CRT Fetish Thread

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
IMAG0245.jpg

I have a PVM-3230 (that's 32 inches, ladies) as my main console monitor. SCART for everything except NES and N64 (both s-video). I actually have a spare 3230 in the closet in case this one dies. Never seen anyone else on any forums/blogs with even one. I also have a 2030 and a 1354Q. Used to have a 2530, but sold it, regrettably. Always looking to add to the collection.

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I like all the PVM pics.... here's my setup right now (the consoles regularly change every week or so)

IMAG1192.jpg

CDX, CMVS, N64, NES, Saturn, DC... all RGB JP Scart. The NES is upsidedown because I was testing playchoice PPU chips that plug in the bottom (right now it has a Duck Hunt VS chip in).

You may recognize that I'm in TATE the wrong way... this in on purpose... last week I was playing Salamander 2 on my T-13 with 2 players facing each other.... player 2 steering the ship down through the top-down levels was FUN so I was trying it by switching controls around... it....feels weird.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I usually just use mine for testing mods but it sure is nice

photo2.jpg

There is a medical supply warehouse nearby and we are friendly with a guy who works there so we get them on the cheap. Poodude here managed to snag a 29" pvm from these guys for $40

IMG_2711.jpg

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
You may recognize that I'm in TATE the wrong way... this in on purpose... last week I was playing Salamander 2 on my T-13 with 2 players facing each other.... player 2 steering the ship down through the top-down levels was FUN so I was trying it by switching controls around... it....feels weird.

While we're on the subject, I'm not a fan of TATE-ing a PVM. The fact that the Trinitron tubes are only curved horizontally makes for some disorienting shmuping, IMHO. I guess it's ok if you're sitting far away from the screen, but who wants that? What say you all?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
While we're on the subject, I'm not a fan of TATE-ing a PVM. The fact that the Trinitron tubes are only curved horizontally makes for some disorienting shmuping, IMHO. I guess it's ok if you're sitting far away from the screen, but who wants that? What say you all?

I haven't done much with it but I didn't mind it. Maybe you need to play with the geometry?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I got mine from a local Neo member TWE. He was moving to Japan and need to get rid of it so I got it for free. The provenance is interesting, too. Supposedly he might have gotten it from Matt Ross who got it from maybe a government surplus as there is a sticker on the monitor that says something like "Battle Simulations".

Sony PVM-2530

sonypvm001.jpg

ddpdfkbl_bs.jpg

gabe

Quiz Detective
Dark pic... But that's the PVM on the left, sitting on an Ikea table with hacked legs so that my controls sit at candy-cab height.

tate.jpg

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
shmup4.jpg

sonypvm25.jpg

june1.png

Spare 20"
314029_470735772939726_1090376104_n.jpg

Gateway 27" with a DC VGA box and an XRGB2+
gateway2.jpg

Couldn't find a handy pic of my japanese Sony 4:3 CRT w/ native j21-pin RBG input, but that display is pretty sweet too.

dgame

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
I have:
PVM-5041Q 5"
PVM-8045Q 8"
PVM-1342Q 13"
PVM 1942Q 19"

I got into these when I found a bios hack online to convert a regular PCI ATI 7000/9000 series video card into a PCI ArcadeVGA card.
This allowed multiple PCI video cards and multiple 15 khz monitors to be used on the same system.
I had dual screen punch out working at 15 khz as well as the playchoice games.
I also had three RGB screens working at once because the system had 3 PCI slots.

I have other RGB monitors in storage as well, a Mitsubishi Megaview 33" a Pansonic 13" and another Sony PVM 19".

Now the PVM 1942Q 19" is my main TV/Media Player/Game console.
The PVM-8045Q 8" is for my test rig. The others are in storage.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
32 inch PVM!!

Mad jealous.

Yeah +1!

I had heard they made those in that size but never seen one until now. I am not even sure the 32 came into Australia.

Awesome setup.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Some nice rigs being showed off in this thread. When people see my PVM they are all like "what are you doing with the old shit" but its all good, I love it. Long live the PVM club!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Maybe this isn't very good?
pvm.jpg

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I must be missing the significance of the cats.

BTW, I couldn't do a better banner anyway :)

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Back to rolling with this club... yet again (I've own several PVM monitors in my life). Picked up 2 of them recently. Top one is a PVM-20M20U, while the bottom one is a PVM-1954Q.

Sony-PVM.jpg

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Back to rolling with this club... yet again (I've own several PVM monitors in my life). Picked up 2 of them recently. Top one is a PVM-20M20U, while the bottom one is a PVM-1954Q.

Sony-PVM.jpg

I think I bought a 20 incher off you in the past. My buddy swung by your pad to pick it up. These things are never available in my area. Always gotta get a buddy far away to get one.

Got my first PVM (a 25") from a member here... dojosky waaaay back in the days. Another dude that lives hella far from me.

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Yes, I sold you a PVM-2030. Had your buddy (who's a real nice guy btw) pick it up and bring it to you. Hope you've been enjoying it.

I think I bought a 20 incher off you in the past. My buddy swung by your pad to pick it up. These things are never available in my area. Always gotta get a buddy far away to get one.

Got my first PVM (a 25") from a member here... dojosky waaaay back in the days. Another dude that lives hella far from me.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
lol awesome.

only comment i have is about the three little ovals unders the N and Y.

I realize those represent part of the Trinitron logo, but I wonder if they would look better colored in Red, Green and Blue like on the 2030?

Otherwise, pretty awesome vintage like banner.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Yes, I sold you a PVM-2030. Had your buddy (who's a real nice guy btw) pick it up and bring it to you. Hope you've been enjoying it.

It's been great. Thanks again and also for throwing in those custom adapters/cables. Yeah he's a good guy. I paid him back by sending him 3 PS3 games and 3 blurays for Christmas. He just got a PS3 that year, so I thought I'd send him a "starter" pack.

Any room for a little one?

lelemulation.jpg

Sony PVM-9041QM. Cost me £30 posted, untested. Works perfectly. I built a female SCART to BNC cable for it so I can just use regular EU SCART cables.