CRT Fetish Thread

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Hey ya'll. I'm new around here but I just wanted to chime in. I've got 2 Sony PVM's myself and they're incredible. I've got a 19' and a 25'. Surprisingly, the 19' has a markedly better picture, though it seems to have a similar issue to what Thamiel is describing, where the picture is cut off in the margins. It's not a deal breaker, just kind of annoyig. It seems to be less of a problem with Mega Drive/Genesis games.

this is the setup I used to have. used a SCART to PVM custom made cable to play my games on it via scart cables

Last edited:

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I have 2 PVMs up in herrr a 13"er and a 2030
20121004125624.jpg

even the composite looks fantastic on my non rgb PCE ifu but everything else I use RGB including my Duo-R
photo2xy.jpg

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Thought I would join the party. Love these things. Mine are the rebranded Olympus OEV medical monitors, same guts though :]

pvmss.jpg

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Hey ya'll. I'm new around here but I just wanted to chime in. I've got 2 Sony PVM's myself and they're incredible. I've got a 19' and a 25'. Surprisingly, the 19' has a markedly better picture, though it seems to have a similar issue to what Thamiel is describing, where the picture is cut off in the margins. It's not a deal breaker, just kind of annoyig. It seems to be less of a problem with Mega Drive/Genesis games.

I was able to adjust my image which was really off on the 2030 by accessing the pcb panel and adjusting the image pots. It was very easy to do as they were labelled. Just tweaked them till they were perfect and have been fine since.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just can't find the 29 model here in Brazil in other hand the 20 inches is really easy.

What do you guys say about this trade 38" inches Sony Wega Triniton using RGB via RGB to component converter vs 20".
Isn't that too small to play games with your someone else?

By the way, the 29 inches model was the biggest ever produced?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
PVM-2530 OBTAINED! I am now a member of the club! a $10 Scoop!

Now, where can I get a DB25 to female scart adaptor? :P

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
thanks 300wins :)

I saw the picture after I've sent my question.

Now, I would like to know if any of you guys regret the size of the pvm. The image is fantastic and this is obvious but isn't the size a down side of it?
I'm considering upgrading my sony wega triniton to an arcade monitor of the same size. This would be the best size+quality that I can think of.
But I maybe avoid that if I could find a 29" inches. The sad part is that I can't :/

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
$10?

You fuck stain.

Lawrence's_big_grin.jpg

BIGGRIN.JPG

Im showing up with a truck and a baseball bat.

I'll bust the nunchucks out (as well as some heads).

but seriously, I asked the guy if he left off a zero in the ad.. he confirmed he didn't, just wanted it gone! I really feel bad for picking it up at that price, but couldn't resist it.

It's a 100+ LBS beast but it'll be a addition to my blooming collection of geekery.

zenblaster

n00b
img20120611141650.jpg

Heres the pvm setup I use for streaming at tournaments.The built in outputs of the monitors are perfect for what I need.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ended at $182.50 ouch! My brother only wanted to pay $75 for it. Still not all bad, if it's in good condition and you like your games retro it's the best $182.50 you'll spend.
Wow that's still a lot for one. I don't konw what it's like finding them where you live but I see them all the time on Craigslist here. One was $10 and the other was $30. I had good luck looking on ebay and then seeing what's local. On my 13" pvm I just wated for a local one to not sell then I messaged them offsite and picked it up. They are cool for sure but seem to be only wanted by gamers these days so hopefully he'll find a better deal.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Wow that's still a lot for one. I don't konw what it's like finding them where you live but I see them all the time on Craigslist here. One was $10 and the other was $30. I had good luck looking on ebay and then seeing what's local. On my 13" pvm I just wated for a local one to not sell then I messaged them offsite and picked it up. They are cool for sure but seem to be only wanted by gamers these days so hopefully he'll find a better deal.

heh, welcome to Australia, land of the greedy... That's a topic for another day.

On Ebay here the big ones are not that common. Lucky to see 5 or 6 in a year and usually they have BIN prices of over $200. I was lucky to score mine for $45 but then had to pay $80 to ship it to me. The 20" seen plentiful though, usually they only go for $20-$50