CRT Fetish Thread

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
The difference between component and RGB at that res will be basically invisible on such a small screen. Even on my 125" CRT projection system the difference is hardly noticable at 240p. Go to 1080i or 720p with a bluray and its obvious straight away, RGB has a much higher bandwidth.

Composite sync is when the set uses the composite video to obtain the sync signal, as opposed to combined sync that is used on almost all arcade machine boards, and about 3/4 of home consoles, depending on region.

Any display with a SCART input will generally take composite sync, and in most cases source devices are feeding the display composite video and the display takes the sync from that and blanks the video image provided on the composite line.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
still wondering, what's the draw to these over a Megaview Pro?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
still wondering, what's the draw to these over a Megaview Pro?

I have only seen Megaview Pro in larger sizes (I have only personally seen 37 and 42 inch ones). Some people only have space for a 20 inch monitor and not anything bigger. And I have own a few Megaview Pro and I can tell you that a PVM has a better picture than a Megaview Pro in 15khz. Though I guess it's somewhat an unfair comparison since there isn't such thing as a 37 inch PVM to compare it's 15khz against a 37 inch Megaview Pro. :smirk:

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

The PVM has better control over beam focus than the Mitsubishi Megaview Pro. The pro grade NEC Multisync slap them both down with ease, and will retain its razor sharp focus til the death, due to being electro-magnetic focus instead of electro-static.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The PVM has better control over beam focus than the Mitsubishi Megaview Pro. The pro grade NEC Multisync slap them both down with ease, and will retain its razor sharp focus til the death, due to being electro-magnetic focus instead of electro-static.

even though these are used and 15" someone trying to be like Spike or something would want these then? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-NE...esale_Monitors_Projectors&hash=item1c2d535339

Sorry off topic and not mine. Anyhow I have PVM too what.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member

I have only seen Megaview Pro in larger sizes (I have only personally seen 37 and 42 inch ones). Some people only have space for a 20 inch monitor and not anything bigger. And I have own a few Megaview Pro and I can tell you that a PVM has a better picture than a Megaview Pro in 15khz. Though I guess it's somewhat an unfair comparison since there isn't such thing as a 37 inch PVM to compare it's 15khz against a 37 inch Megaview Pro. :smirk:

Cool, I've just always wondered. I use to have a megaview pro 29. Sold it when times were tough. I've seen these Sony ones for cheap on CL, just never over 14 - 19 inches. Guess I'll have to grab one to play with next time it pops up cheap.

thanks!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The RGB BNC connectors on the back will clearly be marked for both RGB and component YPbPr as well.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That's a killer deal for the 2530 if it's in good working condition.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Man, I'd totally buy that.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
My Wii, Dreamcast, and Sega genesis scart cables came in today.

The wait for this adapter is killing me.

On that note, should All Dreamcast games play no problem through RGB?

I remember a friend trying to play Dreamcast games through "VGA" mode, and running into problems.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Not every dreamcast game works. On the top of my head my copy of Geist Force doesn't work.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Is there a certain reason some Dreamcast Games wouldn't work with the Euro Scart to RGB/BNC converter?

NEO-GEO man

They should all work with RGB, its VGA that they may not work with, as far as i know the SCART RGB is still only a 15.75kHz signal.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Reason: they weren't programmed to work with rgb output. I believe all euro PAL titles have rgb support since rgb Scart was still a big thing over there at that time. However not all NTSC games have it. In some cases you can find a patched iso online that you can burn and play. Other cases, you are shit out of luck.

NEO-GEO man

Can always try it, if it comes up green and there is nothing in the menu to correct it then it doesnt take component. Not that its any great loss, RGB-HV has loads higher bandwidth.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Broken's cable came in today. I can join the club now right?

1zczk7p.jpg

23h7kh3.jpg

soundguy77

n00b
Broken's cable came in today. I can join the club now right?

beautiful picture. if only more people knew they could be reliving their childhoods in pure, vibrant, HD-pixely goodness. it's one of those rare situations where in a decade from now people will suddenly realize how much emulation/scaling sucks and how precious/important these monitors are for preserving video game history.

Last edited: