The Tony-a-thon. It. Has. Begun! Full info on post #69.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I know there is a few people wanting to do this. I have been laying down the ground work for something in his memory since yesterday morning. I was planning on making an announcement on this next week after all of this stuff settles down a bit, but there seems to be a lot of cooks in the kitchen and a concentrated effort is probably the best way to ensure a big turnout. I have already reached out to a few of you guys and i appreciate your commitment and promises.

Here is what I am planning:

I want to hold a charity auction of various gaming items. From Big Tymer stuff to small less expensive stuff so anyone can afford to bid/ win on an item. I have personally reached out to Game Gavel and Mike Kennedy (The man behind the curtain at Game Gavel) has upgraded my account to being fully free and without fees. There will also be a place to contribute just money if thats your thing. I have also reached out to a friend at Chicago branch of the ACS to see about some marketing to help make this known, but I have not gotten a response back yet (it's only been a day, after all).

I will be organizing a collection of items for auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society (per Tony's family request). Some people have already pledged donations in both item and monetary terms which is awesome and I thank you for it.

My goal is to raise a $10k total donation not just from us but from the whole gaming community. I will be personally putting up the Ghosts 'n' Goblins Prototype board that I received from Tony himself (from his Romstar days). I feel an item of that magnitude can help make the $10k goal achievable.

Donations to the cause will be accepted, but this will all come to be after his services are over. I will be rebumping this thread next week when it is an easier time to move forward with this. He has been a tremendous friend to me personally and to this community. I feel this is the least we could do to honor his memory. Lets all remember him well but tackle a large scale donation after the dust settles.

Thanks in advance for any support I may receive.

-c.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I havent set one up quite yet. Like i said- i was just laying the groundwork for this thing now. It will all be put together in the next couple of weeks.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
very cool cdamm, I will be contributing for sure.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'll happily donate some games for the cause.

I'll set up donations and all the details in the next couple of weeks, but thanks i will absolutely take you up on this! :D

Like i said- im just trying to get a concentrated effort from those that want to do something and im only announcing this now, so we all know something is being done. Im working on it as i type. Putting something together of this size is not something that is done overnight. so please, everyone expect updates in the coming days.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think donating games for the cause would mean more since Tony repaired games. He told me that he loved repairing games because he knows it made people happy when playing them.

I need to go through my stuff and see what I have.

We should make it a $10k minimum goal. Once we hit it, go for the sky on it.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I think donating games for the cause would mean more since Tony repaired games. He told me that he loved repairing games because he knows it made people happy when playing them.

that is exactly my thoughts on it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I need to go through my stuff and see what I have.

I only have cash to donate. my game collection is ridiculously small.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I only have cash to donate. my game collection is ridiculously small.

Mine is as well. But I know I can donate a minimum of 3 boards.

Do what you can, even passing on one game that you got joy out of I think would make him smile.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You know I'm in. I'll message you on FB &/or text you tonight after the kids are in bed.

Good on you for heading this up.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ScreenShot2012-11-06at70608PM.png

thanks, mike. You're the best.

This link will go active when it starts up.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I would like to donate some games/pcbs. I'll hit you up on facebook later. We're also visiting Milwaukee soon so maybe I can just drop them off at your place before we head up north.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
what's the paypal for the tony fund?
I havent set one up quite yet. Like i said- i was just laying the groundwork for this thing now. It will all be put together in the next couple of weeks.
I'd be a little leery of PayPal after the trouble VT ran into with them the last time he set up donations for Tony a few months ago but if you can make it work, I'm in for a donation.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'd be a little leery of PayPal after the trouble VT ran into with them the last time he set up donations for Tony a few months ago but if you can make it work, I'm in for a donation.

i have already contacted them personally and am working on it.

edit: I am being furnished with a 'donate button' and its privileges.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I could just send money to the ACS directly. I would rather do it as part of the site.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Please do not count the donation I made to the ACS already. That was personal and separate from this.

I have 1, maybe 2 refurbished 2-slot MVS boards to donate. I'll know more when I get home from California. I may have some more stuff too.

RJ

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Please do not count the donation I made to the ACS already. That was personal and separate from this.

I have 1, maybe 2 refurbished 2-slot MVS boards to donate. I'll know more when I get home from California. I may have some more stuff too.

RJ

how much and to where and why you donate is up to you (this is a no-pressure thing i thought this would be a nice thing to do as a group). I really appreciate the support, man. Anything you want to add to the fray would be more than welcomed.

and again. because i cannot say it enough. Mike @ gamegavel - you are a true class act! thanks for coming through for a total stranger!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The outpouring of support for this has been great! Thanks for it.

That being said. I have a ton of stuff on my plate right now, so this really needs to be shelved until Monday. I'll continue to work on this in the background, but the private correspondence needs to chill a bit. I'll make a full call for donations to the tony-a-Thon on monday with plans to make it live a week from Sunday.

Thanks again for the offers. They mean a lot.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Awesome. I've definitely got some boards to donate. Looking forward to seeing this happen.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did a quick look at my stuff and I think I should be able to donate maybe 5 or so.