Broken Neo Geo CD System - Questions

XiTaU

n00b
sorry to necro thread but thanks to this i have a working neo geo cd thank you NeoTurfMasta. I knew it couldnt be too hard to fix because i could hear it all working but was grinding abit and pulling it up with some pliars fixed my issue and its now working well as far as i can tell.

once again thank you thank you thank you didnt wanna shell out another few hundred dollars :)

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I seem to have the same problem. I have recently noticed some discs are 'scraping' while spinning indicating they are sitting too low. Also getting occasional 002 errors. Do I need to take the console apart to pull the spindle back up, or can I do it from the top?

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I seem to have the same problem. I have recently noticed some discs are 'scraping' while spinning indicating they are sitting too low. Also getting occasional 002 errors. Do I need to take the console apart to pull the spindle back up, or can I do it from the top?

You might be able to push it up by using something to wedge between the spindle and the tray and pushing up. You might be able to get a grip with a pair of pliers. If you can't do it that way you'll have to take it apart to get it back up.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
On closer inspection the height looks fine. Any other ideas why discs may be scraping and/or Error 002 messages?

IMG_8103.jpg

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I belieave the lens doesn't only travel from the inner to the outer part but also gets closes and further from the disc itself (moving in vertical). Maybe, if the height is right, it's the lens mechanism that is getting the lens too upwards...

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
I have found replacement lenses on eBay for about £30, just wondering if there is anything else to try before spending any money.