Remembering Nightmare Tony. We lost a Neo Geo legend...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Very sad news, I only spoke to him once or twice on here, seemed like a nice guy. RIP mate.

I was hoping not to see the forum banner updated with news of his passing. What a shame.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
To a good man with a humble heart, you will always be remembered.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
My condolences to his family and close friends. He was an all around great guy, liked by all around here and contributed so much to the community. You will definitely be missed Tony. Godspeed.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The scene has lost a great guy. Godspeed mate.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
This is most definitely not the news I wanted to hear when I got home. My time chatting with him was very brief, but I'm willing to bet there wasn't a nicer guy who walked the Earth. He left an impression on me, that I am truly grateful for, and I am honored I had the chance to chat with him the last few months.

Tony, you will never be forgotten here.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Tony was an awesome guy who had a deep knowledge of arcade hardware that wasn't limited to just Neo either. Plus a hell of a nice guy on top of that. Never had anything bad to say about anyone (well, except NGF).

We'll miss ya Tony!

-Todd

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The Neo Community has lost a living legend.

That's for kicking it with us Tony while your were here.

See you on the other side.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Sail into the mystic, my friend.

When arrangements are made for his services, we need to represent.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I hate losing people to cancer. Changes your life forever. My best to the family.
farewell

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Sad news indeed.

Wish the best for his family.

Rest in Peace Tony.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Although I didn't know him, I'm sad to learn of the tragic news surrounding the passing of Nightmare Tony. He's clearly a highly respected and beloved member of the community here and, indeed, a great loss to all who knew him. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to know him myself. Nevertheless, my thoughts right now are with his family and their loss. Cancer is a terrible, painful and devastating thing. Rest In Peace Tony. Rest in peace...

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
My condolences to his family. Rest in peace. Never good to lose an honored member in a community such as this. I didn´t even know him and this genuinely makes me sad.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
So sad to hear of his passing. I never got a chance to know you Tony, but from what I've read you were a very special person to a lot of people. My condolences go out to his loved ones.

May you rest in peace.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
At first I was going to post a similar "did not know him personally, but..." post, but then I thought about it more. While it is true that I did know him personally I know that I greatly benefited from him. We all did. His legacy is in the architecture of a hobby that has brought us all together. As we continue to enjoy SNK, Neo-Geo, so on we are enjoying what he helped created, to whatever degree it was he was a part of it and will live on through our love of this gaming system. So thank you Tony, for all that you did you were, in some way, part of many years of enjoyment for me.

For those that were close to him I hope you find the comfort, peace, and closure you seek. It seems to me you all shared a great friend.

aria

Former Moderator
I was lucky enough to get to know Tony a bit online in these last five or six months. What struck me was how open, honest and good-natured he was--In an online world that's often plagued with cynicism or self-importance, his genuine kindness was almost unsettling in how unexpected it was given his background. All I can say is I wish I'd gotten to know him even better. What he shared with the community in these past months was incredibly generous, like he was, and I can say that Tony left this hobby (and I mean that beyond NG.com) better than he found it.

Rest in Peace.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Just a suggestion guys, but rather than posting memorial details on here, someone who knows his family should first reach out to them and ask what the best way would be for those who knew him here on the forums to honor his memory. I think the family would really appreciate the gesture.