shell. They won't offer them separately, you have to buy both the AES and MVS PCBs at the same time. They said it's some kind of package deal they had to make to get some of their money back.

xsq, they've developped all kind of crap to get some money to be able to finish the game, I guess it's just more crap so they could get all their investment back.

The full game is currently available on STEAM for $9.99 if you want to try it out. What looked like garbage on the Neo looks even worse on PC, good luck with that :keke:

Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well, I can tell you that being fluent in french doesn't change anything to the crappiness of this video. This makes it even worse actually. What a fucking waste of time. Wahwah is one of the worst french interviewer ever. He has this way of adressing the audience like we're a bunch of retards/4 years old kids that really gets on my nerves every fucking time.

True
it's just impossible for me to listen him

xsq

For 399 euros they will send you the 2 sets of PCB (MVS and AES), 1 shell and 1 bootleg snapcase. You'll have to install whatever set of PCBs you need in the shell. They won't offer them separately, you have to buy both the AES and MVS PCBs at the same time. They said it's some kind of package deal they had to make to get some of their money back.

xsq, they've developped all kind of crap to get some money to be able to finish the game, I guess it's just more crap so they could get all their investment back.
Hm, that clears it up some... and now I hate them even more.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Nothing that this company has done or is doing appeals to me in the least.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Crouching pony, hidden dick

mr-hands.jpg

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Silly me I always thought this would be some kind of KOF hack until I saw it on steam last week.

I'm sure they are working hard on it but it's not the kind of game I would play nor associate to a NeoGeo :annoyed:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
On Steam the description and reviews give the impression this was an original Neo-Geo game/A classic for the system.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
has this game actually been released on the Neo Geo yet? all I see are pre-orders and a stream version?

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
i've heard that they work (to a point) with atomik.
And since NCI will release later this year breakers revenge under license with newly produced pcb, that might change their difficulties.
Will the game be released, considering the e-rep they now have, is another matter.

sry shitty english

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
No atomik and the Cortex never work together
Atomik work with NCI
and the le Cortex had work for NCI but just for TotC

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
has this game actually been released on the Neo Geo yet? all I see are pre-orders and a stream version?

(Since it's been a few months)

Anyone know if this was ever released for MVS?
Somewhat curious.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Have you played the demo? Enough said..

xsq

i chuckled a little when this thread was bumped...

Neo King

n00b
i m enter in the cortex office by chance ( rendez vous for my job) 6 month ago, i can say, the game is stopped, they have developpement problems,

i have seen crouching packing with dust, a beautiful neo 19, a some aes games, ps3...

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
i m enter in the cortex office by chance ( rendez vous for my job) 6 month ago, i can say, the game is stopped, they have developpement problems,

i have seen crouching packing with dust, a beautiful neo 19, a some aes games, ps3...

Poke Liquid Snake if you get to see any MVS with holo label.

xsq

Haha, thought as much, their last news on the game was in November 2014... but good to know, thanks for the info.

Did you interview there for a Job? If so, don't take it :lolz: