CRT Fetish Thread

KyaDash

Crazed MVS Addict
What sort of restoration? How bad was it?

That said, I have one (that I'm pretty sure I killed the final stage amplifier on the neckboard, haven't gotten around to fixing yet); The Jungle IC it has does have analog RGB inputs available (for OSD if I'm remembering correctly), so an RGB mod is perfectly doable. I was planning on doing one when I killed it, so it you manage to pull one off PLEAAAASE pass along any and all info on how you did it.

That said, I don't know whether you've cared to track down any of the information of the set, but here is this. https://files.catbox.moe/bmtmfs.zip
Includes some service manual stuff, as well as the datasheet for the jungle IC.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
YAY~!!! For now, my search has ended!!

I just grabbed a PVM-20L2MD with the 129x installed for $150.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW IF IT WAS A SCRATCH OR A SMUDGE! :mad:

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW IF IT WAS A SCRATCH OR A SMUDGE! :mad:

Lol, I know right! He's basically stopped communicating with me for some reason. /shrugs I'm still willing to go get it.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I decided that until I can get another scart to bnc breakout cable, I am going to be using my PVM-1353MD via component for my PS2/GameCube/Xbox. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 never looked so good...

This brought back some great memories. I played the shit out of that game in college on my HD Sony Wega. Now you have find every gap and 100% it before you get your breakout cable :p

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
This is the one I'll get tomorrow from a medical auction:

a friend of mine has one of those.

its a 20L2MD right? those are pretty good

also those 129x adapters are great and make switching between component and RGB seamless. i still new to get myself a second one. all in all that'll make for a great starter.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
a friend of mine has one of those.

its a 20L2MD right? those are pretty good

also those 129x adapters are great and make switching between component and RGB seamless. i still new to get myself a second one. all in all that'll make for a great starter.

Yep. I missed out on one auction that went for $30 that had a pvm-20M2MDU. :(

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Well, after six hours of driving, 20 mins of paperwork/loading... here I am!!

... and:

I realized after getting home, I don't have any way to connected anything to it yet lol. smh rookie mistake. Any way to fix even how the menu looks?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
six hours of driving [...] I don't have any way to connected anything to it
W2Gfu2r.gif

GoodTofuFriday

New Challenger
What sort of restoration? How bad was it?

That said, I have one (that I'm pretty sure I killed the final stage amplifier on the neckboard, haven't gotten around to fixing yet); The Jungle IC it has does have analog RGB inputs available (for OSD if I'm remembering correctly), so an RGB mod is perfectly doable. I was planning on doing one when I killed it, so it you manage to pull one off PLEAAAASE pass along any and all info on how you did it.

That said, I don't know whether you've cared to track down any of the information of the set, but here is this. https://files.catbox.moe/bmtmfs.zip
Includes some service manual stuff, as well as the datasheet for the jungle IC.

It was dead dead. speakers cables were cut inside, bad caps, cut power cord, geometry was hella off, buttons rusted out. filled with roaches... stickers all over it. base stand was broken. It was a project but i felt so bad for it that i just had to bring it back.

Thanks for the files. I was looking into rgb mod already but was curious if anyone had already done it. Ill be taking my time on doing the rgb mod but when i get it going I will let you know.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I know I know lol.

I had an older security system from a business, and it had the male bnc to female rca adapters with it. I forgot that I tossed it. :(

RCA > BNC are dirt cheap. I get them from China 2 for less then a dollar.

If you need something to hold you over just use S-Video. It'll still look damn good while you wait for your RCA > BNC and SCART > BNC connectors.

edit: ah shit i just looked at the images. its all stretched. i dont have any experience with having to correct geometry. fortunately ive been lucky that every monitor i have ever gotten has been ready to play as soon as i got it.

Last edited:

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Ugh.

So, I've been putting settings in the service menu back to the factory settings listed in the manual. I'm in the Deflection > Raster V > V BLK TOP. I get to the number it's supposed to be (13), and the screen goes blank. Now I can't even freakin' see the menu, etc. It's just blank. smh

edit/update:

I got it back. I used the manual to know how many times to press each button to get back to that option, and I changed it back to 22, screen came back on. So, no matter which settings I've tuned, I can't get the pincushion sorted, and it's still a tad stretched.

I guess we'll see something tomorrow when I can hook something to it, but not sure where this is going to go. A little frustrated and down.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
and the screen goes blank

Does the screen go blank if you have a console hooked up to it and running? I ask because the L2 series has a problem with the menu disappearing for no good reason. It's weird it always does it on a certain number of a certain setting (as my couple did it all the time, seemingly randomly), but just thought I'd mention it since it's one of those bugs the monitor has.

There's a setting you can change which helps some people keep the menu up 100% of the time but that never worked for me (I forget what setting it is - you'll have to google it).

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Does the screen go blank if you have a console hooked up to it and running? I ask because the L2 series has a problem with the menu disappearing for no good reason. It's weird it always does it on a certain number of a certain setting (as my couple did it all the time, seemingly randomly), but just thought I'd mention it since it's one of those bugs the monitor has.

There's a setting you can change which helps some people keep the menu up 100% of the time but that never worked for me (I forget what setting it is - you'll have to google it).

I won't have anything hooked to it until tomorrow afternoon. I had to order some cables and adapters.