Page 300 of 301 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 7506

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Catoblepa View Post
    Sorry for the crappy smartphone photos... but I've recently dusted off my Philips CM8833 (good old friend of my Amiga days) to test my jamma boards, and what an absolute joy it still is.

When you get used to LCD screens you kinda forget how vibrant a CRT can look (and this was just a quick test, didn't tinker much with settings). The pics don't make it justice.

That Philips is absolutely LOVELY. The 1084 too, which is a rebranded version with slight modifications on the inputs.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    That Philips is absolutely LOVELY. The 1084 too, which is a rebranded version with slight modifications on the inputs.
    Thanks Yeah, the Commodore 1084 is basically the same... maybe it's got better input for the 8 bit machines? I've read that the CM8833 has some problems with the best Commodore 64 video signal, but I don't remember where I read it...

I've got two b&o mx4000s. I love them mostly for the ludicrously heavy remotes!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    A 36" flat Trinitron weighs 250 pounds, whoever has it should be paying you to take it away. I had a 27FS100 for a while and the display was very nice, I never noticed or was bothered by the geometry issues characterstic with flat tube CRTs while it was in use.

However, I was able to source a 32" Toshiba curved tube made around 2005 (s-vid and component inputs) and it actually weighed less than that 27" Sony, with the same clarity. Sony is also notorious for doing things their own way which needlessly complicate the fuck out of the internals and it can make working on them a real chore. 2 or 3 layers of daughterboards when you just need a neckboard and chassis. The FS100 series also cannot be modified for RGB input (which I was able to easily do with the Toshiba) though that's not really a deal breaker.
    As long as it has a BA-5 Chassis it should be rgb moddable. Atleast for KV27FS100. I know they make variants with an L on the end. The FS120 isn't iirc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/c...fs100_for_rgb/

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    As long as it has a BA-5 Chassis it should be rgb moddable. Atleast for KV27FS100. I know they make variants with an L on the end. The FS120 isn't iirc.
    That's exactly what I had, a 100L with a BA-6 chassis. Go figure, I thought they were all unmoddable. Mine for sure had a consolidated microprocessor with no obvious access to the blanking lines.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Ant of y'all know how to take away the "Video 4" off? I don't have the remote

TV is a Sony Trinitron KV-27FS100
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217
    http://backloggery.com/ggallegos1/sig.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Dogg-Father

find a cheap universal...or get a Sony one off ebay for like $10
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post

Geo, If you dont mind waiting for when I goto my parents crib I might have a sony controller that will work with your tv. I just have to look for it

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    I have a sync strike for it (Arcade Forge with LM1881). The strike used to work OK with the 2950, and it worked with a PVM with one ext sync connector. The 2950 has two connectors, one for horizontal and one for vertical, so I don't know how it could be composite sync if it's split into two connectors. Maybe the strike worked with the other PVM because it only had one connector.
    The 2950 also used to work with RGB output from a PS2, but not anymore.
    Currently wrestling with the same problem. I have read they are fickle with inputs. I am hoping a sync strike solves my problems as well. Otherwise, admit defeat and go full component cables with your consoles?
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar

I've been doing a lot of gaming on my pvm 2030 during quarantine and it's made me realize I have no back up for this thing when it stops working. I already have two no working 2530s in storage. I had a look on Ebay and the prices for these monitors are insane.

I've spent a lot of money in an rgb set up, so I would want to maintain it. I was wondering what the best way to play RGB on consumer CRTs is, as I think that is the route I will go after my pvm stops working. Would it be something like this?

https://castlemaniagames.com/collect...ef=w9_zngec1o_

Also, how much of a step down would it be from pvms?

Krauser's Henchman

The XRG series of converters might be worthwhile as non CRT solutions also.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

I don't think there is a way to do it without the remote! You can buy them on ebay cheap, or I can send you my old beat up one for the cost of shipping. I have the same set and it came with remote but I bought a new one from the 'bay for like $10 or something since it was beat to shit.

Who?

Nice Valvestate you've got there

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

I dunno what these aforementioned 2950Q sync problems could be caused by. I've thrown a multitude of RGB consoles and PCBs at my 2950Q and have not hit any sync issues. My consoles go through a Sync Strike and with CSync fed into HSync of the PVM (per the manual), and my PCBs connect directly to PVM's sync.

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    I dunno what these aforementioned 2950Q sync problems could be caused by. I've thrown a multitude of RGB consoles and PCBs at my 2950Q and have not hit any sync issues. My consoles go through a Sync Strike and with CSync fed into HSync of the PVM (per the manual), and my PCBs connect directly to PVM's sync.
    You are succeeding due to the Sync Strike on the console front I imagine. I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail to see if that solves my woes. A passive SCART to BNC breakout board just doesn't work for me for RGB.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Yeah itís a known limitation that the 2950Q only likes a raw sync signal as sync

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/danadamkof | Unofficial Neo-Geo Forums Discord: discord.gg/tzDDAgJ

Another Striker

Recently got this ctx pl9 for free and am very pleased with the image quality.83BB68B5-BB98-443C-9693-0F7A65E454BF.jpeg
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

Kyokugen's Student

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Geo, If you dont mind waiting for when I goto my parents crib I might have a sony controller that will work with your tv. I just have to look for it
    Virtually all sony TVs use the same remote frequencies for every command across models. I loved them when I did cable installs, the code for SONY on the universal remote was seriously like 10001 and it always worked. Every other brand you had to try multiple codes till the remote worked. So basically any sony TV remote should work, but you might need the right button for the function you need.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by skate323k137 View Post
    Virtually all sony TVs use the same remote frequencies for every command across models.
    Same is true of their other devies, including BD players. Fortunately they are directional, for I can use 1 remote for 2 BD Players in the same room, but in some rare instances I may forget to point it properly and the second will turn on when I am trying to do something with the first. Of the Sony BD players I have, original models that had component output to UHD player can interchange remotes. Their AVRs and CD players can as well.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Mr. Big's Thug

I've been working on this on and off for a long time. Finally got something I'm happy with. 4 player Nintendo 64 where everyone gets their own monitor. No emulation, no software, no mods. Running on a genuine N64. Monitors are NEC XM29.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post
    I've been working on this on and off for a long time. Finally got something I'm happy with. 4 player Nintendo 64 where everyone gets their own monitor. No emulation, no software, no mods. Running on a genuine N64. Monitors are NEC XM29.

Oh man that's sweet! Would be pretty awesome for some Goldeneye too, but really any 4 player split screen game.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post

I'm curious as to how you made that happen
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217
    http://backloggery.com/ggallegos1/sig.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Morden's Lackey

Look at that desk bow from the weight of it all. J/K

What device(s) are you using to split the screen?

Dogg-Father

So...that was you on Reddit crt gaming! Nice, how’s you split the signal?
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Thread Information