Remembering Nightmare Tony. We lost a Neo Geo legend...

snkjoe

New Challenger
Rest in peace Tony. Its soo sad when stuff like this happens :( but we will see you soon my friend.

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
Oh, man! So sorry to hear this. I became pretty good friends with him when I first came here in 2003. Helluva nice dude :) He will definately be missed here on the forums :(

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Sorry for the late reply, I have not visited for a while, even more sorry to hear the sad news.

NT was a legend in our hobby here, apart from his insight into neo-geo hardware he helped me and others out with a lot of other tech issues on other platforms especially classic arcade stuff, he was a tech guru. I will miss him and send condolences and best regards to his family and freinds and all on this forum who were touched by Tony. RIP my friend. :( a sad loss

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
I never have personally known this individual, but I wish his family all the best. R.I.P. , Tony.

grimm

Marked Wolf
I never knew the guy, but sad to see everyone here lose a friend. Cancer took my mothers boyfriend almost 10 years ago, so i know its a bad way to lose a loved one. RIP Tony.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Well, shit.
It seems like every time I take a break away from the forum (and the internet in general) due to a little personal misfortune, someone someone here at NG.com ends up dying.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
This is just to crazy to me. It couldnt of been more than a few months ago that I was talking to him. I mean I knew the situation was getting worse but he always seemed to be such a survior that I just never thought that it was possible that he wasnt going to make it.

I feel like such a selfish asshole for not talking to him more. I just wish I could of spent a little more of my time talking to him.

Such a great guy and defiantly will be missed.

R.I.P Tony. I didn't know you but from all the kind things I have been reading you seemed like a real stand up guy.

neoforever51

Rugal's Thug
I dedicate my Nam-1975 world record at Tony

It is a world record which goes back to 1991, I think Tony knew this period perfectly

R.I.P Tony

Last edited:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
DAMN. I rarely post here anymore, but I remember Tony. Sorry to hear he's passed on, and right before Christmas at that. I'm sure he's in an arcade that never closes now. Rest In Peace sir.

ben76

n00b
I don't know him, but it sounds like he put up a good fight. I'm also sure he'd be proud to see so many people sending their thoughts. He'll definitely be playing all day and night in the big arcade in the sky.
All the best to his family and friends
- Ben

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I know that everyone here would pray for me if my illness worsens and I have been feeling like shit since Jan 2012 and I don't do much for being bedridden and I don't play games and watch anime or movies as much as I use too which is rare now unless I feel upto it. Illness problems suck like respritory etc. :(

Anyways get better soon Tony mang! :D

I am not a religious person but maybe you two were and I will say a prayer for you guys to honor you both, go with God Shawn & Tony, neither of you are in pain anymore and will be missed by the many friends you made here.