MVS Proto carts - Part II

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I can't even imagine how many incompatibilities and weird issues you'd have with ten different carts in the same machine, let alone twenty ;) Haha, let alone having to just seat them all correctly. I can't even imagine what that board would have looked like. The six slot is enormous! Good stuff, though. Can't wait to hear more.

Imagine a CMVS by Kenny, candy red with leds and princess sticks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes exactly like that...

You bumping this thread, spurred me on to email him again and he has just replied confirming 100% that it was called Bi-Plane and was on the MVS. I have just replied asking for him to confirm the year if he can.

But do not worry, I am not giving up on this one as he is the only person in the UK that might have any info. I am not sure if I have already mentioned this in the thread but he has been in the industry since 1974 and has been involved with all of the big named companies as the UK Distributor. During the 80s he was on the board at SNK and used to fly over to Japan every week or so and was involved in the design of some of the games.

It's not Neo related, but during one of our chats he was telling me that when Taito first demo'd Operation Wolf in Japan there were no sound effect on the intro... they never used to believe that they were needed. So he told them that they should to create better atmospherics in the game and they then added in the sfx of the laces beign tied and the knife being sheathed.

Some other things he told me about was about being on the design team of the Original Mr. Do and created the layout on alot of the levels. And a big bombshell that was a shock to me, was that he was fed up with all boards requiring different adapters in the 80s and so he designed the layout of the JAMMA adapter... it had three versions before it got accepted by the board in Japan but it was from his recommendation.

It would be cool to unearth a proto for the Neo that no one has ever heard of.

If this is the guy that created the JAMMA layout his name should be known to the arcade scene and glorified. Is he around 64 years old?

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Sadly he has confirmed with me that he never had a physical cartridge for this one only telex messages from SNk in the very early 90s. He beleives he still has all of the paperwork and is trying to locate it for me.

As for the guy being known to the Arcade Scene... he already is. He is one of the biggest names in Europe and has been for nearly 30 years. ;)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Amazing thread!

Very keen to hear more, good luck!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
You literally scored the motherload my friend. An absolutely unbelievable cache there. I knew immediately when I saw your pics of the carts and their labels that you had many more carts in the lot that were protos.

However, what is far more important and significant then what you see, is what you don't see. Meaning the NUMBER ONE thing that you really need to do at this time, is to contact whomever the source was that these came from, and ask about any "other" carts they may have and/or may have had in their possession. Remember that just because all of the ones you received from him were of released games, by NO means does that imply that others were not. In fact, logic and common sense would dictate the exact opposite.

In the simplest terms, start following the trail backwards. Anything he ever had, any other operator he ever dealt with, and/or knows, any other buyers he sold carts to over the years, etc. Trust me. Trace it all. This is an excellent lead, and one that needs to be investigated fully because it has excellent potential to yield results.

Thanks for the pics. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's best to go back and look for unreleased game as well. Chances are that the guy that sold you these games, has some that are unreleased.

So... I was going to update my previous thread with this but that seemed to get a little out of hand. Hopefully we can keep this one more on track... :)

Anyway, I have spent this evening opening up a load more carts to reveal alot of 'pre-release' proto carts. I still need to do a CRC check on them all to confirm exactly what they are but here is my Dining Room table atm...

The carts I have are all old carts from the 1990's and all have dates earlier than the offical release dates...

Baseball Stars..90/02/20
Cyberlip........90/06/07
Cyberlip........90/06/07
Cyberlip........90/06/07
League Bowling..90/10/11
Magician Lord...90/02/19
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Puzzled.........90/09/28
Riding Hero.....?
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Super Spy.......90/08/23

Strangely enough a couple of the chips have version numbers written on them, not sure what this means just yet...

League Bowling.....v0.16
Magician Lord.....v2.4

Also, all of the Riding Hero carts have been installed with a custom chip and alot of additional wiring, not sure what that is for just yer either...

My god, I hope that you have dumped all of these to preserve them for all time, and I can't wait to see whats different with Magician Lord, even if I am forced to see it only on an Emulator!

Yep, I dumped mine, but no telling where I put it. I can re-dump this weekend.

