Page 276 of 282 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 7031

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrikeMike View Post
    I snagged a JVC TM-H1700G off of eBay for about 50 bucks shipped. The seller has reassured me multiple times . . . "we ship monitors all the time and it will be packed very carefully" . . . we'll see. I've had super good luck so far. It's only 2 states away, so hopefully it won't get handled as much. He didn't seem too happy about the price it went for or about my continual suggestions regarding packing and shipping it This would be the dream. I know my soldering skills wouldn't cut it though lol. Too bad it doesn't have RGB to begin with, but even the models with spots for an input card never have them. Seems like the card is pretty hard to come buy. People are just starting to mod those models with this same mod.
    If you don't have experience with modding, I would stick with S-Video on this monitor. It's absolutely beautiful. JVC's do some magic with their S-Video inputs. 750+ TV Lines are extremely crisp. If you need the manual/service manual for it I uploaded it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/wiki/speclist

...no circuit diagrams unfortunately though.

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefan View Post
    Looking good Mike!
    Thanks man! I couldn't live with a brand new TV without it lol. I hadn't bought a non CRT TV for a decade, so I figured if I invested in that I better go all out! I wasn't sold on a new TV until there was one released with as low of lag as the one I got. It's a 4K LG 65" with 12ms of lag. After playing fighting games for years I'm super picky. I've been able to land all the tight combos with no problems at all. I'm very happy with it and the OSSC helped a ton with that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    If you don't have experience with modding, I would stick with S-Video on this monitor. It's absolutely beautiful. JVC's do some magic with their S-Video inputs. 750+ TV Lines are extremely crisp. If you need the manual/service manual for it I uploaded it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/wiki/speclist

...no circuit diagrams unfortunately though.
    I have a few Panasonic 13"ers that are the same JVC 13"model except for the logo. They also have fantastic s-video. I have heard the same about these as well. For now I will rock out s-video. Not skilled enough to mod just yet. Thanks for the manual I'll get some pics up right away if it arrives all in one piece

These later models have very good s-video, I am have one with model with RGB and I can't tell the difference between S-video and RGB. All my Sony P/BVMs the picture quality is night and day. I have an older Panasonic, which is a rebranded and the difference is still pretty noticeable mostly in the color space arena. I also have a TM-1900 that doesn't have RGB. It does quite well over SVHS and composite but the results really vary from console to console. For example
    Atari 7800 composite to Svideo is a huge jump. On my PC Engine the difference is much smaller,but the TM isn't that great 480i content coming out of my dreamcast.

Anyone whit a sony trinitron kv29cl11k or similar can tell me why I can't save changing of Csec value under "design" in service menu? It must be set to 0000, 0001 or 1000... but keep going
    To 1100 and everything tends to yellow...
    Service menu is like this:
    https://youtu.be/S9HjJI8MyTc
    Last edited by vj88; 01-01-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Camel Slug

Anyone running an original Xbox to their PVM? I picked up a SCART RGB cable and it works fine on my 21" but the picture blanks in and out on my 2950q, with or without the sync stripper engaged. Would just use the 21" but its my vertical monitor and no room to move it to horizontal.

Mizuki's Demon

Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    Anyone running an original Xbox to their PVM? I picked up a SCART RGB cable and it works fine on my 21" but the picture blanks in and out on my 2950q, with or without the sync stripper engaged. Would just use the 21" but its my vertical monitor and no room to move it to horizontal.
    Probably an issue with the sync stripper tbh. I'd expect it not to work without one on the 2950Q, so if it's not working right, that's kinda the expected result. Guessing your 20 incher is a medical or other model with built in sync cleaning.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by skate323k137 View Post
    Probably an issue with the sync stripper tbh. I'd expect it not to work without one on the 2950Q, so if it's not working right, that's kinda the expected result. Guessing your 20 incher is a medical or other model with built in sync cleaning.
    It works with the other 7 systems, is there something different with the xbox sync output? I am thinking it may be the cable or signal isn't strong enough. I might just go find my component cables and call it a day :O

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

I have a Sync Strike, Xbox, first party Xbox SCART cable and 2950Q myself, and saw issues where the Xbox didn't seem to sync (or if it did, it was brief). I didn't do any actual testing on the Xbox, but I don't think the sync strike was getting enough power (or any power?) from the Xbox SCART cable. I saw very similar behavior with a cheap Dreamcast SCART cable, and powering the Sync Strike externally fixed it. I haven't hooked up my Xbox again since then, so I can't say this would fix that for sure, but I think it'd at least be worth trying to power your sync stripper externally if you're powering it from the cable.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    I have a Sync Strike, Xbox, first party Xbox SCART cable and 2950Q myself, and saw issues where the Xbox didn't seem to sync (or if it did, it was brief). I didn't do any actual testing on the Xbox, but I don't think the sync strike was getting enough power (or any power?) from the Xbox SCART cable. I saw very similar behavior with a cheap Dreamcast SCART cable, and powering the Sync Strike externally fixed it. I haven't hooked up my Xbox again since then, so I can't say this would fix that for sure, but I think it'd at least be worth trying to power your sync stripper externally if you're powering it from the cable.
    Ah yeah that makes sense, it seems like a power issue, because when the picture pops in its not out of sync. I just found my old component cables, so i will prob go with those for now, I dont want to add external power if I don't have to. Thanks!!
    Last edited by grendelrt; 01-04-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Mizuki's Demon

Yep, most likely just not powering it sufficiently. Blanking voltages were meant to tell the TV info about the signal, not to power ICs (even though it usually works).
    Last edited by skate323k137; 01-04-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Art of Typing Wiz

I use an OG Xbox via SCART cable with my PVM-3230 and it works quite well. Originally I was using a cheap third party SCART cable, but I had some pretty nasty interference in the audio. I ended up snagging an official Microsoft SCART cable and it has been rock solid since.

