Remembering Nightmare Tony. We lost a Neo Geo legend...

maestro3h

n00b
Desde España, Tony, descansa en Paz y que tengas un buen viaje...

From Spain, Rest in Peace, Tony.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
My deepest respects go out to Tony and his family. I talked to him over PM and chat about his fight and also my niece that has been fighting cancer for over two years. She also died this last week and I got back from the funeral services yesterday. Cancer seems to be taking the best people away from us. I am very grateful for his invaluable contributions to the community and the world as a whole. He will be missed.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
to tell u the truth im new here and im upset i never got to talk to such a great man to hit the hearts of many people. i didnt know him but all the things that were said about him has brought sadness to my heart. he seemed like a class act guy that touched and helped so many here. my deepest respects to his family and freinds. i know not really anyone knows me on this fourm but i really do fell like i learn alot here and people are very helpful. and it seems we lost one of our best. never met you tony but take it from me as a new guy u will be missed and u were loved
rest in piece tony

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Though I knew you for a short time Tony, you left a lasting impression on me. I hope these past couple of days were painless and amongst family and friends. Rest in peace bud.

You will be missed! :crying:

I spoke to Tony for the first time in chat. Since he was local to me and into the same hobbies we hit it off right away. I felt chat was a huge outlet for him where he could talk to friends in real time and try to forget his troubles if even for a few moments.

The guys big heart and easy going way just poured out of him even in chat. I was lucky enough to meet up with him a few months back at a local meetup. I was astonished that he made such an effort being as sick as he was to come out for a short time and meet with internet friends. It was great, he had piles of old photos and paperwork from his long and exciting career in the industry. He was so happy to share his past with us and see some of the faces he has gotten to know through the internet.

That is how I will always remember him, a big hearted guy, passionate about the people and the hobby.

Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Very sad news. I never talked to Tony, but even without knowing him its clear he was great guy and had a positive impact on so many people.

Cancer is such a terrible disease. My heart goes out to Tony for having to go through this and to his family as well. Rest in peace.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I was so sorry to hear about this :(. I am relatively new here, and I never interacted with him personally, but I have seen his posts all over the forum and he was clearly a pillar of the community, and I can tell he will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I remember Tony IMing me out of the blue a couple years back just to talk about Neo stuff and I didn't even really know him. He was just the type of guy that liked to chat with people about his passions and was truly a nice guy with no ulterior motives.

Definitely will be missed.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Sorry Tony, I didn't know you better, but you'll be missed on the forums for sure.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Goodbye Tony. You'll be missed so much because of so many things you've left us with, memories and knowledge that no one else could have provided. It's a great legacy, hopefully we can live up to it.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
My heart truly sank when I re-read the banner coming back yesterday. Your contributions to the community and gaming as a whole will never be forgotten.

Thank You Tony! :buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Has anyone ever been to Nightmare Park? I know Tony seemed to really enjoy putting on a show there, always wondered if anyone attended one of the shows.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Somebody in chat said kidney, but then I read tony's own post saying it was in his lungs? Not sure if it moved there, or started there.

Stage 4 cancer is when it has spread. It spread to his lungs, bones, and brain by the end. Chemo helped with the stuff in his lungs, but did not keep it from spreading and starting elsewhere. :(

Tony kept up the good fight and never let any fear show through. I think that all the chats and the outgoing attitude he had helped him deal with the fight.

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Deepest condolences to Nightmare Tony's family. :crying:

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
Rest in Peace Tony.

Never really interacted with him directly, but was glad he was here.

On a side note, it's too bad, in a thread like this, we can't tell the thread not to display any sigs. Yeah, I can turn them off completely, but that's not really the point, is it? Kinda, I don't know, like a moment of silence or something?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
On Facebook this morning:

Tony will ALWAYS be remembered by me as someone who was helpful and never had a cross word. His memory will live on in everyone who he touched.

Raymond

God fucking dammit. :( Rest in Peace Tony and my condolences to your family.

I didn't even get a chance to know you
but it saddens me that you had to leave so early
I hope you are well, wherever you are
May your soul find peace, in a place of eternal bliss.

Rest in Peace.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Condolences to friends and family. Peace and strength be upon all.:(