Please do make sure that you dump it, and let us have a look at it. After all these years of seeing the same ol same ol on the Neo-Geo, it would be amazing to see something different, especially in games we have already mastered and memorized, so the differences should stick out like a sore thumb! Also, thank you for dumping your unreleased roms!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Please do make sure that you dump it, and let us have a look at it. After all these years of seeing the same ol same ol on the Neo-Geo, it would be amazing to see something different, especially in games we have already mastered and memorized, so the differences should stick out like a sore thumb! Also, thank you for dumping your unreleased roms!

What? So you can make some more fake carts to sell you piece of shit? Go back to your little safe space on FB you fucking scumbag.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
You literally scored the motherload my friend. An absolutely unbelievable cache there. I knew immediately when I saw your pics of the carts and their labels that you had many more carts in the lot that were protos.

However, what is far more important and significant then what you see, is what you don't see. Meaning the NUMBER ONE thing that you really need to do at this time, is to contact whomever the source was that these came from, and ask about any "other" carts they may have and/or may have had in their possession. Remember that just because all of the ones you received from him were of released games, by NO means does that imply that others were not. In fact, logic and common sense would dictate the exact opposite.

In the simplest terms, start following the trail backwards. Anything he ever had, any other operator he ever dealt with, and/or knows, any other buyers he sold carts to over the years, etc. Trust me. Trace it all. This is an excellent lead, and one that needs to be investigated fully because it has excellent potential to yield results.

Thanks for the pics. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

So... I was going to update my previous thread with this but that seemed to get a little out of hand. Hopefully we can keep this one more on track... :)

Anyway, I have spent this evening opening up a load more carts to reveal alot of 'pre-release' proto carts. I still need to do a CRC check on them all to confirm exactly what they are but here is my Dining Room table atm...

The carts I have are all old carts from the 1990's and all have dates earlier than the offical release dates...

Baseball Stars..90/02/20
Cyberlip........90/06/07
Cyberlip........90/06/07
Cyberlip........90/06/07
League Bowling..90/10/11
Magician Lord...90/02/19
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Ninja Combat....90/06/07
Puzzled.........90/09/28
Riding Hero.....?
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Riding Hero.....90/06/06
Super Spy.......90/08/23

Strangely enough a couple of the chips have version numbers written on them, not sure what this means just yet...

League Bowling.....v0.16
Magician Lord.....v2.4

Also, all of the Riding Hero carts have been installed with a custom chip and alot of additional wiring, not sure what that is for just yer either...

Yep, I dumped mine, but no telling where I put it. I can re-dump this weekend.

What? So you can make some more fake carts to sell you piece of shit? Go back to your little safe space on FB you fucking scumbag.

Coming from someone that has no CLUE what your talking about, that makes no sense to me, and means nothing, but thanks for the comment, and have a wonderful day! lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Coming from someone that has no CLUE what your talking about, that makes no sense to me, and means nothing, but thanks for the comment, and have a wonderful day! lol

They are refferring to this: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...US-AES-Near-New-for-sale-or-trade!&highlight=

I don't like that NGFL's attitude to the scene... from Lee "Admin" Gray downwards... rep means nothing to me...

You are ALL on notice... you might as well ALL leave... I aint one for forgetting....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Excuse me? How about this tough guy? How many of these have you made and passed off as legit?Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

attachment.png

Or how about how you feigned ignorance when you sold that fake Real Bout cart? You seem to know SO MUCH sbout spotting fakes yet you try and pass that off? Please, you said my Pulstar was fake and it was confirmed legit. Quit acting like youre some big tymer. Is that why all of you guys are hiding over there on FB? Or is it getting too hot over there too, talking about leaving to go somewhere else. Why? So you can fleece some other noobs to the Neo scene?
You are a scumbag of the highest degree, always trying to rip someone off, go fuck yourself man.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I find NGFL's philosophy and how they handle their memberbases 'attitude' to the scene non-compatible with my outlook...

NGFL members are warned... in advance... I just don't fuckin' like you...

You contribute here and I may forget about you... but make no mistake... i will War room lock you or revoke your privileges perma... no questions asked...

xROTx

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Are you still faking having a disability?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
1067900.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Faking disability, manufacturing conversions with intent to deceive, flipping for profit, being a member of the retard squad NGFL... but you're alright man, no worries. :thevt:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Hi All,

Dont mean to drag up an old thread but I would to start the discussion about Neo Geo proto's again. Has the TENRIN NO SHOU / Breakers / Crystal Legacy cart ever been found? I know it was on location test at one stage.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah I found it a few months ago but I'm not going to show YOU or ANYONE else, It's mine!