Page 199 of 300 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 7480

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

Crazed MVS Addict

The "PHM-20M8U" linked in the post above mine.
    The craigslist ad takes care to mention that they heard it was a good monitor for older gaming, but the specs sheet they themselves link to states it's made for "HDVS" stuff; The range of those signals is the only reason I think there's a chance new stuff might work with it, but there's almost no way they'll take 240/480i.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post
    This is one of the reasons I am such a fan of the xrgb2 and pc crt combo. Geometry is very easy to tweak and adjust as needed.

Looks good!
    I'm a huge fan of PC CRT, I still have a couple. The sharper the better for me, scanlines (XRGB2) is a plus but not a must. Emulation on VGA CRT looks phenomenal, back in the day when Neo RageX was hot it looked amazing with the built it scanlines, it just doesn't get any better than that. Also Dreamcast and Xbox OG (XBOX VGA BOX) look like a million bucks with it, with the right games of course.
    Last edited by Electric Grave; 02-05-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Kyokugen's Student

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    I'm a huge fan of PC CRT, I still have a couple. The sharper the better for me, scanlines (XRGB2) is a plus but not a must. Emulation on VGA CRT looks phenomenal, back in the day when Neo RageX was hot it looked amazing with the built it scanlines, it just doesn't get any better than that. Also Dreamcast and Xbox OG (XBOX VGA BOX) look like a million bucks with it, with the right games of course.
    Very few people have taken the time to do it, but I used to have a nice VGA CRT setup for 480P PS2 games (even though there are only a handful). They looked downright amazing.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Yes, I have the disc and cable for it. Ridge Racer V looks stunning but you're right, the list is short and overall not worth the hassle.

Kyokugen's Student

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Yes, I have the disc and cable for it. Ridge Racer V looks stunning but you're right, the list is short and overall not worth the hassle.
    I had an interesting setup. Because it uses sync on green when you enable progressive, I had a fat PS2 with a cheapo composite screen on it (like the psone screens). I had a cable that had the component and composite outputs on it; ran the composite to the cheapo screen and then the component connectors to I a little RCA to Dsub adapter. I hooked that to a trinitron CRT that took 480p sync on green. You could use the little cheap screen to make sure you turned on progressive scan correctly, and the VGA monitor would kick on.

You can also use an extron sync stabilizer to strip the sync on green. Works very well for monitors that won't accept it.

Like you said... short list of games and generally not worth the hassle. But SSX looks pretty fuckin' great on it, as does guilty gear xxac+, Melty Blood AA, Thunder Force VI, and Tekken 5.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Some of the progressive scan games look great on CRT HD though, a decent tube running on 480p can be downright gorgeous. GGX2 and up. GGXplus and below don't support progressive. Tekken 5 looks insane, I think that was the last great progressive scan on the system. OMG how can I forget about TF6 is just not the same playing it any other way, I like to see the dtails on the ship, I just gotta.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Looking for a new stand to hold a 20" PVM I'm hopefully able to snag later this week.

These fuckers are big and heavy. CRT corner stand the way to go? I don't have room for a big table any more with all these cabs.

Edit- Anyone know the dimensions of the footing, the feet that have to have space to sit? I know there's not a lot of back/front to hand off the edge of the stand, but even a bit might help.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 02-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Looking for a new stand to hold a 20" PVM I'm hopefully able to snag later this week.

These fuckers are big and heavy. CRT corner stand the way to go? I don't have room for a big table any more with all these cabs.

Edit- Anyone know the dimensions of the footing, the feet that have to have space to sit? I know there's not a lot of back/front to hand off the edge of the stand, but even a bit might help.
    I'm actually building a table right now that will support 2 20inch PVMs, one will be for tate mode shmups, it's going to have around 6 different consoles and its also going to be on wheels so I can roll it anywhere.
    Gil Perales

Kyokugen's Student

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post

I could measure the "footprint" of a 20" PVM later if you need.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by skate323k137 View Post
    I could measure the "footprint" of a 20" PVM later if you need.
    That would be awesome Sk8!!!

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer314 View Post
    I'm actually building a table right now that will support 2 20inch PVMs, one will be for tate mode shmups, it's going to have around 6 different consoles and its also going to be on wheels so I can roll it anywhere.
    That sounds pretty sweet. Here's what my setup looks like right now. No wheels tho. I couldn't imagine pushing two of these things around the house.

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post
    That sounds pretty sweet. Here's what my setup looks like right now. No wheels tho. I couldn't imagine pushing two of these things around the house.

Very nice!
    Gil Perales

Dogg-Father

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post

Neither one of those look like a Commodore!
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Neither one of those look like a Commodore!
    I actually got my C64 set up on my computer desk. The monitor I got from you is still going strong and looks great. I'll snap a pic later if you'd like.

Akari's Big Brother

What would you guys say is a fair price for a Olympus OEV203 in good shape (rebranded PVM-20M2MDU)?

I paid $70 for mine, bro price.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I paid $70 for mine, bro price.
    You pretty happy with it? Any thoughts on that particular model?

Psycho Soldier

I have had three of this model. I paid $25 for the first one and traded a DC VGA box for the other. The third one I got for free. Great monitors.

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I have had three of this model. I paid $25 for the first one and traded a DC VGA box for the other. The third one I got for free. Great monitors.
    Not Sega brand VGA box, right?

Those are expensive
    Gil Perales

Psycho Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer314 View Post
    Not Sega brand VGA box, right?

Those are expensive
    Nope It was one of the $30 ones that RacketBoy used to sell. They preformed very good and are nowhere to be found nowadays.

It's fucking great. There isn't really much to improve upon on it. It takes composite (which is shit on mine,) svideo, RGB and Component. It has two RGB inputs, you can set either one to RGB or component, also has outputs on one of the lines which is handy since I run the component signal to a larger TV. The RGB has synced with everything I've thrown at it, it doesn't care if it's composite sync, composite video, sync on green, whatever. The image is outstanding, although scanlines aren't very pronounced if that's your kinda thing. It's not as sharp as some PVMS (I think it's a 600 line) but I think it's perfect for gaming. Easy to tate too.

The only bad thing about it is that some of the geometry functions are not available in the service menu, you need to take the back off, which I have never done. As a result, the image is rotated a few degrees counter clockwise as I'm not opening the beast up.

Kula's Candy

I just picked up one of these:

phm.jpgphm2.jpg

A Sony PHM-20M8U. Does anybody have info on how I can get into the service menu? I'm having trouble with alignment and also having it take in component instead of RGB.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Try pressing Menu, then push Enter and Degauss at the same time. You should be aware that monitor doesn't have SD resolutions. That exact same unit came up a few pages earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    What would you guys say is a fair price for a Olympus OEV203 in good shape (rebranded PVM-20M2MDU)?
    $50-100 sounds about right but don't be surprised if a seller wants a lot more.

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Try pressing Menu, then push Enter and Degauss at the same time. You should be aware that monitor doesn't have SD resolutions. That exact same unit came up a few pages earlier.

$50-100 sounds about right but don't be surprised if a seller wants a lot more.
    EDIT: Also I'l give that suggestion a go as soon as I get home, thanks again!

EDIT 2: whoops I accidentally thought your second portion was for me.
    Last edited by team_andromeda; 02-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Sorry, I'm not finding any PHM's in this thread....did you happen to misread and think I meant PVM? Not insulting your intelligence, I'm just not finding anything!

Thread Information