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    I use an OG Xbox via SCART cable with my PVM-3230
    Wow, a 3230. Sort of off-topic to your comment but what do you think of it overall? Have you had other RGB monitors you can offer a comparison with?

NAM-75 Vet

I got my 50 dollar eBay special today. They actually shipped it really well. It had a ton of packing peanuts and was wrapped multiple times in large and small bubble wrap. Something had been taped on the screen at one time so I had to take after it with some Goo Gone. Luckily the screen has no scratches, chips, or scuffs. The rest of it looked a bit marked up, but a magic eraser did the trick. There are some scratches and scuffs on the metal in places, but it looks in really good shape after the clean up. After I cleaned it up I degaussed it and hooked up an NES through s-video. I tried getting some pics of the monitor and my phone wasn't working well with me. The lighting in my place sucks for it too. I took a bunch of shots. Unfortunately most of the colors look washed out due to the lighting. At least the Super Mario 3 pic looks spot on to what it actually looks like in person. The colors look great and the image is super sharp. The quality is super similar to the Panasonic BT-H1390Y and BT-H1390YN I have. I know they have JVC counterparts that are exactly the same other than the Panasonic name. All three have 750 line and the menus are formatted the same too. Both of those monitors have fantastic s-video (I miss Skips and his monitor reviews ) and this one has the same quality. Hell, the RGB on those does not really seem a whole better than s-video in most situations. Since the are that similar I'm not worried at all about doing the RGB mod. 17" is also really a cool size. It's a nice mid point between 13" and 20".

Picked up a cheap-o Dell 19inch PC CRT from my local donation resale place. Cost me $3. Model # M992

Display chain: JNX CMVS -> OSSC -> HDMI to VGA adapter -> Monitor

Scaling set to 3X and 100% Scanlines

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post
    Picked up a cheap-o Dell 19inch PC CRT from my local donation resale place. Cost me $3. Model # M992

You can't beat 3 bucks! I keep forgetting about being able to use the OSSC for VGA monitors. Might have to give that a shot. Looks pretty nice

Mizuki's Demon

VGA crts are literally the best thing to use an ossc or xrgb2 with.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post

That looks Awesome Todd. Did not know those old Crt Dells displayed such a nice picture.

VGA crts are literally the best thing to use an ossc or xrgb2 with.
    Yea bro, VGA Crt Monitor + OSSC or XRGB2 = Pure Sex.

Mizuki's Demon

I don't know about that model, but I'm holding a "dell" 20 inch that's just a rebranded trinitron. Even takes sync on green for ps2 480p. Amazing tube, got it free.

NAM-75 Vet

I don't know about that model, but I'm holding a "dell" 20 inch that's just a rebranded trinitron. Even takes sync on green for ps2 480p. Amazing tube, got it free.
    Very nice! I've seen some on feebay for a lot more than free lol. You have any pics of PS2 in 480p on it?

Mizuki's Demon

I just looked for some but my camera at the time was a potato. If I get bored today I'll dig that tube out. It weighs like a 20 inch pvm lol

NAM-75 Vet

I just looked for some but my camera at the time was a potato. If I get bored today I'll dig that tube out. It weighs like a 20 inch pvm lol
    Lol gotcha

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    Are you using a gwscartlite?
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion World Champion
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    How many grails did Jesus have? What the fuck is wrong with people.

Mizuki's Demon

Best I could do for pics on my "Dell" Trinitron

GSMode selector is pretty solid, and gets around needing a tri-sync or secondary monitor to use PS2 with VGA for a lot of games. I have freemcboot set up to boot OPL in 31k vga if I hold down triangle on system boot.

This is a PS2 running in 31k RGsB (VGA sync on green). I used an extron sync stabilizer, which I don't need for this particular VGA monitor, but does an amazing job of separating sync on green (this monitor does too, but most/many don't). As an added bonus it has sync options and an H shift knob.

NAM-75 Vet

Looks pretty damn nice!! Thanks a ton for dragging it out for us What exact model is it? Wish my parents' shitty old Dell would have came with one of these

Mizuki's Demon

No prob man. It's always nice to play some ps2 in rgb. Sad it's such a pain to set up.

Anyway this monitor is an Ultrascan p1110. I occasionally send out work emails asking to adopt 20 inch CRTs... This one came to me that way It helps when you work with a few hundred nerds lol.

Thread Information