Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'm assuming they're making NO profit on Neo preorders so they decided to push it out to Desktop? I mean what kind of sense does that make?? If your product is failing then it should negate any thought of distributing to other platforms, right? Or do I sound crazy?

You cray. Usually more platforms = more profit, if developed with this in mind.

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
I'm assuming they're making NO profit on Neo preorders so they decided to push it out to Desktop? I mean what kind of sense does that make?? If your product is failing then it should negate any thought of distributing to other platforms, right? Or do I sound crazy?

Could be they want to reach a greater wider audience thru the steam distribution model. The original product is meant for a niche sector of hardcore diehards. They probably felt it was in their best interests to make available to another platform besides the neo-geo be it financial other wise. Do you bring up some valid points MidnightMonkey.

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member

Maybe they just arrived were the game was meant to be. 1.99 on steam seam to bemabout right.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, we did tell them no avoid the Neo in the beginning since they used to make flash games or whatever.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Unless they're charging the two or three big tymers who preordered it $30k each, they're probably not going to recoup the development costs without having to release it in some other format accessible to the masses.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Unless they're charging the two or three big tymers who preordered it $30k each, they're probably not going to recoup the development costs without having to release it in some other format accessible to the masses.

Makes sense. I want to play it just because I'll try anything once, but from the looks of it, it's not something I'm willing to pay for. I don't really care if that makes me sound douchey.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
I think the game has some real strong point and some parts of it looks very good, some looks less good and if they can just fix those parts then this could be an awesome game.
I know how it is to have people attack parts of your game that YOU KNOW are not gonna be like that in the final product, and you just think for yourself- arrg I will fix that later.

I think this game has potential, wait until its done :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I predict it's still going to suck when finished. Quote me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think the game has some real strong point and some parts of it looks very good, some looks less good and if they can just fix those parts then this could be an awesome game.
I know how it is to have people attack parts of your game that YOU KNOW are not gonna be like that in the final product, and you just think for yourself- arrg I will fix that later.

I think this game has potential, wait until its done :)

I think you're very very wrong.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Bending pony, buried cock. :cool:

So what's this thread about anyway? Some faggot assed brony game or some shit?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Bending pony, buried cock. :cool:

So what's this thread about anyway? Some faggot assed brony game or some shit?

The game is about the life and death of Mr.Hands and the struggles he went through to statisfy his need for interspecies erotica.

trustMe

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Read on facebook :

Hello,

Having received all the questions and reactions from the Neo-Geo community through the normal means of communication, we realised that we have not kept our customers up to date as much as expected and that this is damaging our project.

We have therefore decided to change tack and share with you what happens day-to-day in our studio. We are keen to make you a part of the final steps in the conception and industrial production of the CPHD cartridge.

We would also like to remind you that the advantages of this CPHD are double, as we have always hoped: not only to give some background to our mascot NINJA PONEY within a game on a dead console, but also to design an industrial process for the production of NEW cartridges and an SDK for the community. In short, we wanted to revive support, or, at least, to allow the community to benefit from new games without destroying the existing heritage.

Here, then, is a short history of the cartridge since February 2014, the initial launch date for the games cartridge.

-February: Production of the first prototypes starts in Ireland, then the first series in China.
-March-April-May: Testing of received cartridges. The models show both “standard” design problems and “non-standard” problems in the quality of the components. This is the start of a series of exchanges with the manufacturers. Given the difficulty of dealing with engineering problems on the other side of the world and the quality of the cartridges, we decide to relocate production to within Europe.
-June: After contacting various European factories, a facility in Orleans is finally chosen. Manufacturing quality is good and the engineering service allows various difficulties to be thoroughly examined.
-July-August: The first examples for testing are received. CPHD is an excellent benchmark for the stability of the format, with game sessions lasting longer than a “one credit” play on a shmup. Design quality, circuit dilatation, endurance of components, everything passes the tests. Other problems are resolved.
-September: Debugging continues. We want to ensure top quality production, which takes time. We know that we have chosen to make things harder, but we are sure it will be worth it to offer the Neo-Geo community an industrial-quality format for their homebrew projects.

We apologise once again for the delay in delivering the format. We are as impatient as you are to finally deliver your cartridges to you. We know that we are not the most punctual and we are not the most “chatty”. However, we are putting all of our energy and our drive into finishing this project, to be able to guarantee delivery before Christmas 2014.

In this spirit, we are therefore going to try, each week, to keep you up to date with the final stages of production of the CPHD cartridge, both on our website and on Facebook.
In particular by creating a photo album, which should bring you a bit closer to our projects. Let’s go, go, go

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Oh and a extra thing I need to mention just to make myself feel less pissed off after playing the pony demo - If you want to support French dudes that are actually awesome and are also making old console games then support fuken Watermelon games who have a brawler for the MD and top view action game for the SNES coming out that look just as good as the Japanese inspirations.

View attachment 10374

+1 ^^ THIS

Still have my 2 Pier Solar Units (1 for colection, the other to play)

Their next game is gonna be awesome (again), i'll support this guys, they do piece of works, not cr## SH## like this Pony S###

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it' still nice that you can use the cart on both MVS and home console... but yeah, fuck the game.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Watching three frenchies 90 minutes talking shit. Please give me a gun to end my misery.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
it' still nice that you can use the cart on both MVS and home console... but yeah, fuck the game.

Where do you see that? Looking at their facebook page, they have separate PCBs for MVS and home.